More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

NBMiner 39.6 / 39.7 Crashing on HiveOS stable on windows only

ETH Alone on NBMiner

dang, i was hoping it was ziliqua related. Someone posted a bug report saying ā€˜enable-dag-cacheā€™ is a problem with the same issue weā€™re seeing. Problem is, youā€™d only be using that param if you were dual mining.

Ok, yeah , I understand, im wondering if maybe thatā€™s a poll issue, an hiveos issue or something because a lot of peoples seems to have similar issue in the last 24h

I also am getting crashes. But NBMiner auto restarts itself in HiveOS for me. Just crashes randomly too:

use Gminer 2.71, itā€™s stable and a bit better for my power consumption, it runs at 73% lhr by default, havenā€™t restarted in 24h

Iā€™ll reply after letting Gminer 2.71 run for a few hours. See if it will keep stable.

Edit: I noticed RTX 3070 ti kinda fluctuates in MH/s and power quite a bit more than what nbminer was doing. But at same time, it is doing a better job at keeping a higher hash rate.

With 4 x 36060 ti hynix memroy NBminer 39.7 worked smoothly for 4 days. OC was 1200 core/ 1810 mem/ 165 PL. Then i installed 2 new cards and booom. Rig is unstable. Every 15-20 mins I get Gpu hang no temps due high load average. So I removed one card. Again rig ran properly for 1 day. Then I installed 6th card. Again same. I changed miner to t-rex latest. Same Load average issue. I throttled OC back to Core 1100/ mem 1730/ pl 165. Now rig in stable but hash rate low. Still need to do some digging to find out whether its 6th gpu or riser or cable or slot. Same gpus / riser / cable worked fine during testing on windows for 2 days with nbminer. Will do some more digging today and update

im having the same issue whatā€™s worst i have a small no. of GPU 1 3060ti, 3060 v1, and 1660sā€¦ im running then separately because hive os crash on me when i add a card. the 3060 is on windows the TI is on hive os rig and the 1660s is on my gaming rig. i ve tried everything i know that could fix the problem, change drivers, upgrade downgrade versions. one thing i found out is that it crashes when im using NBMINER. i can run other miners but it has to be solo or else it will crash if i add other card. can run the 3 card using miniz y.83 but very low hashrate with no lhr unlockā€¦ hope somebody found a fix or solution. last resort ill reinstall hiveos clean all drivers and all.

Same issue here. I was mining Raven with Trex on my LHR rig. It was pulling more watts but remained stable. I switched to mining ETH on NBminer and at 74% (default) it just freezes up randomly. Sometimes after several hours of mining. The main difference I noticed is that the hashrates and power levels were fluctuating on several cards. I am thinking that might just be NBminer trying to get the best hashrate and making adjustments on the fly. I donā€™t know if that is or isnā€™t the cause, but I canā€™t have this thing freezing up on me randomly. I may have to try Gminer or Trex (even if I get lower hashrates) and see if it continues to lock up on meā€¦

Well Trex did the same thing. NBminer and Trex were about 540MH/s but hashrate and power usage were constantly changing. Iā€™m guessing the instability is what led to the BTC-D37 mobo freezing up after a couple hours each timeā€¦ The Gminer is running at about 530MH/s but isnā€™t fluctuating as much (still does fluctuate though)ā€¦ and so it has not froze up on me after about 6 hoursā€¦ Fingers Crossed

EDIT: Following up. After 16+ hours still stable on Gminerā€¦

even on windows nbminer and trex cause my 3060 and 3060 ti to crash instantly right after starting the minersā€¦ i think my psu is going badā€¦ need to confirm it first

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.