More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

New RX6600 not mining on latest OS version

Hi team, I’m on the latest HiveOS version, 0.6-211@211029.
Today I installed a new RX6600 non-XT, the

PowerColor Hellhound RX6600 8GBD6-3DHL

It’s not being recognised in the OS properly, its showing as multiple possible GPU’s

[Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600/6600 XT/6600M]

Trying multiple miners gets no results.

hey, which board and co?
which bios settings?

Thanks for the reply.
Its a PowerColor Hellhound RX6600 8GBD6-3DHL.
Do you mean the PC BIOS settings? If so which settings do you mean?
If you mean the GPU, I’ve not put in any OC’s, and in terms of memory type etc, HiveOS doesn’t tell me, it only gives me the information in the original screenshot.
Thanks

Pls tell more about ur system - Mainboard, CPU, RAM.

Hi, details as below, I tried it in a 2nd PC with the same results of not being fully recognised.

Motherboard: Z68X-UD3H-B3 Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. (F12 03/20/2012)
CPU: 8 × Intel® Core™ i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz AES

Motherboard: H77M-D3H Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. (F14 01/16/2014)
CPU: 4 × Intel® Core™ i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz AES

I thought it would be an issue with HiveOS recognising the cards?

Thanks

u set moinboard bios settings?

• above 4g
  • tried different pcie gens? 1,2,3,auto?
  • disable board audio and vga (if u need a monitor, use the first gpu for ur monitor)

u tried another riser? maybe flipping different pcie slots?

Do u have a Nvidia Card to test, the board accept this one?

pls can u take a screenshot of ur Hive Version and Driver Versions?

the new 6600 amd cards need one of the later images freshly flashed, not just upgraded from an older version. easiest way you can either do this with rufus/balena or through the shell with hive-replace. its a quick fix :+1:

A brand new image has worked thank you.
Doesn’t seem to make sense as the existing image was built from the same file, but oh well, it worked.
Thanks to both for your help.

1 Like

I have a 3DHL 6600 as well that is not loading into HiveOS. I have flashed a new image, and put the gpu in a windows computer to ensure that it was working. It works on windows, I’m using it now, but it does not work on any of my Hive machines.

Any ideas on what else I need to try?

which hive version u use?

try using “hive-replace -s” in shell, your kernel/drivers may not be new enough.

I am using Hive version 0.6-211@211102, with a new image installed yesterday. Would that not be write a new kernal?

Did you try what I said above?

Assim foi resolvido o meu problema

1 Like

Yes, I tried that today (I didn’t know that was an option), but still no dice. The computer does not even seem to boot. It is very odd for me. I don’t get any video output and there is no connection to the hive server.

if its not booting then i would go back to the basics. make sure everything is up to date, motherboard bios, hive image etc. remove all cards and see if it will boot into hive, re add one at a time from there if it does.

I’ll try updating the bios, who knows when that last happened for this motherboard. It’s only one card on this rig, one that I use to test out new cards, so at least the number of factors is low.

BIOS and hive image are all updated as far possible. It doesn’t work on multiple rigs that all have been updated as far as possible, part of why I think it’s odd that it works on a windows machine so I don’t think that it is a problem with the card. I was really hoping someone would have had a similar problem.

can you post a picture of your worker overview screen?