More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

What's Your AMD Vega FE Settings? HashRate?

All,

Just wondering what you’re getting with your Vega FE? What are your settings? Please use the below templet (My settings):

OS Release Version: 0.6-157@200908
Kernel: 5.6.0-200909-hiveos-beta
AMD Driver: OpenCL 19.30
Pool: Nanopool
Miner: Phoenix miner
Overclocking settings: all default except fan set to 70%

Haserate: 36ish MH

Can the Vega FE do better than 36MH? If so, how? Should it be treated like a Vega 64/56?

Any advice/tips would be appreciated!

With the below, I am able to get 39.800ish MH stable… new to Hiveos… as you can see.

amdmemtweak --CL 16 --RAS 30 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 5 --RC 44 --RP 10 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 5 --FAW 20 --CWL 7 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 16 --WRRD 1 --RDWR 19 --REF 17550 --MRD 8 --MOD 15 --PD 8 --CKSRE 10 --CKSRX 10 --RFC 300

Anytime I try to do any overclock settings, I either get no hashing… or something like 6.3MH…

same. any time i touch the clocks it crashes.
I have it running stock clocks and just setting fans to 100% and power limit to 120W i get around 34MH/s on teamredminer ethash

with that amdmemtweak can you drop your power down from 220W and have it stay stable?

220 seems very high

This is mine. I agree it’s been a headache, but i can get higher speeds. I leave 75 at night 55 day. When i go to about 80-90 fan speed i get 41 sometimes.I could not get amdmemtweak to work in hiveos so i did it the old school way. Trail and error.

For anyone who is having trouble with vega FE, sorry i am running on windows 10. Just wanted to share some info regarding these cards.

Single Vega FE with samsung mem stock bios

1000/850mv to core

1100/850mv to memory

powerlimit 0%

running 62 to 65 deg C on room temperature, fans @ 70%

amdmemtweak default values, only change tREF from 3900 to 15000

Adrenaline 17.12 drivers

Windows 10 with KMD_IsGamingDriver registry mod

Phoenix Miner 5.3b on ETH - 44.44MH/S @ 140W from miner 48hrs stable with 0 reject shares

Hope this helps anyone on vega FE.

18hrs still running

god bless you man

do you mind checking my settings? i finally got my vega fe to mine with your post but its mining at 35 mhs
teamredminer 0.8.1

Thank you @MinerF.
For anyone else reading this, if you want to get more than one card to work with the gaming driver, you have to make additional regedits to 0002 ( for the second card ) to get the gaming driver to load when installing more than one card. the regedits to \0000 only effect the card in pci slot one. On my rig 0001 is a bunch of config files for games it looks, but 0002 has the same options as 0000 and those are for the second card I have. Both are plugged straight into mb. Have yet to try this on risers.
Both vega fes hashing 44ish at 120w each thanks to your help MinerF. Thanks again.

@shell3r
he is using phoenix miner. I got about the same hashrate as you are getting when using teamred. I also got a good 40+ hash using gminer just for the record. But teamredminer only gave me around 35 just like you. Try using the phoenix version he mentions and see if it improves it for you.

2 Likes

No worries, glad it actually help.

I actually bumped up my tREF to 17500 and reduced by tRFC to 300 and got stable with 45mhs stable for a week.

Cheers

Yeah, ob7 is right. You should try Phoenix miner and there should be a slight difference.

Your settings seems good, you can actually play around with the power limit to get an optimal hash to power ratio.

1 Like

My amdmemtweak settings for anyone who wants some reference with VEGA FE samsumg mem. Ongoing tweak a bit here and there for improvements.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply mate.

i switched to PhoenixMiner version you use, also copied your amdmemtweak settings, its mining at 27MH and 78c

but it starts mining with 40mh but i lowers and stables at 27

moved my gpu to hiveos rig and BAM it got all fixed. gotta tune alittle bit to get that 40mhs