More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

Again & again. Some clarifications for AMD drivers that used in Hive
AMD drivers consist of two parts:

• OpenCL is a CUDA-like library used in Nvidia GPUs. Unfortunately, starting from version 20.45 and higher, the library is unbalanced and some cards lost support (for example Vega), others did not win in any way in terms of hashrate. Therefore, many mining systems and Hive also use the 20.40
  • On the other hand, support directly at a low level (consider overclocking) is provided by the kernel-level driver, and it is almost identical to latest in the official package from AMD.

FYI, I made an upgrade on ver.@211030 and set up SoC VDDmax for all RX6800 cards at 800mV. In the result, -15W / card on power usage (real consumption ‘from the wall’), it’s a VERY pleasant change :]. Everything is rock stable, after few days I will try to go lower. Hashrate is ± the same, I lost approx. 0.1Mhs per card in the result.

5 Likes

I don’t think he’s referring to the 20.40 vs 20.45 difference, but thanks for this info anyway!

@esoooo
.0701 is hiveos stable
.0825 is hiveos beta
You can go from stable to beta and vice versa with hive-replace. Go to root commando line and type:
hive-replace -y --list
and choose between versions.
Warning, your rig password will be reset with this so you need to set it up again!

with my oc settings it didnt worth on 0.6-211 after this update it fluctuates between 57 and 61mhs, i get 63mh/s on Hiveos ver 0.6-210 with f state tweak

yes, this helped! thank u!

Yes, you have to finetune your settings slightly again, but it’s worth the shot, they consume less wattage for the same hashrate.

1 Like

thats awesome, but for my gigabyte gaming-oc, anything below 850, the LA will go sky high and then crash. but for the Asus Tuf, 800 works…

Registers for GDDR6 memory on read-only state. So you can’t change timings on the fly.
Anyway, it would be good to view your code modification and verify it with memory timings.

1 Like

how did you got them over 62 mh/s ? teamredminer ?
what values did you increased?

1 Like

Too low voltages on memory and controller try with this settings. You can also try with “gminer” it gives you better hashrate.

2 Likes

Yeah i was using gminer. But my 5700xt‘s in that rig perform bad on gminer :sweat_smile:

only lasted for a min or so hahaa

That’s common for 6800’s. It will throttle to about 70 MHs every now and then. This is why it is way better than a 3070 for mining.

But this is happening only when new dag is generated for short time. Also in NiceHash. And maybe the reason is infinity cache because when new dag is generated you use light dag.

True. I hope someone can figure out how to permanently run 6800’s at 70 MHs. :grin:

WITH the share count vs. just the reported MH/s :slight_smile:

We already have inflated MH/s options.

This works so well for me - thanks for the share!
Tried it on both my XFX and my AMD/ATI cards and its works with no significant diff in hashrate. Let us know how it goes at lower mV :smiley:

I don’t like the new 0.6-211 version. It reduced power alot for the 6800s but I lost a bit of hashrate, and the 6700XTs lost alot of hashrate.

That’s awesome. I’ve never seen mine do that (TRM). Is that a gminer thing? TRM usually starts really low like 6MH and then ramps up.

Does the DPM or MDPM help get MH higher? I don’t even see those settings on mine.

I’m curious what your wall power is, if you have it.

i m using 2x gamemax 1650w psu. 1psu takes 6gpu, 1psu takes 5gpu,mainboard,cpu,ssd 8x 1amp 120mm fans. total usage is 1495w after 24hr.

1 Like