More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Advice for 6800, 6800xt and 6900 xt OC settings

did you check these settings after rebooting the rig, what hashrate was after rebooting, remained the same stable or not?

I always stop miner and shutdown & reboot after 30 secs after making changes in the gpu params.

Yes, it’s keeping the hashrates every time, and no stability issues so far, but depends heavily on hardware for each miner (mem speeds, cpu overclocking, mobo, psu, even risers). It’s not exactly the same for everyone but if gives some idea of the params can be used as starting point.

with your settings I have 63.08 m / h, 106w, core temp 47, mem temp 66, fan 47% Sapphire 6800xt. Rig has not rebooted yet

Nice… what about temps?

106w, core temp 47, mem temp 66, fan 47% Gmainer
GPU became noticeably quieter, I wonder how stable these settings are and what the rig will show after rebooting. I have 3 GPU 3070 and 1 GPU 6800xt in the rig.

Hello Guys, a quick general question. I got 5 RTX (2060s - 3070). Thinking about adding 2 6800XT/6900XT or stay fully with RTX by adding 3x 2060s. Is there a essential reason why to not mix these AMDs with RTX ?
Thank you in advance for any comment and time spent with my concern. Good day to you all!

Hello, I run a small mixed rig with gminer, it works, I don’t have any major issue

It’s a tricky question, it depends on what mining software you are using and how much power you have left on your rig.
2 * 6800 (XT) will have more hashrate than 3 2060 but it will be on par with 3 2060 super.
It might be easier to power 2 RX6800 (XT), they require more OC tuning to get them stable at low power consumption than nvidia with locked core.
If you can’t decide, I’d say buy whatever is cheaper.

On a side note people keep claiming that running t-rex + TeamRedMiner is better on mixed rigs because it gives the most shares & hashrate poolside but this has not been my experience so far.
Gminer works best for me but I have multiple generations of GPU’s.

Some interesting benchmarks:
https://www.hashrate.no/tests/rdna2
https://www.hashrate.no/tests/ampere

What can I do to pull the one 6900xt out of the gutter? Even though they’re the same card, I cannot seem to get more than 47MH with one.

Any recommendations for the others? Using TeamRedMiner

Lower the memory clock to 1060, and the vdd 675

using trm, but wondering if i can squeez a little more mh from them, i didnt switch bios for performance but i dont know if it actually gives something
any suggestions?

Stability is more profitable than <2% MH/s. And a small bump in MH/s may not make a material difference in shares submitted to the pool.

My opinion: Measure results precisely now if your rig runs well for 2 weeks, then consider tweaking and measure again.

Hate the fact that when i apply an OC to GPU 5 the whole rig just goes to sh*t. But happy with the 63+ on the 3 6800’s

GPU sympathy on 6800 series has been interesting watch over the year.

Your 6800s are working well on your behalf. Which miner?

Running this rig on phoenixminer, TRM and NBminer will cause n/a hashrate on GPU4.

I’m just not touching the settings anymore :slight_smile:

Is Team Black still garbage?

The 0.5% dev fee is attractive vs. other options.

Well, sometimes yes , sometimes no…
I’m running my gaming rig on TBM as a test (only 1 6800xt), and while the invalid shares are less than they used to (now ~1%, used to be ~5%), also the hashrate went down on latest versions (from 65ish to 62ish)… I went back to 1.27 for the time being.
This project has potential, but it isn’t mature yet. They seem to just try stuff and launch new updates every few days. It feels like a beta version. If you want your rig to be stable, this one seems to be avoided for the time being.

Thanks. Sounds like it’s best to just stick with team red for now. Maybe down the road team black will be a better option.

85 watts from hive or measured from the wall

Is it worthy to have 2-4 Mh/s by increasing 60-70 watts? My cards do around 62.2 for 103-107 watts. Looking at the efficiencies, 66Mh/s by 170W is not worthy.

I am not that fancy with my settings and went with a free float model where I just set Core and Memory Clocks, but my rigs are stable and hashing above 62 MH/s and then reduced the voltage to a point where I stopped giving errors.

What is best anyone got using a free float model?