More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

What's Your AMD Vega FE Settings? HashRate?

I cant give u a definite answer because i still cant get hiveos to download any miners when I boot their image. But from my background in linux u can make the amdtweak settings apply at boot by making a bash script with the commands and then making systemd run them at boot or add them to the shell init which gets ran once you see a shell after the system has booted.

1 Like

Thanks i’ll google it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have a look here:

I always get 45 MH/s with my 5x FE setup. I tried setting up Hive, but ran out of patience after a few hours of not getting the settings to play nice. This is Win 10 with a mashup of OverdriveNTool and AMDmemtweak on TeamRedMiner:

GPU_P0=852;800
GPU_P1=991;900
GPU_P2=1138;900
GPU_P3=1138;900
GPU_P4=1138;900
GPU_P5=1138;900
GPU_P6=1150;900
GPU_P7=1150;900
Mem_P0=167;800;0
Mem_P1=500;900;0
Mem_P2=800;950;0
Mem_P3=1100;900
Mem_TimingLevel=0
Fan_P0=55;85
Fan_P1=55;85
Fan_P2=55;85
Fan_P3=55;85
Fan_P4=55;90
Fan_ZeroRPM=0
Fan_Acoustic=2000
Power_Target=0

WinAMDTweak.exe --i 0,3,5,6,8 --CL 19 --RAS 28 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 10 --RC 44 --RP 14 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --FAW 18 --WR 15 --RRDSD 3 --RRDL 3 --REF 65535 --RFC 300

I’m going to attempt to experiment with PhoenixMiner at some point because I was able to get ~47.5 per card, but there was random instability causing crashes. More than likely it’s a limitation of the cards with 16GB of memory, but I’m hoping some power settings and minor changes in memtweak will create stability.

I finally go hiveos working. I’m using teamred miner because phoenix wasn’t working. I’m doing 44mh on each of my vega fe’s. I applied the OC from the miner dashboard, and I’m applying amdtweak using a startup script.

@shell3r @chmichael
For anyone who wants to apply amdtweak settings at boot, you can do the following:
echo “#!/usr/bin/env bash” > /root/amdtweak.sh
echo “amdtweak --i 0,1 --ref 17500 --rfc 300” >> /root/amdtweak.sh
chmod +x /root/amdtweak.sh
echo “sh /root/amdtweak.sh” >> /root/.bashrc

Keep in mind that the second line is whatever your settings are for amdtweak.
The third line makes the file that was made with the first and second command executable.
And the fourth command is what makes the script run for you at boot.
Make sure when you run the fourth command and the second command you use “>>” and not just “>” otherwise it will overwrite the entire file, and all we want to do is append whats being echoed to the bottom of the file. If you overwrite the entire .bashrc file by accident hiveos may stop working properly, so make up a backup of that first if its your first time doing this kind of thing.

2 Likes

echo “#!/usr/bin/env bash” > /root/amdtweak.sh

bash: !/usr/bin/env: event not found

i get an error trying to use first line of code. any idea why ?

did you include the “#”?
full line should be:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

1 Like

i did all the commands and i can confirm that /root/amdtweak.sh file is written and the /root/.bashrc has the amdtweak.sh at the end of file but when I reboot the settings are set to default again

Back on HiveOS - Can’t get to 45 MH/s with the FE anymore, however I’m stable with these settings at ~44.6:
Core:1100
VCore:890
Mem:1100
VMem:890

amdmemtweak --i 0,4,6,7,10 --CL 19 --RAS 28 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 10 --RC 44 --RP 14 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --WR 15 --RRDSD 3 --REF 17500 --RFC 300

2 Likes

Hey all, first post, here.

I have an 8x Vega FE setup. One card needs to be repasted, as it will throttle, but it is hashing OK.
All other cards are hashing at 41.64 MH/S. Total rig is hashing at 328 MH/s stable at around 1370w.

For whatever reason, I am not able to apply any voltage settings to the cards and remain stable, and/or see a change in power draw. I have tried different power targets, as well as applying voltage tweaks through Hive. Unfortunately, no dice for me. I am running v06-199 and teamredminer. FYI, yes, I did try to apply the voltage settings while the miner was stopped, then a hard reboot. This still did not work for me. Voltages stayed at 220w.

The only way I was able to achieve my personal results was through trial and error. These steps had to be followed in this exact order, or the results would not generate. Though, I can verify that the rig will replicate the same results every time if done like the below.

1. Before miner starts, set all cards’ target power to 170w and fan to desired level. I set my fans to 92% as I have a dedicated mining office. Noise isn’t an issue.
  2. For this to work, I had to modify one GPU first, then set settings to the rest of the cards. I first modified GPU #8 (listed 7) to 1100MHZ core, and 1025MHZ memory.
  3. After GPU #8 applied it’s settings, Hive would actually decrease power across the remaining cards, while attempting to hit the 170w target on GPU #8. The rest of the cards would settle in at around 130w, while GPU #8 had O/C settings applied, and pulled ~170-175W.
  4. Then, I applied these O/C settings to the remaining cards. All cards settle between 165-175W. Aside from the card with the thermal issue, all cards settled in around 38MH/s.
  5. Finally, I then applied amdmemtweak settings. The only two commands I used were --ref 17500 and --rfc 300. Thanks to the users who posted. The wattage increased slightly per card, maybe 2-5W, after the settings were applied. All cards settle in at 41.64MH/s.

