More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

Nice ! Yeah i read that too, until june at least.

Can you share your overclock settings pls ? :slight_smile:

hmm okay, so hiveos is reporting 62mh/s now all the time, but it’s not correct, as the pool tells me:
average: 51.69 MH

would you recommend changing the f state to 1551 with the script ? to maintain “real” 62mh/s ?

hangi miner yazılımını kullanıyorsun ?

HiveOS is reporting a number based on it’s local actions and your particular miner software.

• Note: Some miners are known to over report their MH/s.

Current is calculated and measured at the pool side and will go up and down based on shares.

• This can even go above your miner reported MH/s with a string of “lucky shares”

Average is the pool side calculations measured over a time period.

Keep your GPU stable, network clean, and verify your mining software is reporting accurately.

• I would not make any changes outside of miner verification if that was my card.
1 Like

Have you done a fully automated script ,to get advantage from it easily or not yet , sorry I’m so fresh to linux …

I used this tutorial + these settings
RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking - #468 by dorime

that’s awesome! did u set SoC frequency and SoC VDDmax ?

when i run the command after followed all steps i got:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/sys/class/drm/card1/device/pp_table’

and it doesnt matter if i change to card0, card1, 2, 3…

i am with same issue:

=== GPU 0, 0c:00.0 Radeon RX 6800 16368 MB ===
Bios: 113-2437SM2-U16, UUID: U82CS00160206
Core: 1350 MHz 781mV, Mem: 1069 MHz
PerfCtrl: manual, Load: 99%, MemLoad: 100%, Power: 123.0 W, Cap: 130 W
Core: 49°C, HotSpot: 53°C, Mem: 72°C, Fan: 64%, RPM: 2470
Core state: 1, clocks: 500 1350*
Mem state: 3, clocks: 96 456 673 1069*
SOC state: 1, clocks: 800 1066* 1200
DCEF state: 1, clocks: 417 738* 1200
F state: 1, clocks: 500 999* 1551
PCIE Link speed: n/a, PCIE Link width: n/a
Memory total: 16368.00 MB, used: 4682.11 MB, free: 11685.89 MB, type: Samsung GDDR6
VDDNB: 1143mV
root@02Hive:~# upp -p /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_table set smc_pptable/FreqTableFclk/0=1550 --write
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/upp”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/upp.py”, line 373, in main
cli(obj={})()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1062, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1668, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1404, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 763, in invoke
return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/decorators.py”, line 26, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/upp.py”, line 334, in set
res = decode.get_value(pp_file, var_path)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/decode.py”, line 696, in get_value
pp_bytes = _read_binary_file(pp_bin_file)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/decode.py”, line 42, in _read_binary_file
f = open(filename, ‘rb’)

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_table’

root@02Hive:~#

on my hiveOS, shows GPU 0-9, but when im using the upp script, it starts from 1-10

For the installation I included the parameter --assume-yes, to install without asking me something:

sudo apt-get --assume-yes install libgtk-3-dev build-essential python3 python3-pip
pip3 install upp

1 Like

not a linux expert here, but I assume all cmdlet can be executed from hive shell right ?

root@02Hive:~# sudo apt-get --assume-yes install libgtk-3-dev build-essential python3 python3-pip
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package python3-pipsudo
E: Unable to locate package apt-get
E: Unable to locate package install

Hi Shinako, sorry, I am a noob. Where I should paste your script? Is in some field of HiveOS settings?

I have 2 problems with my new RX 6800 card. First my GPU reaches 55 mhz maximum and I have read that I need to modify the energy script of the card, so I supposed that is what you are talk about here, right?

Second, the card works properly in HiveOS, but I suspect that the hashrate isn’t counted in my pool (Ethermine). The total hashhate there is a little less than that showed in the HiveOS and it matches with the hashhate produced by my RX 6800.

Do you have any idea about it?

this guide should have everything you need: Guide to eliminating AMD 6800 variability in Hive - Google Documenten

8 Likes

Tks a lot Shinako, I will check this document.

Nice one! This will help lots of people that are too lazy to read all posts of this tread and figure things out themselves :sweat_smile:
PS: I’m pretty sure some of them will paste the pastebin link in nano instead of following the link and pasting the code in nano :joy:
PPS: there is an empty page in your manual guide

1 Like

Added 3mm thermal pads to my 6800 with hot memory; temperatures went down by around 4°C.

1 Like

with this guide I could realize what I was doing wrong, so many thanks for this

There are two types of people in the world: those that help others and people like you.

nvm. use Gminer and set SOC mhz to less than 870 solved it. TRM just had too many issues

Euhm… what? Is that why my thanks meter is already >100 and yours is still at … wait … 0 ? Funny guy you :joy:

People that don’t do research are the reason why helpfully people stop answering the same old question over and over again…