More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 64 - 54MH/s with less than 130w

Actually I was getting 57+ but it started throwing the odd “Invalid Shares” so I slowly down-tuned it to where it is now with no invalids after 30 hours:
1040/900 core and 1080 VRAM
amdmemtweak --gpu 0 --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

do you use the vega 64 bios? How much power pulling each card in Software and from the wall?

I’m using all of my vega cards with the vega 56 bios. 1025 mem is the maximum stable clock.

please check the following strap from 0Lucifer0 (thank you). With this i can reach 55.8mh @ 1025 MHz memory.
–CL 20 --RAS 20 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 37 --RP 11 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 6 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 14 --REF 65535 --RFC 248

Hello @Rocco1180 if you read above in this thread you will see my comments - Bios is flashed 56. I do not want to remove the card now to check at-the-wall as the rig is very stable and pushing max-hash. It is all I have - with the price of ETH right now it is best to let it do its thing.! But I can say that the total-at-the-wall for the rig (with RM850PSU) and the HP1.1KWPSU (some cards on each) is: 535W+463W. As you can see it shows 138W in software.

1 Like

Thank you, i think you have a very good vega. i have a lot vega cards an non of them reach 56.7 MH :wink:

@Rocco1180 maybe because it is water-cooled. Not sure I only have the one and I got it very cheaply on ebay so that part is lucky yes!

Dang! @DesertSweeper, a local here says he runs Vegas at 1100 mem but I’ve never been able that’s cool. Also love that rig, 6 different cards, I can relate to that.

@ss-silver I bought all those cards on ebay about a year back dirt-cheap (e.g. Vega64 LC was only $415 and 5700Xt was only $400 - RIP those days) for a video-editing project and then they just sat on a shelf for 8 months doing nothing…until I discovered the weird and wonderful world of mining. Built my own rig with stuff lying around the house and some alu-angle. It has been a load of fun and some frustration, but it is making a decent little income now. I will add one more radeon-pro card this weekend as the NVMe risers have arrived, that should net me a solid 320MH/s:

2 Likes

hey all, nining noob here sorry,
i dont have hivesos, just usual windows 64, will those tweak settings work on windows too, ive tried a few of them and get lock up everytime, i have flashed my nitro with the 56 variant, before was getting around 51mh/s, but you know always have to aim higher. if it wont work no biggy as flip bios switch

thx in advance

@born2die68 I was running Windows too. You do realise this is a HiveOS forum right? And you do know it is free for 1 Rig right? As a windoze user I took the plunge and downloaded HiveOS. There is a huge support-base and great YouTive videos. It is actually not as difficult as it may seem. My advice - install it and you will not look back. It is WAY more stable once running…almost set-and-forget. If you insist on using Windows there are many forums and guides for Vega64 that will work for you. Personally I never achieved these numbers in the windows space.

thx wil try it when new pc arrives, as only the one atm, but great advice and yes i knew was hive o/s, just wondered why was crashing, and know i know lol. thx

What miner are you using? I also have a mixed rig with vega 56, rx5700xt, rx6800 and a rtx3060 and it’s giving me a LOT of problems. It constantly reboots despite the OC it’s really low.

If you are a casual miner using your main pc - you can install HiveOS on an 8GB memory stick and boot from that, leaving your main Windows OS untouched - when you want to mine.

@juanenk You can find the answers above in this thread where I explain how I reached my numbers by following the advice from forums members in this thread. I started at the start of this thread and read all the way through it and arrived at a fast, stable and low-power rig by trying this and that as discussed herein

im looking at that now, cheers, trying to find how this all works, as using nicehash since starting, so not sure how all this works yet,lol

Hi @Rhox please, can you share straps for vega gigabyte and bios [email protected] I have vega gigabyte and I’m going crazy, cant exceed the 45MH

I’m rather confused.

What am I missing here? Every overclock setting I tried from here, just made it worse or crashed.

Any advice is appreciated… before I give up and dump this card.

Flashed with Vega 64 BIOS (no OC):

Radeon RX Vega 64 8176 MB · AMD/ATI - Samsung HBM2

| GPU Temp Fan Speed Shares Core Mem |
| GPU0 59 C 80 % 31.31 MH/s 0/0/0 1196 945 |

Flashed with Vega 56 BIOS (no OC):

Radeon RX Vega 56 8176 MB · AMD/ATI - Samsung HBM2

| GPU Temp Fan Speed Shares Core Mem |
| GPU0 54 C 80 % 32.42 MH/s 2/0/0 1283 800 |

@petars I am new at this but went through things methodically and reached my current 55MH/s solid. And yes I too sat at 32MH/s puzzled. I can try to help you but I need more info than what you have given. You are using HiveOS right? Version? How is it connected to the Mainboard? Are you first applying the strap-timings and THEN doing the undervolting?

@DesertSweeper

Thanks for the reply.

HiveOS v0.6-203@210409

Currently, the card is in a PCIE x16 slot, on a z170 motherboard.

I was setting the overclocking settings first, then applying the straps, should I do it the other way around?

Honestly, it seems to me like this card natively runs a lot faster than the overclock settings, which has me even more confused.

@petars can you be more specific about “a PCIE” slot? This is the single biggest factor I encountered in solving the problem you face. If it is all-alone on the board it absolutely MUST be in the first slot. If it is not alone, and there are other cards - you need to put it on a riser in the NEXT AVAILABLE SLOT. Also what version of HiveOS are you using - I found that makes a HUGE difference.

Did you guys experience issues with this using the latest version?

I had some Vegas flashed to 56, they were doing around 54-55.

Now I built a new node, downloaded latest stable and this trick doesn’t work at all.

I had to switch back to Vega 64 bios cause I can’t go over 900 with memory when I use the 56 bios.
Yes, the same cards in a different mobo with an older hiveos version did 1000+.

Anyone experienced such issues?