More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

AMD 6600xt in hiveOS

Currently running on team red miner V 0.8.5
Core 965
VDD 675
Memory 1155

32.65MH @59Watts

For only 8 gpu i use asus z390 p prime - working fine
for more is use other board :wink:

Hi guys I have managed to get my 6x RX6600 up and running on NB miner with decent hashrate although I have problem with one of my cards, It’s giving only ~23 mh when rest is around 33. Here are my stats, pls help.

Not sure if it helps, but I’ve managed to get stable results (32Mh/s-58W) with latest beta, TRM and these values:
Mine’s XFX Merc, if I go higher core or memory (no voltage restriction) it goes down to 20Mh/s

@Raven thanks for the OCs, they work fine for me :slight_smile:

Hello,
Have you ever had this case?
A card which is displayed at 16Gh but which causes the rig to crash?
(I manage to reproduce the “bug”.)

My 5th card on a 12 gpu board is slower than others, too … dont know why … but not that slow … mine was around 28 … i reseted the oc sometimes and set new … at any day it went up to 31. slower than others, but working ok …

Still working on the voltages but all 3 of mine behave differently:

E.g. the 2nd XFX does not like 1135 or higher on memclock causing the TRM watchdog to restart the rig every 6-12 hours

These cards are so awesome!

Even though gminer stats GPU Unknown Kern N/A lol

Hello nzminer

may i have a full screenshot of your hiveOS page?

I want to see the overall OC setting, motherboard, usb / ssd that you are using.

because today I bought the same motherboard as your S37,

if I may ask for your RIG photo setup, it looks interesting

Thanks bro

Halo lukezen

have you experienced a restart when mining in gminer with 6600xt so far?

how many days have you been mining at gminer? stable or unstable, or maybe frequent errors?

Hey Edwin…

Yeah random re-started for no reason… then days without issue

Since changing auto fan to reboot on critical or reboot on errors I’ve not has any restarted

Wow very interesting

I haven’t found a solution for 4 days, mining on stable version 6-208 with locked hashrate at 28 mh/s.

I dare not update version 6-209 or 6-210.

because it will make my rig unstable, restart every hour or GPU error no temps / GPU detected dead, I don’t know what the problem is, it makes me frustrated.

but you give me hope with fan settings like that, maybe i’ll try later bro

can i see the OC settings? send me a full screenshot of your hiveos page and what hiveos version are you using now?

Thanks brother

I had exactly the same problems (card crash, cascading miner errors, GPU detected dead (always the same, the 8th, etc.)
I decided to switch to an SSD drive (and no longer a usb key, which generates writing problems).
This passage has already solved a good part of the stability problems. I configured watchdog and autofan and since then my rig has been running for 2 days without crash, on the latest version. ( I cross my fingers).

Halo natsou

are you having problem with status GPU error no temps for RX 6600 XT ??

may i see full screenshot on your hive os page? I want to see what motherboard, OC settings, and hive os version you are using.
and I want to see your watchdog and FAN settings ?

it will really help me

Thanks bro

Halo lasantha

have you found the problem regarding 1 vga unstable
hashrate???

I did but i changed bios to PCIe 2.0 then it went away. everything is 32.2+ with that OC settings in the picture. I am running the latest hiveOS as well

how to change bios settings to pcie 2.0 on mobo s37 ??

can you explain? Thanks brother :slight_smile:

Hi edwinst,
(Sorry for my english, i’m french)

Yes, exactly the same problem as you!
I have 2 rigs of 9 sapphire and 1 rig of 5 xfx.

Here is the hardware :
(for the 3, they are the same “main” components)
Motherboard
H110 Pro BTC+ ASRock (P1.10 06/20/2017)
CPU
2 × Intel® Celeron® CPU G3900 @ 2.80GHz AES

at the time of the problems i was using usb sticks and no ssd disk.
Watchdog disable
Autodan disable

using Lolminer and hiveos 0.6-210@211002

On the 2 rigs of 9 sapphires, still the same problem. The 8th gpu detected as crashed, lolminer reboots, etc.

The rigs were crashing all the time. Sometimes it took 8 hours, sometimes 1 hour, sometimes 5 minutes. The system freez on startup, etc. I even installed connected sockets to restart them remotely.

This is all I have tried:

I had 11 cards per rig, so I went down to 9 cards (thinking the motherboard didn’t support it well). it did not resolve.

Reset bios, update it, downgrade it. it did not resolve.

Change all the rizer, Did not resolve

Change all the wire, Did not resolve

change the type of pci port in the bios, Did not resolve

I removed the overclocking from the gpu 8. Did not resolve

Recreate a usb key, erase the farm, recreate a new one, change the gpu ports, disconnect them. , Did not resolve

I didn’t downgrade hiveos because I didn’t want to run at 28Mh per card.

I then understood that the usb keys were not made to support a lot of writing phases. So I opted for SSD drives. (because in addition to crashing, my rigs sometimes did not restart and remained stuck on the bios).
This change therefore allowed me to restart them more easily. This reduced the periods of inactivity.

Then, I activated watchdog, autofan and logs via telegram (to follow the alerts).
And since then, I see that it crashes again, but the system restarts it correctly. (I don’t think the problem is solved but the system reacts to prevent the crash)

Here are the parameters of the autofan:

Here are the parameters of watchdog :

The “la” depends on your rig.
I am not sure what value I entered.

And it’s been going for 2 days now (unheard of for me)

But you can see small cuts from time to time. Certainly at these times that watchdog is doing its job. But these cuts are not accompanied by an error message (as before)

Hope my message can help you! I tried to be as complete as possible :slight_smile:

Ben.

1 Like

Halo bro natsou

you explain very clearly, I really helped. :slight_smile:

tomorrow I will try about what you explained to me. hopefully get better results. thanks very much

if i may know why do you use lolminer, not teamredminer or gminer?

do you have your own reasons?

because as far as I know, most people who use Radeon must use teamredminer.

can you explain to me? Thanks brother :slight_smile: