More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Rig total freeze, requires power reset

I don’t think it’s the network driver in my case because the os locks up, I can’t type, I can only highlight lines with the mouse .

can you type when it happens?

Slinkywizard
what about these silicone gods I keep hearing about , I thought that you can’t compare 2 motherboards because they will always have some differences in the way they were made?

Nah it was totally frozen, but I solved it as I said previous post =)

I guess Nvidia + AMD is not a good idea for the H110 Pro BTC + at least. I will try though to put 13 total Gpus (All NVIDIA) and test if rig stays stable.

I’ve stopped my rig freezing and it’s been going for a solid 20 hours so far – previously it was freezing every 5-6 hours. I will post a shot of the BIOS settings I changed at the weekend provided no more freezing.

My setup is Asus B450-F Gaming II mobo, Ryzen 5 1600. Which is the same as a lot of other people in this thread with freezing issues. Hopefully I’ve solved it. We shall see.

1 Like

What a relief no freezes since I apparently fixed it … :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Okay. Well into second day with no freezes, so here are the settings I changed if you have an Asus B450-F, Ryzen 5 1600. With other CPUs and mobos it will at least give you a direction to start looking.

The primary issue seems to be variable CPU clock speeds or ‘boost mode’. So the number one fix here is turning that off and assigning the CPU its native clock speed only. Which in the case of the Ryzen 5 1600 is 3.2Ghz.

Here are all the settings. Some may be unnecessary, but the combination of all of these is what fixed the freezing issue for me.

3 Likes

Hi, Im with same issue and read all threads and notice a lot people with Ryzen 5 1600 like my frozen rig, mobo A320M-S2H Gigabyte.
Next weak I`ll try to change the set Mob + CPU, maybe, who knows.

It does happen to me too, every 6 hours or sometimes 10 hours or sometime 12 hours, i am quite sure its not the risers or the configuration or overclocks. I have been reading here about the BIOS, perhaps the motherboard gets hot ? or the cpu become problematic ? first of all i will buy a smart plug to reset anytime. The biggest problem is it frezee the entire rig, mouse not working key board not working nothing working

The answer is literally two posts up, guys. :wink:

1 Like

I`ll try it!

i dont have a ryzen only a cheap intel celeron, so problem cant be that as i dont have an option for boost. i only have an option for CPu fan control which i put it up for performance mode. i will see if any thing on bios i can find the ones you have. my mother board is H110 pro asrock.

I LOVE YOUUUUUUU, not a freezer anymore!

1 Like

Hello everyone…

I have the same issue but with an Intel Rig. Attached is my rig’s picture:
Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. (2301 07/13/2021)
CPU: 20 × Intel® Core™ i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz AES
Disk Model: Samsung Flash Drive FIT 64.2GB

I used to have 6 GPUs and was getting freezes 2-3 times a day. I moved one of them to a different rig and now with 5 GPUs I get 1 every day. I have replaced all the risers, done it with no OC, Low OC, different miners, USB, SSD, reflash of OS, used different NVIDIA drivers and no luck so far!

I don’t think it’s an AMD CPU issue… any help would be appreciated!

The issue has nothing to do with whether it’s AMD or Intel, it has to do with variable CPU clock speeds, which are the default for ALL CPUs. Change the settings in the BIOS so that the core is locked to your CPU’s native clock speed (4.2Ghz I think for your 10900) and the freezing will stop. See the settings I posted above and set your BIOS as close to them as possible.

This’ll be my last entry in the thread because people keep posting the same issue without applying the fix, which is right there in my previous post. Good luck!

6 Likes

I was looking for solution for this problem and saw your answer and it makes sense :smiley: but could you help me with voltage for Celeron G3900? Also do you think that cpu is enough or i should change it for something better/faster?

Thanks @Slinkywizard I spent way too many hours trying to figure out why my rig randomly would freeze. I made the BIOS changes to my rig last night, and I’ve been running for just about 24 hours now without issue!

You’re welcome Rob. Same for me, was incredibly frustrating isolating the issue. Ultimately, it’s a HiveOS software issue because it seems to have a problem interacting with CPU boost modes on some rigs. I say some rigs because I have an identical rig with the same cards, same motherboard, same memory, same CPU, same everything, that never froze. So the answer also lies somewhere in the individual bit of silicon you draw from the CPU lottery. It’s clearly a complex issue, but one that, at last, has a solution. Glad I could help.

2 Likes

lads do you having a problem with freezing rig ? does it also saying no GPU drivers, no temps error? and you try everything and you still cant figure out why its not fixing ! CPu tempretures is the first thing to look at ofcourse like above, but if you done that like me and then you still gettting these , its the riser and the PCI connector (usb one.)

check out this …

2 Likes

thanks 6 months ago looking for a solution to this problem!
u are the best !!

I didn’t have the same bios settings as @Slinkywizard. My rigs run on an Asus Z390-A Prime motherboard with a 3.7 GHz Intel i5 9600k cpu. I watched a couple YouTube videos describing the process of overclocking the cpu to stabilize it and changed the settings in the attached screenshots. My rigs have been running stable now for about 12 hours.

Hi there,

Just checking in, did these settings help you stay online more than 12 hours?
I tired all your settings on my rig, but my rig still freezes randomly and daily.