More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

The new RX6600 (tested)

So far having good results with my XFX and PowerColor cards with these settings. Anyone able to get the XFX to run any lower power?

Hi @Hilbe and welcome!, you can drop core to 901 and get lower power consumption (37-39w) but hashrate will drop to ~28.95

What are your SoC settings?

[I have three of these XFX]

Haven’t touched SoC. Recommendations on what to mess with?

Running at 900 now fine:

No, not 900 use 901 (it does make a difference)

Sorry, what miner are you running on what coin? (ETH I assume?)

Updated to 901.

ETH with Gminer. Keep switching back and forth from TRM and Gminer lately. Get more shares and higher MH/s with Gminer from what I’ve seen.

I can’t comment on Gminer but the hashrates look good (I use TRM).

Try Soc Freq = 534 and VDDMax 850 to start with

• if you go 13 days back up this thread there is some info on SoC settings and where to start.

[do a reboot if things look good just to get a clean slate]

I got these XFX 6600;

There is an issue with GPU7 hashrate but I am reluctant to screw with it because of this :rofl:

Hello! who can answer me , gpu 5 its a renegade girl! i cant raise memory hight than 900 and that oc gets that mhs i cant understand.

try

Same OC less power :slight_smile:

6600 w/ Samsung memory, mem max still 950 but lower hash compared to all my Hynix cards, best I can get is ~27.21Mh.

Same card w/ Hynix is always ~29Mh. This is on TRM.

Hello @Lukezen!! , detected dead with this OC. :frowning:

Dang it

Your MEMs too hot IMO

Do you have 120mm fans pushing air over the cards?

My rigs

Last week i updated my rig cabinet (Ikea) and added two 200mm fans. Temps are realy great…

…but: I only have 4 from 8 GPUs installed – so we will see what it is then… but for now the 200mm fans are running on 5V only and the gpus on ~35% with these temps…

ooooh…nicely done :+1:

Thx :stuck_out_tongue:

Made a huge difference to stability

I changed to Gminer with the settings you talked about, now im with low power and 29.22MH

I tested the toncoin with a RX6600 doing 1.719GH
Core: 2365
VDD: 970
VDDCI: 600
MVDD: 1200
MEM: blank
SoC Freq: 750
SoC VDDMax: 760

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’m in California with almost .30c per kw. I can’t afford to go above 100w per card. Here’s what I’m using to keep it down a bit.

UPDATED:
I’ve tested new settings. About 6h mining and no issues. Try it out!

Update 2:
After a few more hours I got 4 invalid shares on one card. Turned down the clock on that card to 2220. We’ll see how it goes overnight.

the 6600 non XT is really hard to play with, i have one rig 6600 on TON and it crashes all the time if touch the VDD value. As long as i leave it at 0 then it can run, any numbers will crash the rig after 1-2 mins :roll_eyes:

Looks nice, the invalid hashes is a problem, has appeared to me too, not anymore.

I started with low core clock, around 2200 and a little higher VDD like 950. after start i reduced the power 10 or 20 per test until the system goes down. This way you know the VDD for the lower clock, after u can up the core clock step by step and when the system goes down u need to up de VDD a little, doing this you can reach the maximum clock with the lower power your GPU uses.

In the powercolor OC is higher, but i cant use the same on the ASRock