More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI RTX 3060TI LHR - LHR Workaround?

Yeah-I saw that about driver-I was getting best performance and stability on 495.44. I reverted this a 470 version for some testing and when I went to replace the 495.44, it also was not on the list. There were a couple OS updates this week, maybe some users are having issues with it, but it’s good for me.

Fortunately I had downloaded the driver package previously so was already on my system (but not on HiveOS available drivers list). nvidia-driver-update —list will bring up available, but if you had 495.44 installed before, the package might still be on your system-it says it at the very bottom-if you have the driver, it will update if you select it.

İ have little problem guys someone’s can help me
Gpu 1 hung detected! error - if this error happened several times, or failed to detect some gpus, please check your hardware.
Gpu 1 its 3060ti LHR how can i fix this.

Is it on a riser or plugged in directly? Recheck connections straight and good.

Are your bios settings good (gen 2)? Does the PCIE port you are using support your card?

Do you have power applied to both available power input ports of the GPU?

From command prompt at terminal, nvidia-info command should see your card and know about it…, I’d force a driver reinstall either way (nvidia-driver-update —force).

Post back if you are still having issues, but those are what I’d be looking at.

1 Like

İ didn’t check just i change miner for amd cards teamredminer
Nvidia cards t-rex miner 18 hour’s no problem yet.

John you have changed BIOS to the ventus versión ?

No, but I’m pretty sure I think I should.

Have you flashed to Ventus? Is it hard? Are you getting unlimited hash rates?

If yes, did you flash with nvflash or can it be done using the vbios utility on Hive?

Need more detail on the procedure, but it is definitely on the list of things to try.

I did not do it yet, but I saw several opinions that say that it is the solution, for hiveos it is very easy although I do not encourage me yet, I already have the bios downloaded, I know that it lowers the consumption and improves the mhs

Ok-also, I didn’t fully appreciate the temperature/performance correlation, it matters.

So I had my rig running very reliably at around 39 MHS, most of the time, so I wanted to park it in the rafter area of my garage-less airflow and higher ambient temps.

Everything was mostly good at night and early AM when ambient temps are the lowest, but in the afternoons, like 2-6 PM, my hash rates would dip down to the 235 MHS range as the card temps increased.

So of course, these things matter over time, so I busted the rig back down to ground level and lower temps. Up until now I’d been using auto fan settings, but I was like, what if I disable auto fans, and run the card fans at 60%. Sure as shit, I picked up a few MHS.

Check it out-all but one card over 40 MHS

Also found PL settings to be optimized at 140. Higher values don’t improve hashrates much, but below 140, hashrates decrease.

Yes, check the same, at this moment I have the Pl in 135 and I lost some more, I use another oc that seems better to me, anyway the definite solution has to be the change of bios

the bios that should work are the one that ends in DE and D4

Can you tell miner and nvidia version?

Çekirdek 1575

mem2400

140w

44mh

Hey my man, how’s your rig going? I have 8 of these guys…. Exact same ones you have…. But I can’t get any to even touch 40……(except 1… barely) any thoughts or input ya could pass on would be greatly appreciated!

Did you try my settings:

Current Nvidia driver (495.44 and Hive OS versions)

Core -250
Mem 1800
PL 140

NBMiner-40.1

Give it a shot and keep them cool.

One or 2 of mine stay over 40, other four are between 38 and 40.

The cards fully unlocked should do about 50 MHS, my initial values on a different non-LHR optimized miner (Phoenix) we’re about 25 MHS, so if you are getting anything north of 37.5 MHS, you are seeing 75% full capacity.

I think that is the best you can expect without exotic and risky hacks. I’m exploring those cautiously, hoping mining software can get better LHR performance.

I have (4) 1660 series cards I was going to sell, hoping these (6) 3060 cards would give me around 300 MHS, but with LHR issue, I’m gonna invest in a new 8 rig MoBo/Power supply, put my (6) 3060’s into that and put my (4) 1660s back online. I’ll have 4 slots available for additional GPUs, and about 350 MHS total output.

I’m using NB Miner & N470.74

2 Likes

Thanks for the screenshot!

Maybe I’ll give T-Rex miner with those settings a try.

Every 2-3 MHS higher in my average = 12-18 MHS on my total capacity with 6 cards. So I should definitely try it.

I’m stable with NBMiner-easy to procrastinate interrupting a mining rig to start all over with OC settings on a different miner.

Thanks for sharing.

Just managed to get 48+ Mhs on my Asus RTX 3060 Ti
But again one of the cards are really tricky to get stable above 44 Mhs
The one on 44 was on just 38 and hitting the LHR.
I flashed it with the vBIOS from the other one and now its alot higher and not hitting the LHR limiter

Woah-that’s really good!

When you say flashed the vBios with the other one-can you get more specific on what you did?

Did you use the HiveOS vBios flashing tool?

Did you use a different Asus driver or a driver from a different brand?

I’d love someone to chime in here on switching specifically from an MSI GamerX 3060ti to the Ventus vBios…