More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX6800 - Efficient Overclocking

Hello, thanks for the amazing work, very helpfull.
I’m stil having an issue, the change of the F state frequency had no effect on my gpus, it’s still blocked at 59MH/s.
When I compare with other screenshot in this thread, I see a difference in the F-States:

On all my 6800, I only have 2 states possible in SOC/DCEF/F, but for other users there are 3 states for these values.
Is my issuer of my 6800 blocked at 59 coming from this?

set your memory at 1060

If I do that the hashrate drops a lot

try increasing it step by step and set your memory voltage at 1250

thk, it worked for one, but not for the second ^^’ I gues it’s still an improvment

Just updated today, no need to re-add the script.

1 Like

Try using this overclock, that is already two days tested with no invalids at all :

Thank you for starting this great thread and for all the valuable contributions from everyone. I am trying the F state script and have a strange error as if the PPT entry is not present. I tried double checking the syntax but maybe need a new set of eyes. The Fstate is there for the 6800 so it must exist somewhere. I am using the latest HIVE upgrade from today and UPP 0.1.2. Powercolor 6800 Fighter card. Thank you.

Hello,

Bit of a noob question. When I run the script, I’m getting an error : “Command ‘upp’ not found”
Anybody has a tip for me?

Thanks!

Little bit more information for people running reference 6800s. For some reason(it’s worst on one card then my other one) everttime I restarted my rig the mh/s would drop Slightly. I would check the f-state it would still be 1551. Each time I would add 5 to the core voltage, each restart i had to add another 5. Eventually i figured out if I set the core voltage down 5 before restart, then back up 5 after boot and restart the miner only the card stabilizes.

1 Like

I don’t want to assume, so did you install upp in the described stage earlier in the thread? If so the action below, creating a folder is frequently overlooked. I know I made the mistake:

Are you running them in a rig with other types of cards?

I have had mixed results with 6800 series playing nice with my VII’s and RX5xx’s. I am down to a single rig with them mixed.

Even with just 6800s+F scripts, some defy logic and they get Windows rigs. :frowning:

Yes it’s a mixed rig with 3090’s and 1660s. They hash stable once I boot the rig how I mentioned above. Still annoying though

Hmm I see that in amd-info GPU1 is RX6800 but the script finds it as number 3. Can you show the output from gpu-detect list

BTC65 v1.11 the newer one without fan headers near CPU with Intel Celeron 1007U

1060Mhz in memory just make it drop to 5 Mh/s, I can’t put more than 1030

Here it is. IGPU is used so I thought the C=0 should be C=1

I am going to have to fire up the W10 machine this was in before playing with HIVE to see what was in that PPT.

Thanks for helping debug here.

I amended the script to the automated one that you posted but I get the following error :-

Sep 04 11:11:26 BIGRED hive[826]: > Applying F state clk
Sep 04 11:11:26 BIGRED hive[826]: /opt/script_upp/script.upp.sh: line 9: syntax error near unexpected token else' Sep 04 11:11:26 BIGRED hive[826]: /opt/script_upp/script.upp.sh: line 9: else echo “GPU $c is not supported”;’

Is this something you can help with?

Thanks peeps!
Running stable with the below:

Regarding gpu numbering, I can confirm that it counts integrated graphics first, then Nvidia cards, then AMD cards. It does not match up with the GPU enumeration on the worker Overview tab.

Screenshot 2021-09-04 105656

Also, does anyone have any info for what F state clock value to use for other RX 6000 cards? I assume we want to set it to the max value option for F state under amd-info

2 Likes