More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

That seems good. Try first CL 19. Then after a day add rc 35 :slight_smile:

Anyone with a gigabyte vega 56 has a 50mh+ stable set up?

Hello,

i m not able to set my vega’s in B mode. im getting the folowing error massage. “GPU 0 Driver does not allow large allocations. Ethash B mode is not supported on driver that do not allow large allocations. switching gpu to a mode.”

can someone please help me?

thx

After a lot of struggle and help of you, I succeeded in bringing it up to 47,3!
PS. for the ones who had the same problem as me, in the end I just flashed hive beta on the stick and it worked for me! Hope this will help someone :slight_smile:

Currently using this >>

amdmemtweak --gpu2 --cl 18 --ras 23 --rcdrd 20 --rcdwr 11 --rc 34 --rp 13 --rrds 3 --rrdl 4 --rtp 6 --faw 12 --cwl 7 --wtrs 4 --wtrl 4 --wr 11 --rfc 164 --REF 17000

Having same results changing those. Its not bad but im trying to get 0 rejected. Maybe i should try increasing rcdrd to 13/14?

HI
How you set this in B mode ?

in windows it is easy. just add “–eth_config=B” in your batch file.
if i try this in hiveos it result in the error massage. :-/

vega 56 stock :
core clock 1062
core voltage 850
memory clock 960
fan 60%

amdmemtweak --i 0 --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

hash stable : 50.73

hii,
can you show a screenshot of this overclock… im using 2 vega 64 and it my first time mining

The last one is a Vega 64 with 56 bios.
Straps

• Samsung
    amdmemtweak --gpu 0,1,2,4,5 –CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239
  • Hynix
    amdmemtweak --gpu 3 --CL 19 --RAS 22 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 4 --RC 35 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 4 --FAW 12 --CWL 6 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 65000 --RFC 249

another question:
actually i set the amdmemtweak by edit the nano /home/user/xinit.user.sh

i have seen in my ios HiveOS app i can set the amdmemtweak string in the overclockings tab.
at my chrome browser there is no option. See picture

IOS APP

Chrome

is this normal? I would like to ad the amdmemtweak via overclock. so i could disable the gui.
Any suggestions?

thx

2 Likes

Hi Cr0001, I tried a lot with your settings, but there seems to be no way to reach out 54Mh/s with a vega 56 and your settings. could you be a little bit more precise.
e.G: post an

amd-info
and a teamredminer status output, becaue i think, that 1000 core is not able to go beyond 50MH/s, so there has to be some more setting to reach the 54
This would be very nice of you. :smiley:

To everyone who is having issues trying to achieve the 54 MH/s rates, you need to understand there are different tolerances with each card manufactured. My results were based on using quality Vega hardware (MSI and Sapphire to start) and all use Samsung memory.

I did build another Vega 56 rig that has 8 Gigabyte Vega 56 reference cards. I used the 2018 version Gigabyte BIOS from TechPowerUp and applied the same straps and OC settings. This produced identical results as my first Vega rig, made up of both MSI and Sapphire cards.

To those who are having issues with their configurations, there are a few things to keep in mind:

• Each card has different tolerances, so expect minor variations from card to card
  • My rigs use reference design cards, all with Samsung memory
  • My rigs have 240v power applied using platinum rated power supplies (no shortage of power)
  • I have my mining setup in a well ventilated grow tent that gets chilled air 24/7
  • I’ve read through many HiveOS pages and most of the miner usage documents to be more familiar with the setup I have. Spend time and do your own research. It goes a long way.

To the newbies who are here trying to accomplish these same results, you need to educate yourself on how these cards perform with undervolting and overclocking, as well as understanding that reference design cards typically do perform better than the aftermarket/modified blower cards you see from PowerColor, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.

Some of you have posted some interesting information regarding your undervolt and OC settings and I will say I’ve never been able to run a Vega card below 835mv in OC settings. I’d recommend leaving your mv at 850 and tinkering with your core and mem clock settings to fine tune reliable hashrates.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice,

mi bigest problem is the B Mode in hive os.

In windows there is no such problem. Edit the Batch file and boom… @ windows i get 54.5 MH/s with my settings. Same settings in hive os will result in 53.5MH/s. i hope B mode will result in sligtly bette performance by less power consumption.

I can ad “eth_config=B” in the tunings tab. but this result in the following error massage.

Assuming you didn’t misconfigure anything, the only thing I can think of is to try the stable image, versus the beta.

You could also try to reinstall your BIOS in HiveOS, apply the OC settings, then start the miner.

I have an ASUS AREX STRIX OC Vega 56 and I tried all the oc u had posted and I can’t get more than 40,2 mhs. I think I’ve tried the straps but I’m not sure if I have done right. I also tried to change the bios to MSI bios but didn’t make any difference. I’ll appreciate if you can help me.

Ok m problem was that when I put the strap I didn’t write --gpu0. So know I can get 46mh but I’d like to get those 50mh at least.

try this straps with 1080 core and 1020 maybe with 1025 memory. VDD @ 850 in if all works you can try to lower the VDD.

Try also tuning the team red miner with following commands. --enable_compute --eth_config=B

And important use Team Red miner in your flight sheet

1 Like

that was the problem. switched to stable client an all works like a charm

Thanks for the tip

Hello Rocco1180,

Just for you to know, to use --eth_config=B, you need at least OpenCL driver v20.30 (or something close).
The v20.40 is included in the HiveOS image 0.6-190 (210108), and not in the Beta one, that’s why it now works correctly for you.

I also had OC troubles with the Beta image, the OC weren’t applying correctly, leading to poor hashrate and way too high electrical consumption.

So i managed to get 53(54 if i push memory further) mhz stable on msi and sapphire reference cards with teamred, however the had to change the BIOS on the sapphire card to get it to take the straps in combination with overclocks.
With the old bios i barely managed to get 920 on the memory, from amd info the only difference i could see was SOC state was set 960 versus 1028 on the older bios.

Cards:

So the BIOS used is: 113-D0500300-101

Straps: amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RAS 26 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12 --RC 38 --RP 12 --RRDS 3 --RRDL 5 --RTP 6 --FAW 12 --CWL 8 --WTRS 4 --WTRL 9 --WR 13 --REF 24000 --RFC 239

Core: 1080
VDD: 840
Mem: 1000

2 Likes

I’ve also noted differences between devices and browsers. Some show certain fields and some don’t… It’s inconsistent…

Also, the ‘amdmemtweak’ you see in there is only for the REF (refresh rate) and not for the entire strap (see hiveos documentation). Entire straps should indeed be given in command line or xinit.user.sh.
It would be a great addition from hiveos team if we could add the straps right there though…