More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

These both worked for me:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/194443/amd-rxvega56-8176-170730

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/207056/msi-rxvega56-8192-180316

1 Like

I think --enable_compute is only for TRM on Windows.
In Linux distros like hiveos it has no advantage.

These Vegas are driving me crazy. Been trying to get my rig stable with 2 of them. Nightmare. They have conflicts with other cards if they share a pice pair. They crash team red miner unless I manually apply straps. And occasionally one just won’t start at boot. I have just put everything on low overclock and hopefully it just keeps going. If anyone has tips it would be appreciated.

Thanks mate…
I am able to flash them on my Sapphire Vega 64 successfully but they do not mine stable so for now I reverted back to stock for now. Though my Asus Vega 64 flashed to Vega 56 Bios and they are perfectly mining fine. I guess Sapphire having some technical issue.
But I will keep trying on that.

I found the MSI one the most stable. Don’t know if you’ve tried both AMD and MSI ones?

As you have that Asus 64 working fine on 56 bios, I guess you already know that you have to re-do the overclocking process to get a stable card first before even playing with straps as the clocks of the 64 won’t work on the 56.

Can you then please share some more info? What clocks are they set to? What brand and types are they? What bios are they running?

So you mean you installed MSI Bios to Sapphire Cards?
Do they work that way?

As so far I only was aware that Bios should match with manufacturer. For Ex. I can only flash Sapphire Vega 64 with Sapphire Vega 56 bios.
Normally what I did with ASUS ROG Radeon RX Vega 64 cards,

1. removed all straps and overclock. Then reboot system.
  2. Applied ASUS Radeon RX Vega 56 Bios to ASUS ROG Radeon RX Vega 64
  3. Then applied Overclocks and Straps suggested here.
    amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RAS 35 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --FAW 12 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

I know temps are very high but where i live its hot here. I can not run AC otherwise It will increase electricity cost.

If I can try MSI bios on Sapphire then I will try it again that way.

You are also right, I was trying to use same OC settings which I was running stable on Vega 64, after flashing to Vega 56 bios.
You gave me valid reason to try it again with new OC first for flashed Vega 56 and once i get stable OC then i apply straps. Kudos mate.

Well, yes, normally that’s what I do too, but when something isn’t working good enough it doesn’t hurt to try other biosses, and all those reference cards are the same design, even the MSI Airboost who looks slightly different has the same components inside as the other reference cards. I don’t really remember how many different brands of reference cards I have, but I have Powercolor, Sapphire, Gigabyte, AMD and MSI ones; and I’ve flashed them all to the MSI bios.
With other than reference cards, I would stick to the same manufacturer bios indeed.

2 Likes

buddy do you have the settings for your windows cards? I am currently on 48 mh/h on my vega 56 with windows.

Hey Thanks for sharing, this is great! Been looking for a way to break 52 with no invalids and this worked! Just used your straps and OCs on GPU 1, a Vega 64 flashed with the reference 56 bios “…-102”. Uptime just passed 24 hours, no invalid shares and no downtime! I did have to bump up VVD, to keep it stable.

Are your cards 64’s flashed to 56 or 56’s?

2 Likes

HI,
I have been following this thread for a while. I have a Powercolor Vega 64. I decided to flash the bios to a Vega 56. My choices from Techpowerup.com are shown below. I loaded them individually and added the the following clocking and straps.

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239
FAN 65
CORE 1075
VDD 850
MEM 950

Was getting a few auto reboots from teamredminer so I would try the next ROM in the list. When I installed the Red Dragon ROM and rebooted I am not getting any activity from the miner. When I hook a monitor up to the rig I am not getting a signal. Have rebooted a couple of times and tried to upload other ROMS or my factory ROM with no luck.

Any insight is appreciated, starting to freak out a bit.
Thanks much
Lakedawgs

bro,
I tried again and flashed all vega 64 with 56 msi bios as you suggested. After 20 hrs of continues working on overclock I found a sweet spot.
But i am not happy with results except it has lowered my power consumption than vega 64.

I am not able to run stable with Mem more than 870.
Is there anything i am missing? Because In Vega 64 I was able to run all cards at 960 Mem and with amdtweak they were doing 48MH

any suggestion would be great. :+1:

That’s a very low mem clock for a 64; when I had mine on 64 bios I had them around 1080. Now on 56 bios they are around 960.
I do have my core clocks higher though, at 1110.

1 Like

Hey, cool!
Yeah VDD can be a bit tricky, never managed to get them to run under 840…so i think that’s pretty much the limit(lowest i have seen other people run is 835)

My cards are orignal 56 (first release) reference cards… I believe these are the exact same boards as the early 64.

1 Like

Is it because of Vega 56 bios? may be vega 56 has max limit of 900 mem and clocking more than that make it unstable? whats your current oc for msi 56 bios on vega 64 samsung?

1 Like

My 64’s run this MSI bios at 1110 core, 850 vdd & 960 mem

1 Like

mine are 5x 56s and 1 64 flashed to 56 :slight_smile: Glad to hear it helped :wink:

1 Like

Does your card have a dual BIOS switch? Maybe try that?

No. Vega 56 can go higher. Some of mine even worked good on 980 mem

1 Like