More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 OC Settings Explained For 55 MH/s

Pretty sure I was using those before I switched to these latest straps. I would get crashes on those, these just give me invalids it seems.

I really have no idea which numbers are the important timings or what effect they have.

I can try yours again tomorrow though, it seems to at least not be crashing right now, so going to leave it like this overnight.

Core 1080 memory 1020. Remove memory voltage. Change core voltage 900 to 850

If invalids raise rcdrd 12 to 13 or 14 in your strap

Alan

1 Like

Ok thanks, I will give it a try.

Lowering the voltage will help? I jacked it in a last ditch effort to make the invalids stop, seemed to have no effect though lol.

The lower voltage will help with your total watt consumption. I have mine down around 800 and getting over 50 mega hash. The two things that create invalid’s are mainly memory overclock and the RCDRD setting. Delete your current straps and select the Samsung strap again and run it. If you get invalid‘s increase the RCDRD to 14.

Hi, you have an idea? Using your settings will crash my rig and no change … only 28mh … no change with other settings

Well, I tried all those settings individually but seems the combo did improve things. Instead of 4 invalids per hour I woke up to 4 invalids after 8 hours.

I will try upping the RCDRD now and see if that improves things further.

It is odd since the other vega 56 has been running at 56mh and no crashes and only 2 invalids after 8 hours, just seems a lot more stable for some reason. It is an MSI airboost and the problem card is just a normal reference style MSI card.

Thanks for the help, finally some kind of improvement lol.

I had crashes running those straps as well, I switched to another one posted earlier in this thread and the crashes seem to of stopped but now chasing down invalid shares. The latest settings that were suggested a few posts up have improved it a lot for me though.

I am now raising the RCDRD to see if that will stop the invalid shares.

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12

Remove strap you should get 44 mh. You could reflash the bios also.

if i remove the tweak strap i earn 27mh :wink:

Try the other bios switch setting and see what it does

where can i find the other bios?

Flip the micro switch on the card. Between the 8 pin plug and hanger.

3 Likes

I Found 2 switches - on/off - i think its the light
and red/blue … is this the bios? … no idea :wink: didnt find more switches

i´m blind - i found this well hidden small thing :wink:

but not its shown as vega 64 and no more 56

and only 22mh on eth mining … no effect with oc - same as before, only lower hash

Have you bios modded it yet?

Well, I ended up raising the RCDRD to 14 and combined with the other settings it greatly improved the invalids but still getting them.

After 24 hours I ended up with 10 invalids on the problem card, nothing on the other one. I am testing upping the RCDRD to 15 now. Hashrate has dropped due to this of course, sitting around 54mh.

Should I just keep raising the RCDRD or is there another setting I should try changing to prevent invalids / improve hashrate? 55mh/card would be great I think.

Thanks again for the help.

Basically, yes. This is the best way to test the hardware faults. Track it down until you have 0 over 24 hours. That’s what I’ve done with mine. Some can’t take that high mh. I’ve dialed some down a good bit, but my rigs are stable 100 percent of the time.

My first question was, if i only need settings or have to mod something :slight_smile:
So its clear i didnt do anything for any mod.
They only told me about that switch on the card … that changes nothing :wink:
Can you pls tell me where to find a guide for modding (i think bios?)

1 Like