More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Which RX 6600 XT is the best?

Hi Guys,

i would like to ask you which one of the RX 6600 XT‘s is the best GPU?

MSI… PowerColor… Asus?

Do we have experiences with this cards?

Best Regards

1 Like

Brand and model isn’t important for mining with such low power cards. Even the worst coolers can easily keep 60w worth of power cool.

But the Hashrate isnt everytime the same…

Yep, every card is unique, even ones that are the same make and model. If you’re strictly mining, get the cheapest one.

Simple!

Samsung VRAM

3 fan versions :slight_smile:

Cooling for the win

1 Like

:joy::+1:

Nice

Not to mention 3 fan versions are quite often cheaper because they are a lot bigger :slight_smile:

Hi Guyz :slight_smile:

It seems that what you can get from your RX 6600 XT is quite a lotery :slight_smile: as 2 cards can get very different OC results from one another !! Personnaly I get better results with the Micron one :slight_smile: !

Yep 200% agree ! :exploding_head: !!!

I can’t help but try and getting all my cards hashing close to the same rate heheh

OCD

TBM

6 x Radeon RX 6600 XT 8176 MB · ASRock Samsung GDDR6

Different OC to match :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just hold 3 Cards and send 4 back cause the others dont have this rates, and mys are exact the same :slight_smile:

Is there a difference between…

• MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT GAMING X 8G

• MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT MECH 2X OC 8GB

• MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT MECH 2X OCV1 8GB

And do someone has experience in mining with there cards? Are there diffenrences in Hashrates?

And difference between…

• SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 6600 XT Pulse Gaming OC

• Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6600 XT

I have MSI two fans and a Gigabyte 3 fan. MSI takes OC easier. Giga gives me a better hashrate but MSI has Samsung memory. Different power numbers, etc. Like a lottery, hit or miss depending on what you expect.

You never know until you plug it in. I bought a bunch of XFX 6600 (non-XT). Serial numbers like xxx37, xxx38, etc. All took core to 2230 and only one decided to give me issues with invalid shares unless I go to 2220. Again like a lottery. Pick the price and 3-fan and let’s see how it goes.

I have a pair of asrock 6600XT Challengers - I as a brand don’t like Asrock but these 2 are quite good IMHO small light and run quite cool and hash well
I use auto fan with a target of 60 core and presently core is well below target with 23% FAN no AUX FANS blowing on it
BUT MY mining cave is around 13C right now

I have 20x 6600 XTs, with a mix of Sapphire Pulse and PowerColor Hellhounds. All working well. The Hellhounds use about 8W less power, and are correspondingly cooler, but the MH/s rates are all about the same across all 20 GPUs, Sapphire and PowerColor.

However, just got a new PC Hellhounds with the Micron memory. It is running 1.5 MH/s faster with the same power consumption. Nice.

On the downside, I tried PC Red Devil 6600 XTs and Never got them to stabilize. They always drifted down in performance until they failed, between 10 minutes and 2 hours. No matter the settings I used. PowerColor Support’s only input on the Red Devil was to use separate power cables from the PSU to 6 pin input, 8 pin input, and to the riser.

These are the only 3 models I have tried so far.

Fantastic result!

Hi guys, I got some issues when I set up my new ASRock rx6600xt Challenger OC Edition, but for now everything is fine. I leave you my configuration.
I could not parameterize the GPU 0 equal to all the others. It can be a board defect or just another batch of semiconductors.

Motherboard B450 Pro4 ASRock (P4.50 11/04/2020)

CPU 12 × AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor AES

GPU Radeon RX 6600 XT 8176 MB · ASRock Challenger OC Edition
Samsung GDDR6 113-EXT800289-L04

Team Black Miner

Try changing the core to 1350 on the top one…

All my 6 are ASRock rx6600xt Challenger D and two need their cores at 1350 to get the same MH as the others

I have one brand of 6600XT (ASROCK?) that doesn’t like VDD at 650, crashes at less than 700. So I switched all the cards in my rig to VDD=700, doesn’t affect power usage or mining rate.