More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

THANK YOU that helped me realize that my mixed rig, AMD cards are not always listed in the order they appear. I was able to apply and now they are rock solid.

thank you for everyone on this thread! truly impressive work!

Temps seem high, considering your fans are already at 100%. Is the ambient temperature in your area very hot too, at the moment?

hey guys Im not quiet sure what Im doing wrong. I bought a original rx6800 of AMD and flashed the xt bios on it so it will unlock more hashrate. So far so good and I get more performance out of it but my power draw is significant higher than before.
Do I need to reflash the non xt bios above it ?

To start, you could try backing down toward the more typical:

• VDD 650
  • VDDCI 750
  • MVDD 1250

Avoided the XT flash process myself, no personal experience for you.

the point is unless i flashed the xt bios I was not getting any hashrates above 50 MH/s regardless my overclocks

I hear you loud and clear, have a Sapphire which has been a pain. I went down the F-State route attempting to hard set it a 1551.

its kinda pain for me. I mean to be honest luckily I do not pay for my electrical, but I would love to lower my power draw of this card. I mean I always see other manufacture cards were it seems like there is not such an issue so Im wondering if this appears only on the reference cards

AMD 6800 Reference cards with stock BIOS and F-State Script

Edit: Fwiw these 2 cards were 57.5MHs prior to script.

what the hack is F-State Script ?

Start here and Good Luck!

<Speculating you’ll want to get back to Stock 6800 BIOS on that GPU, but I am not sure>

The “post” a few above our current chat related to “pp tables” refer to these settings as well, but I believe you’ll be best served reading key posts from the beginning. There were attempts at XT to Non XT BIOS flashing at the same time period.

ok Ill need plenty of time to do that. But thanks Ill read throu this tomorrow

1 Like

I don’t know what I did but SOC State and DCEF State = 1.
My mining card goes to 41: '(

This one with with similar in your green circles is running 61.5Mhs on TRM.
Have not run the F-State scripting on this one yet:

Edit: I assume you have stopped and restarted your miner, likely rebooted as well?

how do you change DPM (core state) ? i dont have it on my rig option

what version of hiveos do you have? couse i cant change the DPM (core state)

i have 1x gigabyte 6800 that cannot set core voltage, if i put any number in core voltage, trm will show gpu dead, any fixes for this ?

thanks in advance!

Mehmet merhaba rx 6800 XFX kart kullanıyorum ulaştığın değerlere biz ulaşamadık bir yerde hatamı yapıyoruz yardımcı olabilirmisin ?

I couldn’t get above 57msh. What am I doing wrong :frowning: please help me

this worked great thanks! at 62.67 with ref card

just put a oc that someone else has and then edit it in the presets