More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asus B250 Mining Expert

Карты стоят по порядку, говорят можно еще 1 поставить красную… Не пробовал… LA частенько зашкаливает - помогает отключение питания через wifi розетку, почти каждый ребут - через розетку… есть такое…

I don’t speak russian, sry if it’s already mentioned.
You can have max 13 display outputs. Your igfx on the CPU counts as one. So disable it.
The rest of the cards have to be headless mining cards.
It also matters which slots you put the cards WITH display output.
The manual (avail on Asus website) has schematics on how to install which cards & where depending on the types you are using.

Make sure to check it because 11 of the slots do NOT take nVidea cards under any circumstance.

Hi!
What HIVE image are you using? I am having trouble with the latest stable image and network connection. Network connection continuously drops so the system even can’t register with api.hiveos.farm never mention any mining at all. It’s a pain cause it is also inaccessible via network.

Собрал 2 рига по 14 красных rx580-8gb, хз как себя ведут материнки, все отваливается на разных этапах, в итоге выставил везде gen1, далее, в какие слоты пихать я так понял без разницы, просто по 3шт вставляешь последовательно, если сыпет багами переставляешь, в целом обе забиты рандомно, но вроде пашет. Биос прошил, рейзеры нулевые, вобще они обе абсолютно по разному подоткнуты, глюки какие угодно по дороге. Кому нужно пишите помогу.

ПС 15 красных заводиться не хочет, блекскрин, хотя я долго не ждал может и стартанет. Единственное что понял, ну нах эти асусы, лучше асрок на 12 слотов, я столько нервов за всю жизнь не тратил. Онли асрок господа, возможно есть глючные и безглючные асусы но это того не стоит!

По итогу работы, 14 красных карт как не крути работают не стабильно, вачдог рестартит риги от 5 до 10 раз в сутки, 13 карт работает стабильно, экономьте нервы.

Не в курсе, 12 карт только АМД будут работать? в руководстве указано, что 11 карт АМД можно только

1 Like

Nvidia запускаются 19 карт, но только если они Mining Edition и про это написано в руководстве

на этой схеме все карты RX ?
блоков питания два?

1 Like

у вас 12/13 красных карт на двух БП или на трех?

4 БП, от 650 до 800 Вт. Один БП на 2-3 карты с райзерами.

Всем привет. Установил 6×gigabyte 1660s, 5 работает 6ую плата не видит, ругается красным на нее, хотя по схеме в инструкции вроде такое именно подключерие должно быть. Установил последовательно в первые 6 слотов. Райзер к 6ой карте менял. Карту местами менял. Что может не так быть, что проверить? Спасибо. Блок питания на 1800w, серверный
Апдейт. В итоге 6ую карту увидела hive os, карта шуршит там по монете, те работает, но при загрузке материнка не отмечает 6ую карту зелененьким… такое вообще возможно?

драйвера обновите

I recently set up a rig consisting of Asus B250 Mining Expert and 6 MSI Armor Rx 570 8Gb GPU’s. I had huge problems getting the system going with the latest version of Hive OS. Updated the motherboards bios to latest version, but that did not work either.

I think I finally found out what the problem was. I was using the PCI Express x16 slot (the slot you can attach a GPU directly to). When I used a x1 slot instead the system started working flawlessly. I do not know why I cannot use the x16 slot. Is there a bug in Hive OS?

Set PCI-E Link to Gen2. This option exist this option exists separately for x16 slot and x1 slots

Подтверждаю. 12 карт 588 работают. Теперь риг умеет ребутаться не только по питанию. 2 года искал решение, ставил карты, как в инструкции от матери (в перемежку с нвидиа). Ничего не помогало. Давно забил и поставил на вайфай розетку. Сейчас, случайно наткнулся на эту тему. Просто переставил карты как на фото. Настройки в биосе так и стояли, как тут в описании. Все работает! Несколько раз ребутал удаленно. С первого раза - все онлайн. Без отключения по питанию! Не знаю, как вы до этого допетрили, но огромное спасибо! Лучше поздно чем никогда.

The motherfuckerboard will not work if your GPU overclocked high.

I did this on a rig based on the H81 Pro BTC R2.0 ASRock motherboard. And this seems to work. Rig has been running now for almost 20hrs. So Gen2 seems to do the trick. Thanks!

Hello ! Thanks for sharing this info.

Sorry if the question was already asked but does it work for rx 5700 xt ?

My 12 cards are detected on this mobo but rig is unstable. I put Gen 2 but when I did amd-info, it shows Gen 1 and Gen 2 on some PCI-E.
Should I put my cards like you show on this pic or it’s an issue with my mobo ?

Thanks for any answer.

This is a late response but some folks may find it helpful…

TLDR; on Win10 I can get 14 x Nvidia cards to run with no issues and only 9 x Nvidia on HiveOS

Up until recently, when switched to HiveOS, I’d been running to two identical Win10 B250 rigs with 10 x 1070ti NVidia cards with no issues. When I had to send one of my B250’s in for service, I successfully ran 14 1070ti Nvidia cards with no issues. But, if I added the 15th, the system would not load.

So, in short, on Win10, the max number of Nvidia cards is/was 14 cards.

Now onto the HivOS configuration

On HiveOS, no matter which slots (i know because I tried them all in various configurations) I use, the max number of Nvidia cards I can have on a B250 board is 9.

But to you point, ASUS officially only supports 9 Nvidia cards. I just found it interesting that with Win10 i could get 14 Nvidia cards running with no issue.

Hi guys,
is there any reference for the addressing of PCie ports?

I’m trying to keep log of individual cards. I expected that solid card reference should be by the PCIe address (format xx:00.0). however when i add new card, some of the cards keep the same adderess but some of the change them.

Thanks for your reply
ondrej