More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

That would be for the 6700XT thread:

Guys one question, I read the topi and I read about the script created for state F. I am not able to insert the script, but I wanted to know if there was a version of hiveos that solved this problem by itself. Now I’m using Kernel 5.10.0-hiveos # 83 as software and 0.6-212@211130 as software. I have a mixed rig (1 6800, 4 6600 xt and 1 a2000) Placed a screen of the 6800, for some advice, it is doing 61,80mh / s with 102w from software, but if I restart it starts going at 61,90mh / s but with 108 / 110w

#83 has included settings for 6800’s making the use of added F-State scripting unnecessary.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the answer. Would you know why restarting the rig my 6800 goes from 100 / 103watt to 108 / 110watt? Because if I reinsert the OC profile, everything returns to normal

1 Like

In my experience, HiveOS kernel #83 is very aggressive at locking in the 6800 series values for stability of hashing.

Many of us have GPUs that can run less, but there are alot of junk GPUs out there. You’ll need to tweak settings to your lower rates if lower power consumption/efficiency is a target.

No, my goal is not to reduce consumption, I just wanted to understand why by restarting the rig the consumption of the card increased, but by resetting the oc values it decreased. As if it didn’t catch them on reboot

AFAIK core voltage did not apply on start.

Thanks for the reply, I don’t know what AFAIK is but how can it be solved?

AFAIK (As far as I know) :slight_smile:
It is HiveOS or Linux problem i dont know. You can check core voltage by amd-info console command after reboot and then after reseting oc.

OK thanks. I will wait for hiveos to do a patch :joy: for now on every reboot I will apply the oc again

I have this problem also; it seems HIVEOS is not applying VDD properly upon booting for whatever reason. Seems to affect mainly RX 6800 cards. It means my card is not as efficient as it could be which is annoying but guess we’ll have to wait to see if it ever gets fixed. The current workaround is to change/reapply any setting manually after boot but has to be redone each time if you ever reboot

The same happens to me too, I only reapply the VVD or move the memories by 1. With the settings applied I get almost 62mh / s with 102 / 104w from software, while at a restart the consumption rises to 108/110 and it is a bit ’ bothersome

1 Like

Would it be possible to write a script to force reapply VDD in HiveOS that can be run on boot? This would save having to do it manually each time until the issue is fixed.

Having just checked, the difference between the two settings (what is applied on startup (687mv) and what I have entered in hiveOS (615mv)) is around 5-6w at the wall. Given that electricity prices here in the UK have risen and will continue to rise exponentially in the next several months these are definitely watts I would like to save

Yes, I know there is a script for this and if you see the messages above it should be right in this topic. I am in Italy and I have the same problem as you with the current, but I did not insert the script because once inserted the settings I have no problems with the rig. The rig does not freeze or restart for a long time and if I restart it manually I will re-enter the 6800 data

Wondering if you could write your own script to run on boot like this:

Would obviously need to be modified accordingly

@felubowie guys i don’t know why/how but my 6800xt is correctly getting OC settings, including core voltage, on hive restart, even after gpu detected dead if happens.

Do i need to share any specific information/setting ?

If you want to share them, that’s fine with me, even if I have a smooth 6800

May be this Hive bug for non XT 6800 only.

This is my 6800 xt

And for hive os i’ve the latest version and the latest kerner as well:

2 Likes

You have the latest version of the OS, I have the stable 0.6-212@211130. I could try to update and see if everything works out for me too