More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Which RX 6600 XT is the best?

Also - I have quit using TBM. Too many stale and invalid shares, crashing, weird crap. Running GMINER on both my rigs now. I tested all the miners that run on AMD cards, GMINER seemed the most stable and highest valid shares.

^Running gminer v.2.74
I have tried running with memory overclocked higher, it crashes at 1150. Also, there isn’t much difference between 1130, 1135 and 1140 for hashrates.
ETA: it might look like TBM gives you higher hash rates, but also higher stale and invalid shares. Run TBM for 24 hours, then gminer for 24 hours. Compare TOTAL VALID SHARES and you will see what I mean.
ETAA: best card? As you can see, they mine almost identical hashrates. However, the XFX card is the only 3 fan card in the rig, and it runs cooler than the 2 fan cards. My rig also has 3 x 120mm auxiliary fans drawing heat off all the cards.

I’ve been happy with the 4 Sapphire Pulse and 4 ASRock Challenger cards mining on TRM. If you crank them up to 34MH the Challenger cards with their 3 fans do cool slightly better. With my power being .14 however I wanted to lean them out slightly. Many settings I see ran the cards at roughly 60W (give or take) for 33MH. Wanted mine at around or below 50W a card and all of these will do that. This had been running at 33MH (262.4MH) @ 557.6W and managed to bring them all down to 50 and below… might play with the 2 to have them all below but good enought for me now. With a bit of playing I managed to drop 93.5W while only dropping 4.9MH. Temps also dropped 5-8* as well. At the wall I’m reading 508W with a Kill A Watt/ Looking for 5 more to add to this rig soon.

Might try and source a dozen non-XT cards next, a higher hash rate card if it can match the hashrate to power of these or a script ASIC setup perhaps.

All my 6600 XT Sapphire Pulses are very stable for mining no issues at all. 13 mining. PowerColor Hellhounds run at 8W lower power, but not as stable. Mixed results with Sapphire Nitros. Never got a Red Devil 6600 XT to work.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.