More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Has the payout threshold changed?

so if we do manual withdraw gas pay 0.1 eth we only lose 80 gas fee (1.50-$3) price? or we will lose more that when we exchange are eth to another coins? hive os is so bussy never answer the custumers

https://etherscan.io/gastracker
Gas can be seen here.
You can actually lower the gas limit.

Manual transfers can set the gas lower, such as 40 25 15…
If you use polygon, a side chain, your metamask wallet gets weth, and hiveon pays for this step. But if you want to transfer to an exchange, your exchange wallet does not support weth, you need to convert weth to eth, pay a fee, maybe matic, and then transfer from metamask to the exchange through the eth mainnet, and pay another fee , ethereum gas.
In fact, using polygon to transfer to an exchange requires two fees, unless your exchange supports weth, only one fee is required.
Since you have to pay fees, why not just manually trade, transfer eth directly to the exchange, and pay for the gas yourself through the Ethereum mainnet.

First, I think that HiveON could have really done a much better job announcing the pending change to the payout method/system given that the title of the blog post ONLY says: “Polygon Integration and manual payout options have been added”.

Therefore; if you weren’t interested in neither Polygon nor the manual payout option, you wouldn’t necessarily click on that link to find out that the “base”, automatic mainnet payout method has ALSO changed as well.

I think, instead, the title of that blog post could have been changed to something along the lines of “Mainnet payout minimum raised from 0.1 ETH to 0.2 ETH, Polygon integration, and manual payout options have been added.”

That way, the first part of that blog post applies (and notifies) EVERYBODY.

Afterall, why bother having the Blog section at all if HiveON is only going to be dependent on Facebook, group, Discord, and Telegram for announcements?

Second, this change would’ve made more sense to have been implemented when EIP-1559 came in back in August of last year when everybody else was moving to this type of a system. Ethermine moved to this back then, so I don’t really understand why it took HiveON nearly 8 months before they realised that they needed to do the same thing (albeit Ethermine doesn’t cover the transaction fees for mainnet payouts the way that HiveON does).

Gas price varies based on network volume. You set the max you’re willing to pay when requesting a payout, if the amount is higher than the current gas fee, the transaction goes through. Hiveos isn’t an exchange, so that depends where you trade and what your fees are for trading.

In fact, Hiveon has set the threshold to 0.2 and will pay less gas, because people want to get eth at 0.1 or earlier, people need to pay for the gas themselves.
This is business.
People are more flexible and hiveon pays less. I think it’s a win-win.

1 Like

We implemented the .1 eth payout after eip1559, and currently we’re the only pool that covers gas fees at any level anymore. If you want us to cover gas fees, mine to the .2 threshold, if you want your eth sooner, you can manually withdraw for free with polygon or if you cover gas on mainnet. Mainnet is expensive compared to polygon, so we’re encouraging people to use polygon as it’s faster and free :slight_smile:

It is a win win, people just see change and think bad :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t feel like I won anything. I was expecting a payment in a few days and now it is a couple of weeks. I had to search out why there was a change instead of being notified by email. Maybe this is a win for hive, so congrats I guess. The free transfer was the only reason I kept mining here, even though my results are lower than whattomine shows I should get and the constant down time of earnings reporting(which seems shady to me). I will rethink my mining in the next week because I feel like I have been the loser in this deal.

1 Like

If you want to stay up to date on new updates or changes, we post them all regularly on a variety of platforms, you can opt in to as many as you’d like if you want. Discord, Twitter, Facebook page, Facebook group, telegram, reddit and our blog. Same way we’ve been posting updates for years.

You still have the free transfer at .2 eth. Or anytime after .005 eth if you use the polygon network (we cover fees for both) plus the option to get your eth on the mainnet if you pay gas fee (typically $1.50-$4) as soon as .005 eth as well. We encourage people to use the polygon network for payments as it’s cheaper and faster for everyone.

I thought that it had always been 0.1 ETH for the payout threshold even before the implementation of EIP-1559.

This is true.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that transfers OUT of the Polygon L2 network still has fees and some exchanges does not allow you to sell ETH to a fiat currency directly from Polygon.

(Different countries may have different exchanges with different rules.)

Since the implementation of EIP-1559, I’ve seen that the rate of ETH earnings fall around 28% (initially) and about 50% between the day before the implementation of EIP-1559 'til now. (I used to be able to hit the 0.1 ETH automatic payout threshold weekly, and now it’s about every 10-14 days, and with the change to 0.2 ETH automatic payout threshold, the automatic payout will happen approximately once every month.)

The payout has been fixed at .1 for a long time but pre 1559 we auto paid out small unpaid balances once per week/month depending on the amount on inactive wallets. Post 1559 we removed the auto payout for small amounts and the only option was the .1 threshold, didn’t mean it was brand new, but you could get paid out at less pre 1559.

anytime you’re transferring crypto there’s going to be a fee, the best option really depends what you’re trying to do with it, exchange/sell/trade/hold.

If your exchange supports wETH then the total fee to move your .005 hiveon pool balance to say crypto.com exchange to sell/trade etc would be around 1-4 cents and the transactions are near instant.

Now if you’re trying to swap for usdt on defi then yeah, you’ll have to pay gas fees.

More options = more better, you just need to leverage the best option for your goals. Crypto is all about options and features, pick what works best for you.

Gotcha.

Thanks.

I liked the OLD way better.

You don’t like the option for getting your payouts at 20x lower threshold than before for free?

I got it all set up now thanks.

I was missing the basics to get to Mainnet to make the changes. Here are the steps for those new to this like me:

1. Click on your pending amounts

2. Select wallet and click View on HiveonPool

3. Select Payment Settings

4. Enter your IPV4 IP address:

Can get IPV4 from this website: http://www.ip-adress.eu/

1. Now you can adjust the payout threshold discussed thus far. I mistakenly thought I would lose the accumulated amount that’s in flight due to long wait times to get to 0.2. I was worried about losing the pending amount due to the discussion around the MetaMask feature. Using MetaMask is a nice, but separate feature. Just make the change here on the thresholds on your existing wallet of your inflight pending mining payouts.

1 Like

how long the transaction takes

What kind?

From pool to binance