More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

The new RX6600 (tested)

My latest setup. Works 2-3 days without issues and reboots only because I still have to use WiFi (waiting for parts).

Anyone here doing dual mining on these cards? I haven’t had the balls yet to mess with my settings to get TON dialed in. Think the wattage would go up a lot.

This is how you can get better results :wink:

Wow! I’m not alone. That’s good and bad news LOL. I was blaming the Wi-Fi but now we have LAN cable up and running so it’s not related.
So far: I did wipe out all the overclock and removed the flight sheet and re-do it again. I removed AutoFan and turned off Watchdog - the same issues randomly go “frozen”. Put them back since it’s not resolving my prob.
Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 10.15.25 AM

If you just plug in the screen it shows nothing. Just the last part where it got stuck. When you push the power button it does nothing (when it should shutdown). The only solution is to “hard-reboot” every day.

Need some help here! The worst part is it keeps draining electricity for nothing when it’s “frozen” and I’m not sure what to do next. It has two 850w EVGA PSU and chip to sync them but I don’t think this is the issue. IDK where to get any clues/logs of something to find out what’s the issue.

https://www.hashrate.no/6600

Hello I have a MSI Mech 6600 with Micron memory that is very frustrating to deal with. I’ve thrown all oc settings that I’ve seen in this post and nothing has worked :frowning: Always get the GPU detected DEAD notification. Anyone have any tips or oc settings they can recommend?

I got one Card that will not run more than 6h under 700 VDD/Core Voltage.
With 700 VDD i made it to 3 days before errors occoure…

With micron memory? I’ll try it out soon as I’m home. :crossed_fingers:

Mine is hynix :neutral_face:
I messed them up - sorry :neutral_face:

Darn :frowning:

Well cant find more accurate OC for PowerColor 6600 rig now dualmining at decents speeds … still quite a little hot … will need extra airflow xD …

GPU 3 Still got serious TEMP issues must open it up to see …

1 Like

1 Like

I have the same expansion card, working very well but it seems the mainboard (Asrock h510 Pro BTC+) has sort of limitation at 12 GPUs, can’t even boot system with 12 connected (5 in the pci-e mainboard slots + 7 risers). Working very well with 11 GPUs, how many GPUs did you manage to use in a single system?

@Dojo76, Super stable (14 days uptime) at 13x GPUs (mix of 6600 and 6600XT) on a MSI B450-A Pro, problems with random 2-day crashes with 14x GPUs. I do have a ‘4x + 4x’ bifurcation card to replace the 6-port card in the 16x PCIe slot which might/should fix it but don’t have time to play with it at the moment. Its not always the same GPU that crashes which makes it very annoying to troubleshoot. Thankfully auto-reboot works 90% of the time so not too much downtime. Really need to resolve it soon :rofl:

What I would say from my experience so far using a 6-port PCIe Splitter/Packet Switch (AsMedia ASM1187e) in a 16x PCIe slot is all the GPU crashes are coming from GPUs connected to that card. I have increased voltages, etc but still the odd random crash for no perceivable reason. It could just be a slightly sensitive card, silicon lottery, blah, blah. Anyway, think I will swap it out for the bifurcation card with 2x 4-port PCIe Splitters/Packet Switches and see if it is stable. Not saying they are bad, just saying it seems difficult to get all six GPUs happy. It might just be my setup. No issues with the 4-port cards so far although the GPUs may need a bit more juice if they start crashing when connected to a splitter.

Update: Changed PCIe slot config from “Auto” to “Gen2”. Auto was working ok, the splitters seemed to auto-negotiate with the PCIe bus ok until the 14th GPU was added and then the random crashes after 24 hours started. Lets see if Gen2 helps…

I suppose it’s your setup while in my case it’s the mainboard to blame because I’m super stable with 6 cards connected to the same 6 ports bifurcation cards (11 GPUs total), same chipset as yours, my problem is that if I connect 12 GPUs it boots directly into UEFI BIOS like there’s no boot device connected (but there is, I tried M.2 card and USB drive as well).

I want to try your ideal configuration (4+4) because Intel mainbaord chipset (H510), according to Intel, supports up to 16 PCI-E lines and my CPU supports 16 as well (Pentium Gold). So why the hell I’m stuck to 11? No idea.

I also have an integrated USB riser port, I think I can bifurcate it as well, not sure if that would work:

what do you think? Basically I want to go from mainboard USB to 4 PCI-E card (no PCI-E adapter)

@Dojo76. Motherboard USB ports (or any other USB port) use USB signalling/protocol. PCIe risers (over USB connectors and cables) use PCIe signalling/protocol. The two are not compatible. So unfortunately plugging a PCIe riser or Splitter into a motherboard USB port won’t work.

It does sound like you may be out of PCIe lanes with 12x GPUs (it won’t boot properly). You can try using a USB3 Network Adapter (the Amazon Basics one works with HiveOS straight out of the box) in the USB3 port that comes directly from the CPU (this will be in your motherboard manual), you can then disable the on-board LAN port and see if it frees up a PCIe lane (it should). You can also do the same thing with a USB3-to-SATA adapter and run your SATA SSD/HD again off a CPU USB3 port. This may save you another PCIe lane because the onboard SATA controller won’t be used. I do not guarantee either of these will work but if you have both items lying around it might be worth a try.

Bifurcation cards split up a PCIe slot into seperate groups of PCIe lanes (or logical PCIe slots). So a 16x PCIe slot can be split into two 8x slots or four 4x slots (depending on your motherboard BIOS support for bifurcation). Likewise a 8x PCIe slot can be split into two logical 4x slots, etc.

Splitters / Packet Switches operate differently and I guess are just multiplexers at the end of the day.

BTW, a M.2 slot SSD will likely consume four PCIe lanes so stick to SATA SSDs (HiveOS does not need super fast disk access). Your motherboard manual should state how many lanes are used by the M.2 slot. You can use the M.2 slot with a M.2-to-PCIe 4x adapter and then stick a 4-port Splitter in it. Hope this helps…

I don’t want to bifurcate a normal USB port but a USB mining port, ASRock mainboard has one mining port integrated. Tomorrow I’ll try the board to extrend from 1 to 4 and I’ll let you now if it works.

I tried the AsMedia splitter in 1x and 16x port, no difference, even GEN1, GEN2, GEN3 are not a factor, I’m always stuck at 11. Tried to disable ethernet card and SATA controller as you suggested, still no joy but the idea was very good, makes sense. So basically it seems it’s not a problem of not available PCI-E lines but a boot issue with more than 11 GPUs, very difficult to solve.

Are you sure you’re not stable because of an under performing power supply? It’s not easy to balance all risers power.

man, dont leave cards on auto, boost fast at least 50%

I just started dual mining. I wonder if my OC is pushing my gpu to much.
What do you think guys?
team red miner 0.9.2.1