More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

The new RX6600 (tested)

to that topic, anyone got a command which is something like amd oc log or something? I had it but lost and cannot find. Shows how settings were applied last time.

micron vs hynix

3 Likes

What miner do you use?

I have to go back to the LOLminer because TeamBlackMiner had lots of invalid and stales shares.

gminer is best for me in terms of hashrates, teamred most optimal though. this is gminer.

1 Like

my new Non XT 6600

gminer

couldn’t get her to run on TBM for some reason

hallo , everyone here seems to have Hynix memory, but i have some sapphire rx 6600 with micron memory , all these settings cause crashes … do you have some suggestions ? nobody have micron memory ? (same issues with 6600 xt , also with micron )
I can use core 900 mem 950 settings and get 29mh , but with 66w software, that are 25W more then the other 6600 where i use more deeper settings.

I have Micron Sapphire too , and thanks to your setting now is stable , bur power consumption is 47w against your 43w , all the other hynix consumes 39/41w , so i am wasting 20% power for these cards , how is possible ? is that due the silicon lottery ?

TBM works for me with 29,8 - 30,1 MH/s @44W but i had lots of stales and invalids shares. With gminer i had 29,29 MH @42W but some stales where there then i use Team Red 29 MH @41W (9 stales per 20hours)

I do not use fan value in OC but i use “auto fan”

New toy arrived today…(AsMedia ASM1187e chip)

[+5hrs uptime] Yeah, these look mustard. Stable so far. All 6 cards running ok with their normal OCs. I had to up the SoC VDDmax on one PowerColor 6600XT Red Devil by +5mV (to 790mV) but otherwise all ok so far. [Running it in the primary Graphics Card 16x PCIe slot]

2 Likes

1 Like

My original setting were unstable over time

new settings

these SOC frequency and VDD i never used, i am trying , thanks a lot , alter 3 hours seems stable … i will send an update in the next days.

I bought nearly the same and my rig doesnt start at all if its plugged in :wink:

Have you change the SoC for Hynix memory?

Hi @Jays - yes, the SoC settings @niexasadas has shown work on Hynix RAM.

Here are my 6600s with Hynix RAM running tight SoC settings (TeamRedMiner);

You can try this;
or this (if the above crashes);

Hope this helps…

2 Likes

hi @Lalading, what slot have you got the 6-port Splitter card in?

I have it in the 16x slot on the motherboard. PCIE config is set for Auto (it should also work ok if set to PCiE Gen2 although I have not tried this yet)

I have 1 day 6 hours uptime so far.

Maybe double check you have PCIE lanes available…

1 Like

I use core clock 930 for both 6600/xt
Voltage from 625 to 680 (try get it stable first, then start lowering SOC)
VDDCI is minimum 650 and works for all cards (nonXT)
MVDD 1100 for all hynix, 1150 for micron (only had 1) (nonXT)
SoC Frequency 418 for all
SoC VDDmax 765 - minimum, very rarely works stable. Use like 810 at first and find stable Core Voltage, then lower SOC VDDmax until crashes by 5.

1 Like

16x pcie - not working - maybe the card was broken - i sent it back
i run 8 cards on a z390 prime board witz 6 on pcie and 2 on m.2 slots.
thought i could run up to 12 … but now i buildt a new rig.
so i have time until its full if i come back to test because of missing gpu spots :wink:

mate, what is the purpose of changing vddci to lower than 650? I think if you set the settings it says that 650 is applied as it seems to be the minimum .same goes for mvdd, I was using 1000 by mistake, but was actually going to 1100. It seems that 650/1100 is fine for all 6600 hynix cards and shouldnt be moved.

my latest, correct settings, works fine with trm, will see how goes with gminer.

I can confirm that 901 for core clock is fine. so only settings that needs to be changed are core voltage and soc vddmax.

1 Like