More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Advice for 6800, 6800xt and 6900 xt OC settings

wow, did u set SOC freq or voltage ?

SoC VDDmax 950 for all

this is the best i can get for gigabyte 6800, even if soc mhz n v @ 0 default, 1270 causes them to drop to 30-40mh.

1 Like

can you show all the settings? I tried to do like on the screenshot but i get 62.50 mh with 112w

try lowering the soc mv, can try 800, if unstable then increase by 10, mine are around 820-830 to be stable.

Hi,

Thank you for the community that provide miners OC settings. After trying many settings, I Set my 10 GPU RX 6800 XT and 1 GPU RX 6800 like This.

Yesterday i got XFX rx6800 without xt. I’ts total difference than XFX rx6800xt’s in consumption… it’s 30w+ in the miner and from the wall. I’m very interested in bios moding to lower consumption and maybe go hier with frequencies. I have experience with modding other cards, but not with 6800’s. And this cards are new and i have little respect, hahaha… Cant find on web is it possible to flash bios more times on this cards? I know some cards dont allow more flashing than once? Is someone tryed to flash non XT card with XT bios? Is someone modified bios with MorePowerTools - i mean Voltage power limits and limit frequencys? Just asking if this all works, becouse all i can find on web is, where people changing this onthefly with MorePowerTools in Windows registryes. My all cards have dual bios, so it’s not so big problem, just asking if everything with flashing works on this cards same as on other cards…

I think this was the pre-F state script "let’s try flashing BIOS versions) stage:

fwiw: a few posts down was the 6800XT to 6800 examples.

Thanks man, this is what i needed. I didn’t find before. I’m grateful.

Hi. I’m trying to mine TON with my 6900xt and i can’t set the core voltaje…
i set 700mv on HiveOs, but when i do amd-info it shows core is at 800mv or more… why??
my 6900xt is an Asrock Phantom Gaming

try manually entering amd-oc in shellinabox

I have the same problem on TON, my GPU is drawing 265w and nowhere near its potential.

Here are my settings and what and info is showing.

OC: core 2200, vdd 875, vddci 800, mvdd 1300, mem 1000. 4.12 GHS at 264w

Not sure how to manually input amd-oc, but any help would be appreciated.

Gigabyte 6900 xt gaming oc / hiveos#83

i dont have 6900xt, but on my 6800, i set tdp limit, and lowered the oc core, now 6800 use lower wattage mining ton than eth.

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem…
If i use PL 180 for example… it lowers too much de core and i lose lot of mhs

PD: sry for my bad english

Hi mate, yep similar behaviour. If I drop core to 1950 and remove the other settings it runs at 4.1ghs at 196w but it should be able to do more unless we lost the silicon lottery.

I used More Power Tools and Red Bios Editor in Windows some time ago to look for that 33A boost, but back then it couldn’t really “edit” AMD’s rx 6000 series; in Windows it just edited some registry strings to be able to change that TDC SOC or use lower voltages etc. But you couldn’t “flash” that bios and use it in hive after that; in hive it just was the standard bios.
The F-state script and hive updates have already improved a lot, but I look forward for a real bios editor to play with.

Not really replying to your question, but I see your F-state is also set at 1551 instead of their max 1941 like I already reported with my 6800XT’s.
Seems like the newer versions of hive that implemented the F-state script didn’t just implement it for the 6800’s (non-xt) which were the only cards that needed it, but seems that some other cards like 6800xt and 6900xt were also affected.

Thx Oni, was wondering if I was experiencing f-state issue after reading about it through the thread. Might revert to another stable release of hive in the coming weeks to see if helps solve the problem.

Did you get it solved by going to any version in particular?

I’ve also got a couple of 6800xt arriving this week so I’ll see if it has the same problem with them on this version

I don’t remember exactly which version implemented the f-state in hive; probably it is mentioned multiple times in this topic; then it’s the version prior to that which you need to install and then add the F-state script for any (if you have any) 6800 non-XT’s.
But I have no time to figure it out yet, nor the will to change anything; my rig is running pretty stable at around 62MH/s and I’m pretty happy with it for the time being. I’ll thus just sit it out in hopes of a future update of hive which will solve the issue and grant them some more MH/s.
Hopefully they also fix the wattage problem too which gives higher wattage after a reboot but can be lowered by changing a single OC value and save on the fly.

Latest kernel and OS in my AMD test bench, no scripts:

1 Like