More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 5700 XT Overlocking and Undervolting

About the 5700xt, that’s quite strange. Its OC is very common, no reason to crash, maybe just unluck lottery.

No temp issue :face_with_monocle:
I share my settings:
(those with low memory clock have temp issue :angry: )

1 Like

Maybe the bios?

my 5700xt don’t like lower core clock as 1350, as soon i go below that, my hashrate drops significant but the wattage not that much. Any idea how to imporve further my card? advices apriciated!

this is my “stock” config.:

when i lower the clock i loos 15w from the wall but also ~4mh:

running B-mode and big-mode 64
TRM 9.1
driver 5.11.1001

Please send instroctions, Bios … everething on [email protected]

Thanks

i’m also running B mode, B640 more precisely, but what’s big-mode?

–eth_big_mode_adjust=X,Y,…
When using B- or C-modes, the miner runs better the more vram it can allocate. Unfortunately the drivers aren’t accurate reporting how much memory it’s possible to allocate, especially on Windows. The miner will use a safe conservative number of 256MiB (Linux) and 512MiB (Windows) as an offset from the available vram size. If you want change this number, you can do so using this argument by providing. a comma-separated list with values for one or more gpus. Values for gpus not running B/C-mode will be ignored. If a gpu doesn’t have a value in the list, the first provided value is used instead. The allowed interval is [-64, 2048]. The higher number, the less vram is allocated on the gpu.

I’m running with 64
Idk if it make any difference…
And my B-mode on auto; right now it’s on 616

Ok, nice to know, i found same explaination on trm github.
I don’t fully understand how this eth_big_mode_adjust influence the hashrate, or the power consumption or whatever it’s useful for, anyone can explain more about this?

Can anyone help me, I bought these 5700xts and he said they where bios modded
This is the best I have been able to get out of them
Power color Red Devils, I have the origonal bios from
The Silent side bios(dual bios) oc//silent
Bottom 3 are 5700xt memory order. Samsung,micron,samsung

edit i also have two cards not modded i could use help with

Let’s start with removing all your overclocks. Go to the OVERCLOCK TAB and click wipe out OC. You have DP active and this does nothing but trouble for AMD cards.
After that put core around 1300-1350 | try 740 core volts and go lowers step by step. Don’t think it will run stable below 700. VDDCI from 750 and go lower. I think 720 will be the lowest stable. Memory volts 1300-1330.
Samsung memory 890-910
Hynix up to 930
Micron 920-930
Target 90-105w (software) depending on the memory type/hashrate.
P.s. don’t forget to check out other good stuff like B-mode. It works great for 5700XT

Thanks, I have them tuned better now and will mess more tomorrow
not sure why dp mod was active maybe from using preset in hive

I’m also looking for a bios for
Red devil 5700 not xt (micron)
Asus dual 5700xt (micron)
And I have a power color sapphire 5700 xt(unsure memory at work)

Can anyone mod the bios files for me

What is DP and how you can tell is active?

If you try some of the “suggested overclocks” from HiveOS you most likely find one with DP value. From my understanding, it’s similar to “power limit” like you see on Nvidia cards. You can’t wipe out this value unless you wipe out all of your overclock settings.

1 Like

hello, * Hello, my English is not good, * I take the liberty of asking you,I hive some Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT, * I changed the memory timing and only got 54-55 knots,Could you please give me a copy of your Sapphire Nitro+BIOS? I’d really appreciate it
Thank you very much [email protected]

Thanks! I have had constant freezes for months and now I suspect that this DPM value can be the culprit…

It does nothing but trouble. Stay away from it on AMD cards and also HiveOS should do something about “suggested OC” because it does turn away new members when they start using Hive.

Is there anyone who can tell me how can I flash my gigabyte rx5700 xt rev.2?
mythil did you done id??

I can’t flash mine either. Everytime I flash it in hive, the card has a X by it and no stats. If I flash the original bios back it starts working again. All I changed in the bios was copying 1500 timings to upper timings.

Whats your soc setting?

Скинь биос

Somebody tried already new R-mode from teamredminer ?