More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Asus B250 Mining Expert

I have this on one of my rigs, granted I’m only using 8 slots because that is all the frame will accomdoate.

I had massive problems with this until I reflashed the bios back to the very first version. Everything then suddenly worked.

Hi guys , i have this card but have a lot of problem with .
i have a rig with 5 NVIDIA RTX GPU’s (4x rtx3070 + 1xrtx3080) .
when it run under 5 rtx gpu’s the rig is so stable but when i try to add 1 new amd card (rx6800) the rig don’t stop to crash and restared
can someone help to fix this

hi bro , can you send the link and the way to flash the card ?

make sure you enable 4G and mining mode.

I think it was v311 from that I downloaded to a USB, booted into BIOS then reflashed. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/B250-MINING-EXPERT/HelpDesk_BIOS/ I would consider myself an experienced novice but even I managed it. Basically I rolled back the BIOS as far as I could… I’m not interested in fancy support for latest intel processors etc

I have experienced the same results although I have been able to run 14 NVIDIA GTX 1070 GPUs both on Windows & HiveOS. Not sure how some people get 15 - 16 GPUs considering the amount of Intel CPU PCIe lanes. I have been experiencing intermittent disconnects with 1 GPU on Windows & HiveOS.

The difference between Windows & HiveOS is that Windows would continue mining. HiveOS will lose the remaining connections to each GPU, which could only be fixed by either scenarios:

• Switching to different mining software then revert back
  • A reboot

I would normally see this error message while mining ETH with Pheonix Miner before any issues with the GPUs:

CUDA error in CudaProgram.cu:388 : out of memory

Although I’m using cards that have 8GB of memory. I’m not exactly sure what is causing this.
The watchdog isn’t helping. It’s been restarting the mining software nonstop but not the rig.
Attached screenshots to show what I’m explaining.

can you show me how you do for put card in the pcie x16 with the risers around it ?
thnaks

I have switched to this configuration and have been testing it for approximately 3 weeks now due to random GPU disconnects. I’ve figured out one card of mine does not do well at a certain power limit. This PCIe slot configuration helped me realize this.

You can insert a PCIe x1 into the beginning of the PCIe x16 slot. It’s compatible, just uses less lanes is all.

I may be repeating this but I have 3 of those boards and it will only work with 13 AMD’s The only way it works with 19 cards is the Nvidia Quadro p100. Which seems not that beneficial with its hashrate.