More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Selfupgrade failed

I’ve tried reinstalling the OS, but I still can’t run the Selfupgrade command.

Are you using hive-replace?

I use hive os flasher.

try hive-replace -s in the shell, it sounds like your image youre flashing may be corrupt

It take over 14 hours for download, How to make it faster?

its ~ 5 minutes for me on mediocre internet at the moment

not help.
system is not corrupt.

thats after hive-replace completed? what OS version are you on now?

yes just finish with command hive-replace -s
and test to run command selfupgrade

what OS version are you on now?

Same situation here. I’ve just updated to the latest version using hive-replace -l selecting the latest version, and after the reboot selfupgrade command was missing. I’m at the same kernel and os version of the others.

1 Like

Exactly same situation here, hope someone can help

Go here and remove/revoke any unfamiliar sessions/tokens
https://id.hiveon.com/auth/realms/id/account/sessions

Then reflash your drive with the latest stable image

reflash solve it

Do you mean physically reflashing or launching again hive-replace?

Edit: I revoked all the sessions/tokens and then I executed again hive-replace -s. I still have the issue.

Still not resolved

Revoke any unknown sessions

Check router for any open ports that you’re not using

Try reflashing your drive with the latest stable and changing the system password before connecting back to your network

Again? I already revoked any session and token.
About the router ports, how an open port can make the selfupgrade command not working?

Finally, I’m not able to physically reflash the drive of that machine, it is a remote machine.
So you are telling me that the hive-replace command shouldn’t be used, since it can cause such huge problems.

i would do it as many times as you need to. it sounds like your network is compromised in some way. hive-replace works great, but wont stop a virgin install from being compromised again and again if your network isn’t secure. the goal of someone who gains access to your system is to keep it that way, if they remove selfupgrade and any other easy way to get rid of their access.