More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

New to mining. Error installing hive-miners-ethminer

I keep getting the same error when trying to set up my mining rig. Can someone help please?

“Error installing hive-miners-ethminer”

dpkg: warning: files list file for package ‘libisl15:amd64’ missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package ‘python3-systemd’ missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package ‘libdebconfclient0:amd64’ missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package ‘libxcb-shm0:amd64’ missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package ‘librest-0.7-0:amd64’ missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package ‘iw’ missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package ‘libsub-name-perl’ missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: warning: files list file for package ‘libwrap0:amd64’ missing; assuming package has no files currently installed
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
files list file for package ‘libheimntlm0-heimdal:amd64’ is missing final newline
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

I had same problem and fixed it by re-create bootable USB drive or SSD from hiveOS image.

how do I do that? is there a youtube video that can walk me through it so you don’t have to go into too much detail?

If you want to use SSD - How to Install HIVEOS onto a SSD | Guide for beginners - YouTube
If you want to use USB Flash drive - you can Rufus or balenaEtcher as in the video above.

I cant seem to pull up my boot menu to boot from the usb. when i try the self upgrade it gives me the error.

hit:1 Index of /repo/binary/ InRelease
Ign:2 http://download.hiveos.farm/repo/binary/hive-miners-ethminer-ethash-0.17.1_0.6-01_all.deb InRelease
Err:3 http://download.hiveos.farm/repo/binary/hive-miners-ethminer-ethash-0.17.1_0.6-01_all.deb Release
404 Not Found [IP: 172.67.28.84 80]

try to remove SDD from farm, in that way it probably starting boot from usb, or you can select boot order in motherboard bios

cant get into motherboard bios. I don’t know the hot key. I figured out how to download a new verision straight to the miner. I am not getting that error message anymore. It will start to mine for a short amount of time and then everything fails. I also am not able to read the specs on one of my gpus. However I hook them up, there always seems to be one gpu that is not recognized.

can you make screen while it mining?

ok so ive reloaded Hive and got it somewhat stable now. I changed servers and whatnot. Im getting activity from 6 out of 8 cards. the other two seem to be failing for whatever reason.

there seems to be at least one card that fails on the boot but I was no able to mine anything with 7 cards working. now that I am able to mine on nanopool it will not boot with anymore than 6 cards working. is one of the cards bad? all the fans spin and I can’t seem to pinpoint witch one is cause any issues.

ethminer is very outdated, theres better miners out there.

1 Like

i have no idea what im doing. enlighten me.

most likely your rig do not see 2 card after booting. To check for sure if this is so uset your flight sheet, reboot your worker and make screen after that. In this case we will understand if card do not initialize after booting or after miner start.

i don’t understand what that means. how do I uset my flight sheet? how do I make screen?

From what I can understand, at boot up my rig fails to start two of my cards. I get an error message at start up. this is the error message I can at start up.

sorry i mean “Unset your flight sheet”

Okay. I will do that now. Im pretty sure I did that yesterday but I will do it again now. The error codes I am getting at start up are pretty consistent. Im having tons of fun so far and I can’t wait to get all the cards running to see what this rig can really do.

yes it’s look like your rig fails to start two of your cards.
What motherboard in your rig?

im not exactly sure. Ive been wondering if it is an issue with the motherboard. I just purchased this rig from a Chinese seller. I guess it is illegal to mine over there now so they are dumping equipment. how do I figure that info out?

in this way you can see your motherboard