More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Advice for 6800, 6800xt and 6900 xt OC settings

I put my 6800xt in a windows rig and instantly got back to full hashrate. There is something wrong in hive’s overclocking of these 6900/6800s in linux. The indicated core voltage in radeon software is 881, sure I’m at 163 watts with this, but it’s better than 110 watts and 16-39mh/s.

Thats great settings dude. Thank you very much.

Hi im new in this world, one question, i put on the 4 cards the same OC
The cards are RX6900XT OC from Asrock

Why if the 4 cards have the same config are very differents the MH on each one and the power consumption.

Using Phoenix Miner. Runs very stable and consistent.

For some reason, Gminer does not work for me in parallel. It also starts after creating dag files - terminate. What additional options should I specify?

ethminer-nsfminer

Phoenixminer
Need settings for gigabyte rx 6800 i want 63 mh with around 100w
cart is new, do i need to update drivers?

AMD driver updates are non-trivial. Run the drivers included as part of the latest Hive stable kernel release. It is the bottom portion: Kernel 5.10.0-hiveos #83 that includes drivers.

Image 12-27-21 at 5.04 PM

If you are not at that level, research the hive-replace -y --stable command

Here are my settings, TeamRedMiner. XFX wattage rules!!

at the wall it’s the same as other 6800xt, still 130w+

Huh, i’m very interested in this… I didn’t measure from wall before, but i meassured now… and yes you are correct. I measurred GPU2, last one, pull 140w from wall… Do you want to say that other 6800cards show 120w in miner and pull arround 140w from wall? Did you meassured some other brands?

does it work stably?

did not do a very detailed measurement, but even if i try to lower all voltages, including soc, they still go around 136w at the wall, on hiveos the wattage shown ranges from 79 to 90w. using amd-oc, xfx cards use around +10w more core voltage from what is set in hiveos, whereas powercolor cards use -10w less than what is set in hiveos

What a scam from xfx… Jaooo… I buying a lot and i looking only for xfx and somethimes i pay more for xfx brand… Hugh… That core voltages is very interesting, becouse Hiveos have limit core 600mV, I cant go lower with my cards, in Hiveos i have 601, but in miner shows 643mV :(( Everything lower goes to default core voltages… Did you try flashing bios with modifying voltages in powerTool?

Yes, one week stable, yesterday i went a little lower with core to 1240 and it is stable now for 24hours. And SOC 880, SOC mV 950. Got 2watts less than on the pic.

did not do any mods, just plug in and boot to hiveos. but xfx cards still quite stable, asus tuf ones keep smc error, need to use much higher voltages than xfx or powercolor

Add Sapphire 6800’s to your list of voltage increases. Eventually mine turned out rock solid stable and cool, but powered up.

You can send the full config for this cards??? thanks

Here my config right now, still testing.

phoenixminer
it’s my settings, how to do rx 6800 gigabyte and rx 6800 XT gigabyte with around 100w?

1 Like