More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

yes,I think I should experiment with different straps and oc values
Thanks for your suggestions :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So… I switch the BIOS to the other side and tried default straps and it’s a crash!!!

I flashed these VGA Bios Collection: Sapphire RX Vega 56 8 GB | TechPowerUp BIOS.
(VBIOS Version: 016.001.001.000.000000)

my old straps :

amdmemtweak --CL 21 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 13 --CWL 7 --FAW 12 --RAS 23 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 20 --RCDWR 14

I am getting high invalid shared. it is around 98.50% accepted shared… Rejected are around 100 in 24 hrs… cannot pass 48ish… I just can’t figure out what to do!!

yes, indeed-- now after few days with two ref 56 i have noticed this,cooling on those cards is really bad,im running fan on the other one now 85% and still mem temp +75 :confused: Allso both ref card are consuming more than 5W more compared to aftermarket 56´s. My straps are giving with core 1130 mem 1020 55mh. What is your experience, should i just back down with mem or…? imho, these card are running too hot for long run.

##edit## tried several differen vbios´s from amd,msi and one was for Dataland ref model, no difference in consumption or hash, tried allso amd bios with soc power 150W when others are 165W…that was a no go. Is there after market thermal pads etc…how about possibility that thermal paste have dried out and does not conduct heat so good anymore…any advice for modding cooling on these would be much aprreciated

All my reference cards that came near 70°C I’ve repasted with Noctua NT-H2; I’ve bought the “big” 10g syringe, but they also have 3.5gr:

This gave a temperature decrease on those cards of 5 up to 10°C.

1 Like

okay, this is same i have used on my cpu´s, im out of it now… Il get one syringe and do both ref 56´s.
Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

:rofl:

I also applied some nail polish on those little parts aside the GPU/HBM like the guy in this video:

Don’t know if it is necessary though…

And here is a Gigabyte Gaming OC repaste video:

Haven’t repasted those though as they cool better from the start.

1 Like

Don’t expect miracles though, the ref cards temps might go down, but their fans will still spin higher than the aftermarket cards to keep those temps down.

if u have managed to keep them -+70 with these mods thats fine by me :+1:

yes, but that’s with ambient temperatures up to 20°C.
I’m afraid of summer temps that can go >30°C.

sure, when we had some really hot days a few weeks ago, all gpu temps were up like 10deg. Had all the fans and blowers that i could find from the house moving air from mining dungeon and it was hot,normally our downstairs is cool,now its like sauna,should come up with some solution to collect and distribute all that heat around the house when winter comes :smiley:

I’m also thinking about that :smiley: better use the heat useful :sunglasses: but that’s a bit much off topic here :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hello,

try 1225 core 800 vdd and 847 memory. Some cards need more than 800mV
Dont forget the straps samsung or hynix.

happy mine… should give you around 160 to 170 mh in Ergo

Running a Vega 56 Nano single fan Power Color (no-bios-mod) at 53 with this strap:
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

I heard about people running this card at 55 but could find a stable setup at this pace (and I’m still concerned about the temperature, the fans are running at full throttle and the cards still hot. Later I’ll try @oni advise)

This is the card I have, anyone mining with the same Vega 56 has any advise?
Vega56NanoPowerColor

My TeamRedMiner setup, I couldn’t find if this temperature parameter change something.
Is there anyone mixing Vega 56 with other GPU in the same miner? It seems that the miner doesn’t work well if I put my 6800 together with my 56s
Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 11.24.26

Hello, Ty for the information, so I applied like you said but it didnt change anything and then made the gpu crash

maybe i have bad amdmemtweak ?

1 Like

I reboot it without amdmemtweak and apply like the setting you said it didnt crash but i dont get 160

Use team Red miner. If any card crash @startup then adjust the VDD

I can mine ergo with team red miner ?

TY mate, that come from the heart, you literally made my day !

Been messing with OCs for a day on ERGO, I dont think the DMP state works on the Vegas and MDPM is set to 3 by mem clock value so pretty sure setting those states in HiveOS does nothing.

I noticed pushing past 170-180mh it takes alot of watts, not sure how much its worth a couple extra hash. Temps get real high if you up SOC to 1028 see GPU 3 below.

@Rocco1180 what OCs you running?

with 5xx cards there is difference with states,u maybe meant that they dont do nothinjg with vega´s?

1 Like