More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI RTX 3060TI LHR - LHR Workaround?

I used GPU4 vBIOS to flash GPU5 in hiveos
Standard Nvidia drivers NBMiner 40.1 and the OC shown above

If anyone want to try, the BIOS is here

Hey all-minor enhancement. Have found through observation that running nbminer my LHR rates would degrade slowly over the course of a 24 hr period. Was manually restarting throughout the day.

Figured out how to schedule an hourly miner restart-helps keep hashrates above 42.5 MHS.

Use t-rex, that’s probably the shittier lhr-unlock from the competition reducing your hashrate. T-rex can get you the highest lhr unlock % of all of them, even with the latest gminer. At least for 3060TIs… I tested all of them and t-rex is the only one that gets close to 75%.

46.5-47.5 @ 118-132W. You’ll get slightly less hashrate but better kh/w if you keep the core at stock settings (1410 for my cards), prob ~45.5-46.5.
Note that you can only achieve mem clocks this high with Hynix mems on LHR V2 cards… seems they improved them between V1 and V2 cards, only micron/samsung V1 cards can do this. Of course people with V1 cards don’t care cause they ignore LHR anyway with the bios “hack”. In a post I made I have a guy showing +4000 mem clocks on the same cards with same bios which indicates same mem chips as mine. I didn’t try that far, but so far +3200 is stable, upping it slowly by 200 if it runs for 24h+.

If you can’t run a configuration for 24h or more, it’s not stable. Restarting the miner every hour is not the solution… first that will decrease your overall pool hashrate anyway, as reboot time + dag build time is potential lost shares. Also, if the reason the hashrate keeps going down is because it’s not stable OC, you’re just brute forcing an unstable configuration and will most likely kill the card way before it’s due time.

PS: don’t set PL for LHR cards. Locking the core to a fixed clock already keeps a relatively steady and low voltage and thus wattage. Unfortunately one of the ways LHR lock triggers easily is if the core clock is too low, so we can’t underclock the core to lower the voltage and thus consumption, but you can lock down until stock settings with 0 difference in the trigger level. After this, adding PL only bottlenecks the card’s actual power need and will bring instability/crashes/invalid shares. The old way of using PL to undervolt the card shouldn’t be mixed with locking core clocks, only with clock offsets and the card will fluctuate the core if it doesn’t have enough power to keep it up.

Thanks for the detailed response. I’ll process the info and experiment with T-Rex…I’m kinda ignoring my rig at the moment based on the crypto pullback, but I’ll experiment with Trex for sure.

gminer 2.75 nvidia drivers 495.46

running stable, no invalids, no restarts.

1 Like

Hey guys, sorry to piggyback on this thread with a slightly different question to OP, but given all the info above, do you think it’s a wise move to buying up LHR cards at the moment? I’ve always avoided them like the plague in fear that in a couple of years time LHR will have blown over and all cards will be at 100% again. But I didn’t realise the unlock was getting so close to being bypassed. I never thought I’d see 51MH on a 3060 Ti LHR.

So am I just worrying over nothing and should dive into LHR?

Cheers

I would avoid LHR wherever possible, but non-LHR cards are harder to find and more expensive.

If I could get 50+ mhs from these cards, I’d be in heaven. At 42 mhs, I still generate more ETH than I did with the rig I replaced. I need to try the setup above generating 52 mhs.

That being said, I had budgeted $400+, moving towards $500 per month when I upgraded, now it’s more like $300 per month with the crypto pullback. I want to put my old cards back into play, but waiting on ETH to recover before dropping more cash on equipment.

Omg, i’ve just discover this thread…
How is it even possible ignoring the fact of LHR IN NOVEMBER DUUUUDE?!?!??!?!

Are you still mining with those settings?

Yep-been getting over 40 mhs per card.

And as far as LHR-I guess I missed that whole thing-I owned like 4 older 1060ti cards that were pre-LHR. Just went for a more powerful card without doing proper research-it happens. Live and learn.

Haven’t taken the time to try some of the other suggestions here, but my work schedule changed, I might have some more time to tinker with it over the coming weeks.

lowered a bit

Can you post a screen of the miner logs?
Is gminer exposing the LHR value?

I’m using nbminer. I’m not sure if I can grab the logs, maybe, but the LHR values I was reporting are visible on the terminal output when the miner is running. It reports the LHR unlock rate or something like that on the card stat summary output.

gminer 2.75

| 0 3060Ti 54 68 % 1590 8888 74.4 % |
| 1 3060Ti 57 68 % 1590 8900 74.4 % |

I have noticed that 1590 core clock gives me best hashrate and then move memory up until it crashes, but I like to put it like at 4000 and then see what happens.

oh bro that’s the reason why you don’t get the best performances from your LHR cards.
Move to trex or gminer

Cheers. My current strategy has been to wait for a cheap FHR, which are coming around more often in the past week or two. Unlimited 3060s on ebay have dropped by about £200 in the last few months ($270ish). I guess I’ll stick to that. As I said, once ETH goes POS I can’t see NVIDIA being so picky about who they sell cards to.

Also a bit off topic, but @Kemalbaglar if you see this could you send me a DM please? I wanted to send you one but apparently I’m n00b and can’t yet. Cheers.

Hi!, can you please share a dump of your MSi 3060ti Bios?
I will test to flash it to my 3060ti with Hynix memory.

These are not MSI. Don’t flash Nvidias nor AMD 6000+ series. I don’t share BIOSes as 99% of the cases you’ll brick your card.

Which Asus model 3060TI is your’s? I’m having a similar issue with two asus I have 1 performs ok the other way less, thinking about making them all the same bios?
Any advice?
Thanks!