More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

RX 5700 XT Overlocking and Undervolting

My 8 x 5700 XT rig with stock BIOS.

409.8 MH with 710 watt consumption
Ratio: 410 / 710= 0.577

2 Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro+
6 Gigabyte 5700 XT

I will not change BIOS to increase to 60 MH because when hashrate increased towards 60 MH, power also increases and ratio drops to 0.50

So, stock BIOS with this settings iis most profitable with the ratio of 0.58.
Your aim should be highest RATIO, not the highest hashrate.
HIGHEST RATIO —> HIGHEST PROFIT
Seek the highest ratio

Of course If you have free or cheap source of energy, you can seek highest hashrate.:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe if correctly bios modded and OC’d for efficency you should be able to achieve good results. Based on @igotek screenshots the ratio is decent. I currently have Sapphire Nitro 5700 XT running rig at 58.30 @93-96 Watts; that is approximately 0.626.

1 Like

You are correct.
As was in every business, profit is most important aspect in mining business too.
The distinct pointer is ratio of MH/Power.
The higher ratio is the higher profit.

Getting highest MH does not mean you will earn much more. And additionally because GPU works under stress and high heat, high probably it will be worn out fastly and it will has tendency to malfunction easily and you will lose a precious equipment before it pays itself.

So, wise way is not to seek highest hashrate but highest ratio to earn in most profitable way.

RATIO= MH / Watt

RATIO simply gives you an idea about how much HASHRATE you will get for each WATT power you will use.

the greater ratio is the greater income.

I see you your point but as suggested, modding and OCing correctly would minimize load stress and heat; and of course a good cooling system like fans. I have attached a screenshot and the strain/load and heat seems moderate and similar to yours.

@igotek
i have 2 GPU
1- Aours 5700 XT
2- Gigabyte non XT but i mod it to XT … added stock non xt and the xt too
i send the required files
thanks

Great ratio. I can get no more than 0.52.
Can you show the OC settings, specifically what is giving you the low power?

I found that Sapphires are available in Micron or Samsung memory. I had to use different power settings. Here are my configs.,

Thanks,
AlleyCat

1 Like

Quite frankly there isn’t much more than what youve seen. I bios modded with 1550Mhz straps then applied the OCs shown on the screenshot (thanks to @igotek). I think the sapphires should be able to achieve this with the OCs. I’m not sure about the Gigabyte cards.

can u plz share the mod file for gigabyte i have same GPU i get 59.3 but use 125W
[email protected]

Thanks

I see that you are getting 59MH/s. Most likely thanks to modifying the memory straps. The reduction of power is done by the HiveOS settings. If you want to reduce the power you will need to modify the power tables, to allow the card to run at lower power than the default. You will need to test the cards in this order: 1) Stabilize the minimum power and find the optimal core speed. 2) Find the maximum memory speed, and lower the power to the memory. The process is described here: https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/

1 Like

@igotek
Hello, I tried the configuration with the new BIOS but I can’t get the RIG to be stable, it works 30 min and then it freezes to the point that I have to disconnect the power supply, for the moment I applied the bios I had again (it only has modified the memory values) I could not do more tests in a few days I will try other configuration values ​​with your BIOS. Cheers

@zakesand

Set core 1400
Set VDD 800
Set Memory 875

Try these settings. You will get stable rig. Be sure you have stable rig.
You can increase memory 5 increments. And please be patient. Dont rush.
After you will find the sweet spot for your each gpu without any problem, you can reduce VDD up to 755.

1 Like

I am going to test 1 GPU per time to see if I can find a point for each GPU, possibly it is a matter of temperatures the memories work between 92 and 95 ºC I am adding forcers these days and separating the 3 RIGS. everything is very messy at the moment

@everybody

I dont advise anyone to use below values 755 VDD. Some GPUs need over 755 VDD.
Samsung memory starts from 755, Micron Memory starts from 770.
Both of them are at maximum 800.

Memory Clock is the second important thing.
Samsung memory from 875 up to 915, Micron memory from 875 up to 950.

The edited professinal bios gives you best hashrate and lowest power consupmtion.
But you have to set proper Overclock and Undervolting values.
Each GPU is different. You can find sweet spot easily:
Use lowest memory value, find max memory for each gpu.
Use highest VDD, find minimum VDD.

2 Likes

I have 2 pcs 24000BTU AC. I set AC to 23c.
8 pcs 12 GPU rigs is located in the same place.
Very low temp.

If you dont use AC, you can set fan speed to higher values.
And please use ventilation system to send out the hot temp.

the idea is to make a closed cabinet with injection and ejection of air from the outside the turbines of the ventilation system are 1900m3 / h, I hope it works

If you send me your original bios, i can mod it for you. I m sure you will get more hashrates than 1550MHZ.

1 Like

@dean.regler

The professional bios has been sent to your email address.
Please share before and after results here.

@ Adrian Gentry

The professional bios for you two different GPUs.
Plase share your before-after results here.

@ mevry

You flash disk has a problem. I had the same problem about a year ago.
Use a new flash disk or use SSD. Your gpu3 out problem will be solved.

2 Likes

@ Igotek

Hello from sydney , Im looking for low wattage bios for my sapphire pulse and Asus tuf evo.
Currently 560 watt of the wall. Btw my asus tuf evo display wrong wattage.
Please help me with the bios