More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 OC Settings Explained For 55 MH/s

I can just tell you what to do step by step.

First, know the make and manufacturer or your card.
Second, go to www.techpowerup.com and find the bios for your card. It is always safe to go with an AMD bios, as they cover all Vega 56 cards.
Third, make sure your miner is NOT mining. Go to the “cards” tab on your farm homepage, and locate the card you wish you bios mod.
Fourth, click on the link that says “VBIOS ROM Storage” which is right next to the link that says “Cards”.
Fifth, upload the bios you just downloaded from techpowerup.
Sixth, click on the 3 dot haptic next to the card you wanna bios mod, and click “Select VBIOS”.
Seventh, click both of the round button haptic at the bottom that say “Reboot After Flash” and “Force flashing ignoring security checking”.
Eighth, click the “Select” button that displays the bios you uploaded.
Ninth, click on the button that says “Flash Cards”, to the right it should say “1 prepared to flash VBIOS”.

And then you’re done. The card will read as whatever manufacturers bios you uploaded, so it’s good to remember the original bios and have that as backup.

But that’s the process! Vielen Glück!

Thank you @Mushugana. Your settings worked perfectly fine for me. I’m getting exactly 55.04mhs on my Vega.
Cheers from Brazil!

1 Like

@Weiler thanks. If you don’t care about electricity costs you can raise the core some where between 1100-1200 and get around 56-58 M/h depending how your card maximum core setting is before it crashes.

Start with basic settings. There is no mod for Vega cards. You will need to 1-tweak the overclock settings and then 2-amdmemtweak settings those are your mods. I would start with a fresh flash of the bios for your card from tech power up. Read @KosherMiner post it is spot on for the bios flash. If the bios flash doesn’t help. Get the AMD bios for card and try that one. See if there is a change. If you can’t get the board running better then you lost the silicon lottery. I hope you get it going.

Alan

Hi there!

Thank you for the info, how far can we go with the memory clock?

After 15 hours, no incorrect shares. You think we could try 1050?

damn - i look the pictures a third time and see the switch middle position for oc … i didnt before ^^ i only switched left or right.
no i need to try with middle position, then i will tell you

@Mushugana, hello again!

Since yesterday, it started to get too many invalid shares, almost 1 per hour.

What settings do you suggest to change?

Thanks.Captura

Start tracking up your rcdrd. Do you run it in high sample mode to check for errors at a faster rate?

How high should you take the RCRDR? I am up to 16 and things don’t seem to really be improving from 14. Still getting 1 invalid every 2-3 hours.

Is there another setting that I should try changing?

Can you show me all your settings?

Try these: amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 14 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65000 --RFC 249 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12

Go for 1100/850/1025.

That setting should get you 55. From there, dial down your rcdrd if you get too many invalids. Or, also, dial down the voltage. So go for like 1100/850/1000.

Some cards can’t hit that high. You’ll have to dial them down to hit the sweet spot.

Thanks, I will give that a shot tomorrow and see how it goes. Although when I tried a strap with rc 36 before the whole card would crash instead of just invalids.

Tried those straps and for some reason RC 36 does not get along with my cards. They seem to hard crash like that, with RC 37 my hash is a bit lower but only have had issues with invalids so far.

Testing this right now:

1080/850/1020

problem card:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 14 --RCDWR 12

After 28 hours yesterday I ended up with 8 invalids but was using RCDRD 16 then. It was only a 0.5% invalid ratio so trying 14 rcdrd since it seemed to have about the same invalid ratio.

Better card:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

After 28 hours yesterday I ended up with 0 invalids, I tried rcdrd 10 but the card crashes instantly. Anything else I can try on it besides dropping voltage?

Any other timings I should mess with besides RC and RCDRD?

Voltage doesn’t seem to have a big effect on invalids?

That’s strange because my cards are the opposite. They hate 37. I always see better stability messing with voltage and rcdrd for Vegas. I keep mine pretty high and will only take it down if the invalids persist. I start with 1100/875/1025, and will move down from there. If the invalids keep, my baseline is 1050/850/950 and I’ll go up or down from there with rcdrd until I am stable.

Yeah, can’t explain it. Anytime I try RC 36 I get hard crashes but with RC 37 I just get invalids.

I tested a bunch of settings just now but kept getting crashes so back to what I was using yesterday for now and going to try dropping voltage at this point I think.

Wish I could stop the invalids on the problem card, I will try upping RCDRD to 18 and see what effect that has I guess.

Dropping the voltage will lower your wattage but not solve the invalids. More power is better for the memory during test/tune period. Try 900 VDD and test a while with more voltage and see what the invalids do. I tune my cards with 900 VDD till I get them running good then I lower the voltage as the final step to get the lowest wattage with out crashing the card. Hope this helps. My bottom 2-3 cards are hopeless. I gave up on them.

Alan

Yeah, that is basically what I am about to do with this card, seems semi stable with RCDRD 18. No invalids yet after 3 hours. Will let this run overnight and if all goes well might try rcdrd 17 before dropping the voltage.

This is what the problem card is running now:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 18 --RCDWR 12

The other card is odd, on one hand it seems good and easy to tweak but then it will crash if things are not just so. Had it up to 57mh for a bit but trying to dial it in a bit more conservative now.

Running this on the good card now:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

If I can get them stable at the current hashrates I would be happy, gives me a nice round number for the whole rig lol.

I would try bumping the core to 1085 and the memory to 1025 and see what hash rate you end up with. You’re really close. Going up 5 on the memory will make a big difference.

Alan

RC 36
RP 14
RCDRD 20-12 range
REF 65000

Just a little update on this: the card is running strait for 22 hours without any invalid due to a change i made on the core to 850 instead of 840. I was trying to save some watts but the only thing i got was invalid shares. Then i changed back to 850 and no more invalids!!! Let’s hope this is the solution!

Very nice!!!