More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

i did it but it gives only 45 mhs. rx 6800 sapphire

i notice if i use amd-info to check my SocMhz, anything above 800 and my hashrates drop drastically, i also use --eth_config=A928 in my teamredminer config, dont noe if it will help u

Some run in conditioned rooms or colder climates.
I have 2x 6800 and 2x 6800xt; all cores between 45 and 50°C. One 6800 and one 6800xt have mem around 60°C, one 6800xt mem at 70°C and one 6800 mem at 80°C.
All running in the same rig, so I guess luck also has to do something with it.
Maybe some day I’ll add some thermal pads to the worse one to link the memory to the backplate for better heat dissipation.
Nevertheless, 80°C isn’t that bad, I think they can take much higher also.

ah, tried AC, but the room wont cool down :rofl:

No, the amount of power you put in an AC and the benefits you gain from it are IMO not worth it.
You better invest in a good industrial fan to extract the heat out of the room.

shoul i put this command hiveos web interface “run command” ? or should i put these command in hiveshell?

Finally found time to do the script. This rig was doing 441 MHs in Windows using PhoenixMiner. Couldn’t get PhoenixMiner to work in Hive and NBMiner and TRM were not giving me the results which I liked. I am using GMiner now.

The problematic card below is a Gigabyte Gaming OC:

Other cards are Powercolor Fighter, Red Dragon, and a couple more Gigabyte Gaming OC’s. Will try to do some more OC tweaks in the next 24 hours.

hey, what miner are you using ?

hey guys,
someone has overclock settings for windows ? somehow i don’t get above 57mh/s on win10 with amd stock ref 6800. sometimes it goes up to 62 but most of the time it’s at 57.

i have 1 gigabyte oc that doesn like core voltage below 700, and another card that does not like mem voltage above 1270. have to tinker until u find the best for each card…

After a few hours of playing around with OC settings, this has been the most stable. Will clap back here if this can’t go over 24 hours.

This is using GMiner. It isn’t as efficient as TeamRedMiner (gets less MHs but also uses a lot less watts) but it does allow me to push the limit on hashrates per card. It’s just a shame that GPU4 isn’t a silicon lottery winner.

EDIT: for those of you who are seeing this for the first time, this setup is only possible if you are able to set the F-state to 1551 using the script below (you will also need HiveOS 0.6-205 or later):

Checking back here to show results after over a day of mining (26 hours as of this writing):

• 438.8 MH/s vs 441 MH/s on Windows
  • 798 watts vs 788 watts on Windows
  • 99.44% accept rate vs getting 98.15% on Windows
  • Efficiency is 0.552 vs 0.560 on Windows
  • Miner used is Gminer (used PhoenixMiner in Windows - lower dev fee)
  • Temps are generally the same, although fan speeds are lower on HiveOS by about 10%
  • Rig Profitability: HiveOS is 3.01% higher (used data from the pool over 24 hours)
  • Stability: remains to be seen; my Windows rig could go 3-5 days without rebooting but the miner would restart a few times automatically; GMiner on this rig hasn’t restarted yet even with watchdog settings and we know HiveOS could run almost forever

Conclusion: I was initially unwilling to move to HiveOS just because of the high power use and lack of Fast Timings (lower MHs). However, the F-state script + newer HiveOS version + GMiner has allowed me to narrow the MHs and power gap to the extent that the higher accept rate and better stability of HiveOS more than offsets gains in Windows.

P.S. As of October 2021, there seems to be no other GPU + miner combination that is more efficient and more profitable than RX 6800 + HiveOS (with F-script, of course). Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

can you share tutorial install F script? I have read the instructions above but can’t do it

i think in the latest hiveOS version you don’t need to install f script manually anymore…?

i’m getting stable 62 mh’s with the latest hiveos, amd stock model of 6800.

Check amd-info and see where it is running.

fwiw: I am seeing variation across of my 6800 samples which still prompt me to run the script on a group of my GPUs.

hm i dont know, f state:1? so it’s activated?

The script sets that F state at 1551 vs. the 1518 shown in your output.

If it were my GPU, I’d likely leave it as is and spin the fans up. 78C memory on 6800’s makes me uneasy.

I dont understand with the f state :kissing_smiling_eyes:

What do you recommend for the mem temperature?

Different options, not necessarily all needed, also not in any particular order.
Undervolt
Downclock
Turn fans up
Thermal pads between memory and backplate
Extract more heat from the room

1 Like

Yeah i know all that, i rather meant, what exact mem temperature in numbers •celsius would you recommend for the 6800?

I shoot for <70C even if I have to back off MH/s.

fwiw: I am more focused on mining longevity since they pushed back the “Merge” again yesterday.