More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

Straps have nothing to do with the miner, so yes, you can apply straps for whatever miner you use.
If something is unstable and/or reboots, you should first check if your overclocking is stable without straps, and if your max overclock runs stable for 24h then you can start with straps. If the straps make it unstable, then you should apply different straps. Please note that there are lots of different straps depending on if you have a 56 or 64, or hynix or samsung memory. And even then, every card is different; what is stable on one might not be on a different one.
Vega’s, you love 'em or hate 'em :nerd_face:

1 Like

Unfortunately my glass sphere is not functioning today :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: What settings have you applied?

LOL, I originally copied from the OP.
Here’s current:

Also something to note; this card BIOS was originally a Vega 56 which the previous owner upgraded to 64.

Please note that you’re still running the 64 bios. The whole point of this topic is to flash it to a corresponding 56 bios. On a 64 bios you can go much higher in clocks (1050 up to 1107), but on that bios you won’t be able to achieve the same as the OP.

So a BIOS flash back to 56 would bring me up to near 50MH/s?

That’s odd because if I use TRM and I apply the straps it gives me around 52MHs but if I change to lolminer and I apply the same straps I only get 42MHs.

BIOS flash and some tweaking later and it’s sitting happily at 50MH/s. Cool, thanks for the help!

Straps and miners are 2 different things.
TRM is the best miner for AMD and will get you a nice extra MH boost compared to other miners. But the difference seems very big… I haven’t tried lolminer before though…
And the straps you load on top of them should augment the MH by the same amount, no matter what miner.

TRM is very unstable with my rig and reboots every few hours. Lolminer works flawlessly for days with the same OCs. The vega 56 without straps performs equally in both miners but when I apply the straps in TRM I get about 10 extra MHs and with lolminer only 2-3

OK, now stable at 49.45 MH/s. Increased RCDRD from 18 to 19 and increased mem clock from 940 to 960 MHz.

This is with TRM. I used lolminer before with 4GB cards since lolminer has best zombie mode. Now switched back to TRM to have high hashrate on 8GB rx5xx and Vega.

@jc_hive which memory brand and which timings?

Nope, trying to get stock Gigabyte Gaming OC Vega 56 & Vega 64 (flashed to 56 BIOS) up past 45.4m/hs is killing me :upside_down_face:

yo :wave:

I have a Gigabyte Gaming OC Vega 64 (Samsung memory) flashed to this bios:
https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/205662/gigabyte-rxvega56-8192-180102

I can’t get it past 45.52MH/s. It’s driving me crazy. All my other Vega’s I can get past 52MH/s+

I can’t seem to improve this mem tweak, any suggestions?
GPU 1: Vega 10 XL/XT [Radeon RX Vega 56/64] pci:0000:08:00.0
Memory state: 800MHz
Memory: Samsung HBM2
Memory vendor and model 61AB1A9C
Timing 1: CL: 17 RAS: 27 RCDRD: 13 RCDWR: 8
Timing 2: RCAb (RC): 39 RCPb (RC): 39 RPAb (RP): 12 RPPb (RP): 12
Timing 3: RRDS: 4 RRDL: 5 RTP: 5
Timing 4: FAW: 13
Timing 5: CWL: 6 WTRS: 3 WTRL: 7
Timing 6: WR: 13
Timing 7: RREFD: 7
Timing 8: RDRDDD: 3 RDRDSD: 2 RDRDSC: 1 RDRDSCL: 3
Timing 9: WRWRDD: 3 WRWRSD: 2 WRWRSC: 1 WRWRSCL: 3
Timing 10: WRRD: 1 RDWR: 17
Timing 12: REF: 3120
Timing 13: MRD: 8 MOD: 12
Timing 14: XS: 216
Timing 16: XSMRS: 6
Timing 17: PD: 6 CKSRE: 8 CKSRX: 8
Timing 20: RFCPB: 128 STAG: 7
Timing 21: XP: 6 CPDED: 2 CKE: 6
Timing 22: RDDATA: 16 WRLAT: 4 RDLAT: 14 WRDATA: 1
Timing 23: CKESTAG: 2
RFC Timing: RFC: 208

Hello everyone and thanks for your guide vsimovic.

Just got a sapphire vega 56. It’s running at 44.22 mh/s actually. I tried pretty much every strap posted by different users and all of them just make TRM and the card restart.
Anybody has this problem or knows a solution?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Have the same thing with a Sapphire Card. NITRO+? No strap applies to it. ZERO.

Yes it’s a nitro + with hynix memory.
After some tweaking I managed to get it up to 48.8 mh/s but I still get 2-3% invalid.
If I push the memory to 960, I can’t get the RCDRD below 19. At 950, It can go down to 17. So that’s my balance for now. I just got it so I’ll try further tweaking soon.

amdmemtweak --cl 20 --ras 23 --rcdrd 17 --rcdwr 11 --rc 34 --rp 13 --rrds 3 --rrdl 4 --rtp 6 --faw 12 --cwl 7 --wtrs 4 --wtrl 4 --wr 11 --rfc 164 --REF 17000

Is the driver somehing that should be looked at?
If anyone has any idea on how to improve this setup, plz let me know. Thank you!

and it doesnt restart?

Hello everyone and thanks for your guidance, Vsimovic.

I comment on my scenario with a Vega 56 in case someone can help me.
First of all say that this is the best configuration I have achieved:

It is a Vega 56 with Samsung memory (not Vega 64 with 56 drivers). I have not made any modifications in BIOS. In this setup I have not applied any strap. As you can see, the consumption is too high and also the temperature in a regular mode of operation. I use TRM.

I have tried applying two different straps both by command and by setting them on boot as explained at Help with xinit.user.sh and saving Amdmemorytweak strap .
These would be the configurations of those straps:
amdmemtweak --i 2 --CL 20 --RAS 22 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 36 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 5 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 - -WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 65000 --RFC 249
amdmemtweak --i 2 --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

If I apply the strap on command, TRM reboots and the worker stops and loses connection, as some of you do. I have to reboot it manually and once restarted it works again because the straps are not applied as explained by Vsimovic in the guide.
If I set the strap on start, TRM also stops and the same thing happens a few seconds after the worker starts. Even if you reboot multiple times, this happens over and over again, so the worker is no longer operational.
I have also tried different OC settings in case they were incompatible with the new strap, without success.
This is the error I get in TRM:

Thanks you so much, anything can be of great help to me. Be happy.

As I just posted in another answer, the same thing happens to me. It’s not a Sapphire though. For now I have no solutions.

my cards are AMD and MSI. So, when doing Gigabyte, I’d start slower.
teamredminer/ETHASH_TUNING_GUIDE.txt at master · todxx/teamredminer · GitHub check this file
–RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RC 38 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 4 --REF 21000 start with this strap first

2 Likes