More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

what thermal pad’s did you exactly used ? mm and w/k ?

Gelid Solutions GP Ultimate 3mm 15W/mK

1 Like

Hello, someone could explain me How to install The upp on my hiveos pendrive?
Thanks

Installing upp is also explained in the guide just a few posts up.

wow such an expensive cooling pad just saves up to 4degree on the memory? ^^ sad but better than nothing right ?

Indeed, maybe overkill, but I couldn’t watch that card running at 80°C whilst the other were much lower. I just hope this slightly lower temperature helps in the longevity of the card.

1 Like

did it take alot of effort to fix back the backplate?

No, not at all, the pads are not sturdy so deform easily to the shape of the components

thanks! i shall go order n try

Have (2) 6800’s with same…situation. Thermal Grizzly pad.

2 Likes

how much could you lower it ?

this is the best tip yet for the RX6800 ref card.
before it was:

after bios update to rx6800xt(high wattages):

after flasing back to stock bios:

this is a game changer, thank you so much.
i have a ref 6800xt as well i used that bios for the XT upgrade, changed bios in overclock tab in hiveos

1 Like

same issue since the last update of hive oO

i changed to Gminer from TRM, higher avg on 2miner pool compared to TRM over 48hrs. occasionally i see 1 or 2 cards will drop to 58-59, then back to 62+ after awhile. TRM would drop to 40+, then crash on me.

did not change any other settings moving from TRM to Gminer.

anyone tried teamblackminer? super high MH

I’ve tried TBM on my test rig with 2 NVidia’s, but it gave lower hashrate so went back to T-Rex on that one.
Bit reluctant to try it on my 6800’s which run very stable now.
Did you try it on your 6800’s? What do you mean exactly with “super high MH”? How many MH more than GMiner or TRM?

with F script, 1295core, 750core voltage, 1270mem v, 1060mem hz, i getting 68mh/s, those bad silicon cards, are also hovering around 68 :rofl: :rofl:

went back to Gminer, cos TBM has alot of invalid or reject shares, and memory temps higher

how to set MDPM?

Tested TBM on my gaming computer (still reluctant to do it on my rig). Hashrate went from 62.5 to 66.5MH/s stable for almost 24h now:

Temperature is slightly higher (+2°C), no rejected shares, but a lot of stale shares (4.5%!).

But that’s also their intention and developed with this in mind. This miner is better for pools that pay for stale shares, but for pools that don’t, GMiner might be better, even if it has lower hashrate.

only issue with Gminer is, after 3days, my ram is left with less than 1gb of 8gb, need to do a miner restart…