More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Reduce Watts and Temp Memory with 5700 and 5700XT

I haven’t give all the information only partial :slight_smile: … the good information contact me … It was only to show that is possible to reduce 5-6W in 5700XT…

cd ~
wget https://github.com/patrickschur/atitool/raw/master/atitool.tar.xz
tar xvf atitool.tar.xz
mv atitool /usr/local/bin
nano scriptsocc.sh
Paste code into script (example for 12GPU):

atitool -socclk=1100 -i=0 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=1 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=2 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=3 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=4 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=5 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=6 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=7 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=8 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=9 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i-10 &
atitool -socclk=1100 -i=11 &
Save and exit (save - ctrl + o, exit - ctrl + x):

chmod +x scriptsocc.sh
nano /hive/etc/crontab.root
At the and of the file add this command:

@reboot sleep 120 && /home/user/scriptsocc.sh
Save and exit (save - ctrl + o, exit - ctrl + x)

reboot rig:

shutdown -r now

This is how I did it, starting from your example, and stays after reboot as well. of course change the numbers according to your needs, for me only 1100 works, nothing lower.

1 Like

Not bad… but if you are doing that without analysing your Cards you are probably increasing Watts and heat in the memory… my other mod analyse the problem…

Did you do it by using MPT ?
1050 - Maximum Voltage SoC (mV) or 1267 - SoC Maximum (MHz)

I did, yes…together with ram timings, core voltage ect…I set soc to 950 mhz, voltage i didnt change. it does not run at max mhz so no need to lower max voltage. I hope with 950mhz it runs at lower volts. its 10w per card out of the wall with my rig and identical to the command.but if you try to lower voltage too…tell me if it works

I made a new thread because one of my cards has strange behaviour after reboot…could that be caused by the low soc clock?

The problem comes on another way… that is only the introduction… some other have my best mod after the intern contact…

For people who want to learn, a free guide is available at: https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/page-17#post-83096

whats my problems source if its not the low soc clock?

I have downgraded using hive replace and selfupgraded, but I am not able to change the timings with “atitool -socclk=1050 -i=x” in an ssh shell.

root@rigx: atitool -socclk=1050 -i=1
ATITOOL version 1.14.0.10, Copyright © 2019 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
psp_tmr_init2490 LoadTOC Failed : tmr_size 0
psp_tmr_init2490 LoadTOC Failed : tmr_size 0
Current SOCCLK : 1266.66 MHz

Is there something I’m missing?

Contact me if you need the solution… :slight_smile:

On my new rig with 8x Gigabyte 5700 XT i also couldn’t downgrade SOCclcock to 950MHz whatever i have try.
The only way is on the fly tool AMDmemTweakToolXL changing SOCclock to max. 950MHz value and change mem. strap tREF to 12000 (decimal value) and save that “on the fly” BIOS from the card… After that i must reflash all cards agan :wink:

There are better ways to do it…

Your desperate play to get people to pay you for whatever obscure script you have, that does who knows what to your machine where you ask for SSH access doesn’t help your case at all. This is an open forum not a cash grab, anyone who knows anything about code knows you don’t let some random guy preying on forums run code on your machine. Unless you are going to help the community out like everyone else does on this forum when they find GPU miner tweaks stop wasting our time.

1 Like

I hope you read before you talk… I make lot of different options…I can Anydesk, Teamviewer, etc… so please don’t lie. About helping the community, I was the creator of the post giving the information, so as you say help the community, you didn’t do it… as you many others only copy without thx… At the end the people that contact me for the fast mod, are enjoying it, without problems and grateful of the mod and the optimisation and saving lots of Watts in their Rigs… And they gave me more thx that this community you said…

@jgonzi do not use the knowledge I collected at Igors’ lab forum with Mini_me, Apple Inc. and others, for personal gain. I spent over 100 hours on testing and the information is free for all.

For anyone reading this note, it is your choice to pay someone, but don’t be a sucker, the information is FREE at https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/

To conclude, @jgonzi, if you are contributing to the community and give credit to people who do the work, I am apologizing for making any assumptions about your conduct or integrity.

AlleyCat

Your work is good but is not perfect… lot more optimization remaining… you are giving information that doesn’t make the best performance. If you are happy with your work that’s great… enjoy your time touching :blue_heart:

Thank you for your comment. I would love to see your ways of controlling power more efficiently. I am sure that you have significant knowledge and a better way than Power Table editing or cron batch scripts.

If you chose to share your knowledge we can all test and learn. I hope you will chose to share your ideas, and I am certainly going to give you the full credit for work done.

Just don’t use this forum to collect donations.

Best regards,

AlleyCat

@neogeo Are you using AMDmemTweakToolXL for Linux on HiveOS? If you do, can you share how you do it? On the Github of Eliovp, the requirements are Windows.

I made a change to the Power Table by reducing the SoC Max frequency to 950 and the results is a reduction of about 3-4W on my Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming cards.

AlleyCat

No. I am not using Tweak Tool.
On whole my 5700 XT cards it’s working like a charm from exe script i made it as a Shedule option from Hive Overall menu.
But, i will give a try to a Tweak Tool on Linux and report!
:slight_smile:

I received a warning from Mini)me at Igors Lab forum about long-term risks of reducing the SoC voltage. Apparently, there is a risk of damaging the hardware on the long run. I am no longer attempting to reduce the SoC based on the feedback. The link is https://www.igorslab.de/community/threads/gigabyte-5700-xt-bios-mod-fails.3304/post-85047