More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

Thank you for the information i will try my best to do the script,
my card brand: RX 6800 biostar with stock bios.

I’ve changed the fan settings but after 2hrs in overclocking driver timout issue pop up and one card has been hanged.
I’ve looked trough “dr Google” and it looks like quite common issue with Radeon drivers (including WattMann).
Any experience on those?
Regards
J

Good morning ya’ll

Hoping you can help with an issue I’m running into. I have applied the 6800XT vbios to my 6800 cards, and followed the directions as closely as I can, and I continue to run into the issue below. I’m sure it is something simple, as with most of my linux adventures. I’m on Hive 0.6-209@210906 with latest AMD drivers, using lolminer, if any of that matters.

Here is the error i’m running into. the pp_table directory doesn’t seem to exist for any of my cards.

I have the same problem. I try with all graphics cards.

upp -p /sys/class/drm/card6/device/pp_table set smc_pptable/FreqTableSocclk/0=1200 --write
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/bin/upp”, line 11, in
sys.exit(main())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/upp.py”, line 373, in main
cli(obj={})()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1137, in call
return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1062, in main
rv = self.invoke(ctx)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1668, in invoke
return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 1404, in invoke
return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/core.py”, line 763, in invoke
return __callback(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/click/decorators.py”, line 26, in new_func
return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/upp.py”, line 334, in set
res = decode.get_value(pp_file, var_path)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/decode.py”, line 696, in get_value
pp_bytes = _read_binary_file(pp_bin_file)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/upp/decode.py”, line 42, in _read_binary_file
f = open(filename, ‘rb’)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/sys/class/drm/card6/device/pp_table’

Hi @frxbg . I have successfully installed F state but gpu’s temperature is very hot (74-80C) when running! Can you show me the oc settings for Nbminer?

I have had a RX 6800 farm for a few days and it works fairly stable with such settings. He works on average after 12-14 hours and he will reboot and continue another 12-14 hours. Today I will add 3x RX 6800 and I will continue to test the OC settings to achieve a nice hashrate and to keep it stable all the time.

I have a new 6x6800 rig same brand, same batch, using TeamRedMiner.
There is a card got pretty low hashrate, anyone got the same issue, any idea how to fix this?

that looks great, what miner you are using for this rig

Start reading with this post(#330) on this thread:

Good luck and it worked for all but (1) of my “problem” 6800 GPUs.

I added a few cards yesterday, including one RX 6800 XT. I made the OC again a little softer and changed the mine to Gminer. I fired it up and left it to check for stability.

It was on NBminer. Now i change to Gminer

1 Like

Hi!
I’m newbie. Can you show for me your OC setting?

Hi. I see you have 13 working cards on the H110 Pro + BTC. For me, I do not want to raise even to the bios as I load 10 cards. At 9 it’s ok. You set something special in the bios or how did you deal with this problem (unless you didn’t have one at all)

Hello
just follow this step and you ready to go:

You have to connect both power inlets (Molex power sockets on motherboard). Otherwise there will be not enough power to run all 13 PCIE slots.

• First, Reset BIOS by removing BIOS battery (wait at least 30 seconds)
  • Connect just one GPU to the x16 slot (longest one). Power up (push button on motherboard) and enter BIOS. Modify the values in BIOS as written below:

OC Tweaker\Voltage Conf:
PCH VoH: 1200 mV
VCCIO: 1200 mV

Advanced\Chipset Conf:
Above 4GB mmio: Enabled
VT-d: Disabled
All PCIE link speeds: Gen2
All ASPM Supports: Disabled
IOAPIC 24-119: Enabled
IGPU: Enabled
HD Audio: Disbaled
Reset Power Loss: power ON

-Save and exit BIOS

-Run your rig with only one GPU

• If everything seems OK (1 GPU is mining) now you can pass to stage for remaining 12 GPUs

-Restart it and enter BIOS. In Boot section disable CSM.
-Save and exit. When rebooted, cut the power before boot! (that’s important)

-Now connect all GPUs to the remaining x1 slots (short ones). Check that all GPU?�?risers sand power connections are provided and correct.

-Power on again and suddenly All 13 GPUs should be recognized and work without any problem.

thanks mate, tried a couple of things after reading the posts, Tried NB miner, I cloud to see all cards got the same core clock and memory clock, but the hash rate is still 10 MH lower than others.

Not really familiar with AMD cards, tried to change the core and memory clock. No luck yet.

Thanks. Finally 10 gpu works fine.

2 Likes

Hello

Do we have any news from this script? I’m not getting out of it.
Regards

1 Like

Hi, can I apply for 6800xt?

Has anyone else run into the issue that @Konageski and myself have run into? I’m stuck here unfortunately :frowning:

I solved the problem by doing this:
This command get all pp_tables path.

amd-save-pp_tables

For each line returned in the command above execute the command below:

upp -p /sys/class/drm/card13/device/pp_table set smc_pptable/FreqTableFclk/0=1550 --write

Apply any overclock by hiveos, and the f-state change will be saved.
You can check it using the

amd-info

Print with the commands used in the rig.

3 Likes