More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

at wall 970w for 13 GPU

Thanks bro

1 Like

Very similar settings (and results) to yours, just less watts. Your GPUs 1, 4 & 5 might need a little slower mem clock though.

2 Likes

I would like to test your settings, but how you get this “1” in the OC?

“1” is the DPM mode. In HiveOS main page, click on your farm, to get the list of all rigs. Then use “Overclocking templates” to create a template, with DPM mode set to 1. Then you would click on each rig and use that template to set overclocks, they will then inherit that mode. Also I should mention my SoC Freq is set to 430 MHz for all cards and SoC VDDmax is set to 825 or 820 mv, depending on the card.

1 Like

Hi all.
Has anyone ever tested BTC mining with the RX 6600 xt? If so, what are your advice, observations etc.?
Have a nice day.
Ben.

Can someone help me whit my settings please.All cards are RED DEVIL

Try thie first one for all power (also works for the Asus) - I’m on my mobile so not so easy to make it neat. Use team red and should get something around the mid 32s MHs for the powercolor and mid 50s wattage.

Good luck

Thenks

1 Like

Welcome. Please post the results

Hello. Please could someone look at how to improve it or leave it at that. I’m a beginner and I’m just learning. Thanks

My tips:

1. First drop the GPU clock to 901 MHz. It is the lowest core clock that will support full hash rate and keep preset core voltage. No point to have it any higher.
  2. Then, most importantly, drop VDDCI (memory controller voltage) to the minimum required, as that will save you a lot of watts. I would start with 750mv and keep dropping in 5mv decrements, until hashrate drops or it crashes, then go back up by 10mv. Then test for 24 hours and, if not stable, increase by another 5mv. This alone can shave 10W off your power draw. My eight 6600XTs run at VDDCI ranging from 695 to 635mv.
  3. Find the minimum required memory voltage. Start with 1350mv and keep dropping in 5mv decrements until hasrate starts dropping or it crashes, then back up. This will shave off another few watts.
  4. VDD can likely go down a bit more. None of my 6600XT needs VDD higher than 625 for stable work, with a few running at 605 VDD. That’s at 901 MHz clock.
  5. SoC frequency should be set to 420 MHz. It is probably the lowest value your card will remain stable at, as do all mine 6600XTs.
  6. SoC VDD - all my cards run at 785mv, stable. Dropping this as low as it can go, might save a little bit of power.
2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’ll do it over the weekend, then I’ll let you know how it turned out. I still wanted to ask, if I change my ethermine wallet from Exodus to HW wallet, will the extracted etherium come to me? Or I have to catch up to those 0.005 ETH and then change. Thanks for the reply.

Probably on every pool, any unpaid balance is speciffic to the wallet address, so you need to catch the moment of payout (or force it) and when balance becomes 0, then change the wallet.

hello, so i messed with it and ended up at this setup.

I hope it will be stable, I haven’t tested it for a long time but it looks like yes. I added the same card, but I couldn’t break it, it’s still falling and falling. I can’t break her alone either. Is there any setting on which it should run?

Starts looking really good, 1125 Mhz on Micron memory is amazing, dude, your card is a rocket. And the fact you only dropped memory voltage to 1345 mv tells me you’re right at the edge of your VRAM capabilities (I’m assuming you tried 1340 and it failed?). But is 750 mv really the minimum your VDDCI can go down to? None of my 6600XTs require more than 700 mv.
PS. I didn’t understand the question you were asking at the end.

I’ve gotten all three models.
In my experience, all of my Red Devils are unstable. I can only get them to run in a Windows environment. They will only run when a monitor is attached. Overall, my experience with Red Devils have been negative.

When it comes to the HellHound vs Fighter, I prefer the Fighter. Your mileage may vary as these generate similar hash while the Fighter is much more efficient. I recommend going for the Fighter all day long.

What are your experiences with each?

530watts 383mh

1 Like

all hellhounds on my 12 card rig running strong. I haven’t had any issues with them and they seem to be efficient

2 Likes