More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 64 - 54MH/s with less than 130w

@DesertSweeper

Latest version of HiveOS. Yes, in the first slot.

Should I be using a specific miner for best results?

Yes, you need teamred with --eth_config=B

@petars yes as @eqmontoya says: TR and set -eth_config=B

@DesertSweeper @eqmontoya

With TeamRed and --eth_config=B, I get up to 37.64MH/s. That’s definitely an improvement, but far from 54MH/s :wink:

Update… Seems like setting the Memory Clock over 965 makes it all go to hell (at least with my Powercolor card), but this seems like major improvement!

Flashed with Vega56 VBIOS.

amdmemtweak --gpu 0 --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

TeamRedMiner with --eth_config=B (in “Extra config arguments”

I’ll keep tweaking and post an update if I manage even better results.

Thank you!!

Awesome! Try to drop your Clock Speed and slowly increase your VRAM speed. I have discovered it is a trade-off with VRAM speed being the major factor. SO for example on a Radeon WX5100 it is stock 1250Mhz Clock with 1500Mhz VRAM. I drop the clock right down to 900Mhz and instantly my power-draw is hugely lowered with zero penalty on Hashrate - because ETH Hashing is mostly tied to to VRAM not GPU-clock. And then the card runs way cooler and so the VRAM automatically chooses a higher P-State. Just by reducing the Core-clock from 1250 to 900 my Hashrate goes from around 15MH/s to 21 MH/s and then when I boost the VRAM clock up to 1850 I get almost 25 MH/s. SO we want as much VRAM speed as possible. I would try to reduce the Core-clock down to say 950 and see how that affects the Hashrate. If no effect you just saved a bunch of power and heat, which may buy you more VRAM speed. Then of course there is the “lottery” and I am not convinced your brand is choosing the best-quality components like say a refrence-card or a top-tier card would, who need to protect their name. PowerColor make cheap stuff…that said I just bought one of their mining-mainboards and it is an absolute pleasure to use. But you can see it is not well-built. I think anything over 50 MH/s is a good deal!

Lower your core voltage.
1000 should be fine with 840mV instead of 900, which should bring you some watts.

hive update we can tweak easier I’m loving this

vega64 –CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239
***i was use tweak from hive suggest can get 52+ but not stable like this one

core1000
vdd810-830
mem965-980
hash 51.6

3 Likes

@eqmontoya @DesertSweeper

Lots of this… GPU 0: detected DEAD (03:00.0), will execute restart script watchdog.sh

53.93 MH/s @ 875mV, Mem 1025MHz

lower memclock try at 950MHz if stable mean your memclock too high then try increase clock a bit until it unstable(invalid or dead) go down to last stable clock.

Mem is most probably too much.
All my cards are stable with this:
Core: 1075@840mV
Mem: 975

Might be space to go further, but this is stable as concrete, hash rates are between 52-53, power consumptions are between 113-121W

This only applies for flashed Vega 64 cards and reference 56s.
Pulse 56 with Samsung is only stable at 960.

Going on 3.5 hours…

amdmemtweak --gpu 0 --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

TeamRedMiner with --eth_config=B in “Extra config arguments”

Seems stable and pretty performant.

1 Like

These straps would bring you one more MH I think

1 Like

Ya i like this ^ strap for the Samsung as well. been working great for me lately.

2 Likes

I have a gigabyte rx vega 64 after flash it on hive os with vega 56 bios. i can set it to 44 mh/s with these oc i found on yb and then when i add amdmemtweak in command it start reeboot. then i try another oc and amdtweak on forum and yb .it still keep crashing. what do i do wrong in my setting i fash it with newest 56 bios on poertech thnaks. what should i do next

Is this working well? I have been hesitant to upgrade as I am still on the 195 version

ya this work for me i have 3x vega64 core1000 vdd 815 mem 965 get 52MHz
run around 3days get 1 invalid / when i increase mem to 985 get invalid everyday your card maybe can do that
if you get invalid too much try lower mem to 945

How did you guys flashed the Vega 64 to Vega 56, I have tried so many bios and HiveOS always come back with >ROM flashing failed SSID Mismatch. Do I have to force it?

Yes, you can only flash “non-forced” if it has the same SSID, so same manufacturer and type.
So always toggle on forced flash and reboot after flash.

1 Like

Yes, I was also long time on 195 and upgraded a few days ago; transferred all my straps to the tweaker and still running strong!
PS: do not forget to delete or ‘uncomment’ the lines in the xinit.user.sh if you add them to the tweaker.