More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

NBMiner 39.6 / 39.7 Crashing on HiveOS stable on windows only

I have NBminer 39.6 working on windows with no issue but my miner has been crashing multiple times on HiveOS, sometimes it will crash after 2 hours other times after 5 hours. I have tested my Overclocks and they work fine on T-Rex miner without any issues or crashes but it seems that NBminer just fails to be reliable. Anybody experience this? I’ve tried with 39.6 and 39.7 but no luck.

Edit:
I’m mining ETH on both LHR and non LHR cards

Exact same issue.

Pls fix this asap Hiveos

Glad to see at least one person has the same issue, most YouTubers look like they have no issues.

I am also having similar issue with 39.6 and 39.7 on hiveos. Randomly get “GPU driver error, no temps”. Moving to different miner. T-rex does not cross 40MHs. I have Hynix memory as cherry on top :slight_smile:

Latest update: Tried with LOLminer 1.34a/1.34/1.33 same issue. My Nvidia driver is 470.74, Zotac RTX 3060ti with hynix memory. OC is 1300 Clock, 1600 Mem, 145 PL, 75 fan

This was new error with Lol miner

try changing the NVidia drivers

I’ve tried this but have swapped to Trex because it’s more stable

I get an error code 8 in NBMiner

1 Like

Latest Update:
Started from basic again. Moved to version version 38.0 without any lhr unlock to see if the hardware is stable. Set OC to clock 1200/mem 1685/pl 145. Now getting 30.1 on all 4 gpus. Approx 12 hrs its running without issues. I will wait for 1 more day then update to lhr unlock

Keep us posted

Its been more than 24hrs and mining is stable. I tried lolminer 1.28 but it seems, it needs more mem clock to push the hashrate. I tried till 1850 and could reach 30Mhs. So rolled back to nbminer. I will run it for 2 more days just to ensure clocks are right for stable mining

One of the GPU started giving problem.

First error:
Cuda error: Out Of memory error no 2
Reduced mem oc to 1700
Second error:
CUDA Error:Invalid device ordinal
Reduced mem oc to 1600

Again observing

Yes I get error 8 as well every 1 to 6 hours… Only with NBMiner 39.7, Gminer and Trex go smoothly

I think you might be seeing the same thing I am. I was on nbminer for 5d without issue but starting this past weekend nbminer became very unstable. It was crashing on my rigs at the same time ( all of my rigs whether nvidia or Amd ). It seemed to do it 30 minutes after the hour or 45 minutes after the hour. I switched over to lolminer ( no oc changes ) and all of my mining rigs are once again completely stable. Below you can see what my last 3d of stats look like both during nbminer ( unstable ) and lolminer (stable )

I’m running NBminer 39.7 on HiveOS v: 0.6-211@211031 with Nvidia driver 460.91.03. No crashes at all. Maybe that will help you, maybe not…

No miner restarts either? I just bumped my drivers to 495 on one miner but what is odd is that they all do it. Every single mining rig I have, issues a segfault on qthread, nbminer restarts itself with a GPU 0 hang and it’s always after a period where there is no stats retrieved from the mining software. I can’t go more than 45 minutes without that happening but on every other miner as stable as can be ( and prior to Halloween nbminer went for 5 days without a hiccup )

I switched to NBminer 5 days ago. I restarted the miner 1d19h ago because I was messing with the OC settings, but the miner is stable on it’s own. FYI - I am running this config on a small 3060 v2 rig.

Wow, that is interesting. Something is odd here. I’ve done some more digging. It is ALWAYS 30 minutes after the hour but not EVERY hour. At 30 minutes after the hour, the hash rate goes to 0 on nbminer. After that I see the following in the miner

and the dmesg output shows a qthread segfault.

I’ve removed all overclock settings from GPU 0 ( but as I said before, all my rigs do the same thing ). I don’t think it’s nbminer but a network problem. I think something is timing out and is causing the segfault.

Ive got the same problem with my rig and I saw the exact same thing! Ive got 3x 3060ti + 1x 1070 SC on the rig that has this problem. On NBMiner last Nvidia driver version, last Hiveos version.

Simon, do you have enable-dag-cache set? I just looked through the bug reports and that apparently is a problem.

Where can I see that ?

Are you doing ZIL+ETH - or just ETH alone?