More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Vega 56 and Vega 64 guide

ya TRM guide for the vegas says to lock core and mem state but cant figure out how to do that in HIveOS

okay, i havent noticed that on trm guide… must read it thru again tomorrow. Do u mean like locking Mem to state P3 and Core P7… to highest states? I have been in belive that when not Setting states gpu can use required one… but there is a default state for Mem when Mem voltage is not set, right… options 0-1-2 states. For Core default was 5 if vdd is not set, but we do set vdd so… max state 7…1-7, so how gpu uses Core states when not set by user.? more study! let us know what u find out :v:

Hi,

1225MHz Core 800-820 VDD and 847 Memory. 1330MH@1260W

But the cards are jumping a litle bit in hashrate. I think this is a unstable Core clock.

3 Likes

Nice those are really efficient, might try those out soon. I’ve had the same thing happening with hash rate moving quite a bit with much different settings. In the miner after 24 hours I’m averaging 1050mh on the AMD cards so I think it just an issue with reporting the hashrate. Have been getting quite a bit of reject shares, but on very aggressive settings.

1 Like

interesting, havent tried ergo yet, so is vega´s with same straps with ergo?

I bought a few Vega 64 recently but some were detected as Vega Pro V320. It could not mine with TRM and were not able to flash to any other BIOS in Hiveos. Did anyone encounter the same problem? What is your solution?
Vega Pro V320b.PNG

That’s great @ss-silver.
Apart from these oc, did you do apply any other changes ?

this card have 16gb hbm2 memory. you can try to flash it to a vega Frontier Edition. Vega FE will work with TRM.

Good luck

hi, thanks for posting your ssettings for Ergo. I see that there is same values for samsung and hynix, are these settings aggressive or more gentle…just trying to figure out what would be good starting values so that ill gett rig mining…i tried these and the ines Silver posted, but my cards didnt fired up…so too high for my setup or ?? Is there some extra configs beside normal flightsheet stuff that needs to be set for vega to work with Ergo ?.. would be nice to give it a shot…i usually mine all new coins for a while that i find interesting and set up flight sheet and oc template for future use :slight_smile:

1 Like

same straps I was using for ETH, no other changes besides OCs.

@Smining570 if its not mining at all, I needed to use woolypooly for the pool, nanopool would not mine but Woolypooly started right up. If its starting then crashing you need more VDD for that card.

2 Likes

I think I figured out what is going on here. Each time a new job is received, TRM says the GPUs are generating a table, then you see the hash rate drop immediately. I kept an eye on the miner it stays at full hash rate until yellow block of generating table show up then hash rate drops for a bit then returns to full hash rate.

tried with vega rig and the other with 5xx cards, couldnt det either to mine. Dont want to loose more time from eth mining so must try again later whaen i have more details about settings for Ego. thanks for the info :slightly_smiling_face:

My gigabyte vega64(flash to 56) can’t run stable on ERG TT
core 1225 vdd850 mem 847
don’t use timming and tried every timing that i know.

what timings that i can do? any suggest?

Gigashit Windforce 2? If so, sorry man… This ist the worst card i have ever tried to use. i endet up selling them and buying a other modell…

maybe mor vdd can help. 1225 Caore and 847 Mem should be posible with any card.

I m using standard straps vor Samsung.

Good Luck

try this, core at 1300 vdd 810 mem 955 with straps:

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 11 --RCDWR 11 using lastest vers of TRM as of writting hope to be of help

gaming oc but heat sink same wind force so sad i think i must sell it soon.

mining ERGO graph like this is normal?

yes, even mine is like this, I’m using trm,

Hi everyone,
I also using TRM for ERGO and I have some problems with the hashrate and voltage.
First my 5 Vegas 64 are mining since the 2017 so they are a little tired. My core voltage is not that great.
For ETH 1050Mhz 937mV. For ERG 1450Mhz 950mV. All my cards are water cooled and kept in server room at 18°C. Now, I have two rigs. One, X79 Xeon E5-1680 v2 4x Vega , second one X570 Ryzen 9 5950x 1x Vega.
All my Vegas 64 are on reference PCB. 2 x Sapphire, 2x MSI, 1x unknown. Using HiveOS.
Since the reference Vega 56 bios has a power limit of 165W with my voltage I could not got a 200Mhz within that power limit.
After some research I have found that the bios from VGA Bios Collection: Powercolor RX Vega 56 8 GB | TechPowerUp can be safely flashed to the reference PCB cards lifting up the power limit to 260W.

However I have a problem with one of the cards. It is hashing much slower and somehow the hashrate is limited to around 185MH.
At the beginning of my ERG mining I have started at 165MH and slowly went above 190MH. Except the “0” one. I was at the stock 56 flash. Re-flashed to Powercolor. No change. I thought it is a matter of the monitor which was connected to that card. The same with no monitor. There is no problem with the hashrate on ETH.
So I decided to look into the p-state info since i remembered that mining Lyra2z Vega needed to be at the highest 7th p-state.
Hive OS info states that the default p-state is 5th p-state. https://hiveos.farm/guides-gpu/
But when we OC my Vega is not at 7th or even 5th p-state despite what we set in OC menu.
It can be seen using amd-info tool.

That revealed that my “0” card does not clock to the same freq even that it is set to 1450Mhz.
But despite I tried there is no way to force any of those cards to work on 5th p-state or above even that the freq I set is higher that the one on the higher p-state.
Back in the day I was able to set P-state on Ubuntu but not on HiveOS.
I even tried ohgodatool …
It is not the problem with the driver but with the card itself.
I will explain that later.

Opened today other of my ref 56, it was concuming 136W and running hot compared to all others, temps are normal with blower i have read, but it was way too hot even with 90% fan hardly could keep it under 85deg. So i cleaned up whole gpu, circuit bord etc with propiate cleaner, changed paste and now its running with same settings 117W and temps are around 75 with 85% fan.
I have another one that is drawing 127W…i gonna do that tomorrow.
What a great outcome for a small job like that, couldn´t be more pleased with results :slight_smile:

1 Like