More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 5700 XT Overlocking and Undervolting

First thing first, welcome here.

Samsung memory are known to be more sensible to high clock, indeed, you have many at 900 which is the “common” limit of samsung.

Here my setup, it’s a different brand/model so i don’t know if my OC works for you, but in this way you can lower your power consumption as well.

Moreover i also use the --eth_config parameter into the TeamRedMiner extra config, in particular this:
--eth_config=B640 basically this fix the GPU Tuning allowing TRM to skip this step.
The B mode is known to lower the power consumption, maybe this can help you a little bit with your rig in general

1 Like

Anybody dual mining TON and ETH using lolminer? Potentially much higher profits…

Whats up guys,

Has anyone re-modified the BIOS to be best at ETH/TON dual mining?

I modded my 5700 / 5600 bios a few years ago. Trying to dual mine but it looks like my core power is really limited in the bios.

I flashed one 5700 with OEM bios and tripled the TON mining. Ya’ll seen any guides for this?

Thanks

Thanks, but with B640 all my cards do around 0.5-1 MH/s less than without this parameter… i think i am in the maximum for this cards (2 of them cant handle with 900MHz memory). Now I am trying to get lower voltages and consumption.

Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

What brand is your graphics card? How did you modify the BIOS to mine TON triples?

i have 55mh + 0.7mh with moded bios for eth

my configs: Rx 5700 dual mining eth + ton - #4 by rafaelsartori

Hi all,

I have some issues with invalid shares. I tried to run with default voltage, but i still having some invalid shares. Can you confirm that invalid shares means “too high memory clocks”?

In some Telegram groups many people say yes, others say no… so I could try 895MHz, loose 0,6MH/s but stable rig without invalid shares?? is that recommended?

I thought that the maximum about memory clock is when you get GPU DEAD error, not invalid shares.
So, finally, is invalid shares related with too high memclk or too much undervolt?

That’s partially correct.
For sure if you get gpu dead THAT is its limit, but dude, you GET PAID from your accepted share which means, if you run stable a gpu without invalid you get paid more than if you have lot of invalid.

Remember if you get 1 invalid every 100 shares you are paid for 99 share, which means you lose 1% of gain.
Move this stuff to gpu hashrate, if you have your gpu mining at 55,14 and you get paid for 99% it’s exact the same if you mine at 54,58.
This is true for 1% invalid, you have 19, so i’m assuming that gpu sent 1900 shares, on that hashrate it should be about 2 days long mining right?

TLDR:

Believe it or not, 19 invalids in 2 days are A LOT.

I know, and I focus on non-invalid shares rig.
Only for curiosity, hiveon pool don’t recognize this invalid shares, i dont know if the pool is taking that invalid as stales
invalid_pool

So, in your opinion, should I set lower memory frequency to avoid invalid shares? or the problem come from CoreCLK or undervolting?

Thanks for reply

There are 3 type of shares:

• accepted
  • invalid
  • rejected

Typically the second one is the HW on miner log, which is the red one you can see in the gpu row in the hiveos table, those with the not-allowed mark,
This kind of share is invalid BEFORE being sent to the pool, this is the reason why the pool doesn’t see them.

The rejected are those shares ALREADY sent to the pool but maybe it’s too late, maybe they are technically invalid so the pool REJECTS them, and you can see them in the top of the worker page like so, and in the miner log too (R):

you should see them right there (i've 0 of them so i painted)
you should see them right there (i’ve 0 of them so i painted)

About your problem specifically, I paste here my oc of my 5700xt which is samsung as well, but Sapphire Nitro +, take a look to compare, maybe this helps you, it could be the core clock, the memory voltage as well, maybe just silicon lottery.
If it’s stable at 895 i’d say set mem at 895 and save some power :wink:

Hope this is clear :muscle:

1 Like

for anyone interested in 3070 + 1080ti + 5700XT rigs, please see my settings in this thread:

1 Like

Try the parameters from this video, works really good for me.

1 Like

Everyone from Turkey,
The settings I have been using for several months do not cause problems.
You need to get the bios to get good results.
I wanted to share with you.

I’ve issues with these 2 gpus guys.
Any tips? I get Gpu Dead very frequently, i don’t understand what’s wrong with those OCs :disappointed_relieved:

Just switched from windows to hive. This is what I’m working with. If anyone as any suggestions for improvement let me know.

How do you get rid of the GUP xy detected dead?
I’ve lowered my OC settings, but it didn’t improve anything.

Post your settings for an evaluation

Is the 5700 the one crashing “with no reason”?

(Btw man, i love your vega 56 stats :heart_eyes: can you share your memtweak?)

Yes, the 5700XT is the one crashing with no reason.

I believe I was very lucky, all Vegas are working with the predefined Memtweak in Hiveos.