As I have tried to bump the memory speed up to the 1100MHZ target, power draw increases. All the cards seem to pull around 200W each. I personally decided it wasn’t worth it and left the cards at the above settings. However, I will say that applying 1100MHZ for both core and memory yielded a 44MH/s result per card.

I hope this helps people who aren’t able to apply voltage settings like me. While the target power % doesn’t seem to be working accurately, it was still able to help me achieve the above results. If anyone has any ideas as to maybe why I am not able to apply voltage properly, please let me know. I’m sure this system has room for a little more performance while using less power.

The only dumb question I have is: Am I supposed to be applying ~890-900mV to Core and Memory (MVDD), or the mem controller (VDDCI)?

Doing “amdtweak --REF 65535 --RFC 300” at 1075 core 1107 mem was able to bring a few of my cards up to 45mh/s. Thank you GearheadNY for that.

A few of my cards have needed 900mv instead of 850mv to run stable, and a few of them have required slower clock speeds. The worst right now is getting 38mh/s at 1138/1028.

I tried using the B and C modes on teamredminer and I saw no difference in hashrate. If anyone has been able to coax more out of these cards I’d love to hear how you did it! I also bought these back in 2017, falling victim to the marketing that these were supposed to be good for blockchain applications.

1 Like

Good work! I couldn’t get my settings for amdmemtweak to stick with 65535 (at the time), so I moved it to 17500. I apply 890 to both core and memory. I have a couple cards that are showing their age, but to be fair I need to refresh the thermal paste and thermal pads on them before I can pass that judgement. Most recently, I replaced the thermal paste on all of my cards and am seeing a much more stable hashrate. Furthermore, I was seeing a lot of invalid shares, so I bumped the RFC up to 320 without any real adverse affects to the current hashrate of ~44.5-44.6 MH/s.

Soon, I’ll be moving these off to a Cryptonight GPU algorithm for some further testing. My estimates on that algorithm are pretty promising for these cards since CN-GPU is independent of memory speed/timings. I’ve always been a bigger fan of CN algorithm because privacy matters to me a lot more. Sadly, Hive seems to be failing me on getting CN-GPU miners set up properly. Might be back to Winblows until I can figure something out.

Happy Hashing.

2 Likes

Hello,
Could you explain your way of ‘old school way’?

I got Vega FE * 3 ea several days ago, tried lots of way at Windows 10, I got 44 M/Hash by 1 ea via Wattman & ADMTweaker, but fail if connect over Vega FE * 2 ea.
so I want to try via Hive OS, so would you explain your way? if it’s difficult, please show me main key word. I will try after searching in web by your key word.

Thank you.

Hello,
Can I know which HiveOS version you use?
I tried with these 4 version, but failed.

• hiveos-0.6-200-beta@210303,
  • hiveos-0.6-190-stable@210108
  • hiveos-vega-0.6-61@190813,
  • hiveos-vega-0.6-101@191210

Could you show me detail? Thanks!

Newbie question - how do you do this in Windows? I thought amdmemtweak was HiveOS/linux utility?

Hello,

i flasht my FE card with a WX 9100 Bios and gained anothre 2 MH. :wink:

amdmemtweak --i 4 --REF 17500 --RFC 300

Unfortunately, the amdmemtwaek command cannot be entered in the overclock tab.

So I’m using hiveos-0.6-190-stable@210108 successfully with 2 vega fe’s alongside a 580,570, and 5500. I was down for a whole day though after troubleshooting what happened when upgrading to the newest version. I cannot get it to work in the newer versions, luckily I had this old copy saved to my harddrive as I don’t even see a download link for it anymore.

these steps worked for me great, went from 37 to 44.39 1100 900/850/0 1100 --ref 17500 --rcf 300 @~145W

Hey guys I have been reading this forum like its the bible today bc I found a deal of a life time in this current market. well at least a pretty great one… Im buying two Vega FE’s tomorrow for 500 dollars along with his PC wednesday for another 500…He needs to do some cleaning off of it dealing with personal files but I already have a rig running on hive 3 vega 56’s and I am looking to add these two FE’s on the rig… Can you guys give me some tips on issues I may run into as it seems these cards have mostly been abandoned by the mining community. I like a great challenge and 90mh for 500 bucks is a steal these days…Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA

ALSO when I say tips I mean issues I may run into setting it up as well as most efficient OC settings to maximum efficiency. I am a real stickler when it comes to the heat and watts of my cards. I dont mine sacrificing 1-2 hash for 5*c lower and 20w lower as well combined so gimme whatcha got and hopefully I can repay the favor somehow in the future!