More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI RTX 3060TI LHR - LHR Workaround?

oh bro that’s the reason why you don’t get the best performances from your LHR cards.
Move to trex or gminer

Cheers. My current strategy has been to wait for a cheap FHR, which are coming around more often in the past week or two. Unlimited 3060s on ebay have dropped by about £200 in the last few months ($270ish). I guess I’ll stick to that. As I said, once ETH goes POS I can’t see NVIDIA being so picky about who they sell cards to.

Also a bit off topic, but @Kemalbaglar if you see this could you send me a DM please? I wanted to send you one but apparently I’m n00b and can’t yet. Cheers.

Hi!, can you please share a dump of your MSi 3060ti Bios?
I will test to flash it to my 3060ti with Hynix memory.

These are not MSI. Don’t flash Nvidias nor AMD 6000+ series. I don’t share BIOSes as 99% of the cases you’ll brick your card.

Which Asus model 3060TI is your’s? I’m having a similar issue with two asus I have 1 performs ok the other way less, thinking about making them all the same bios?
Any advice?
Thanks!

Pretty sure I admitted to being a dumbass in my initial post-but thanks for the confirmation.

Not only did I get LHR, crypto tanked. Not great, but what are ya gonna do, cry about it.

Nah…live and learn. I’ve done dumber things before. Probably won’t be the last dumb thing I do either. All one can do is try and not make the same dumb mistakes twice.

Asus Model:

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Gaming X LHR 8GB GDDR6 VRAM Graphics Card

Hey man, my english is not very good, sorry, just wanted to ask a question.
The t-rex I use has overclocking parameters set to 3600 for mem.
However, when the software started to set the DAG, a red exclamation mark appeared, and the computing power became unstable.
I asked a friend, and someone said to set an overclocking waiting time of about 40 seconds, and then overclock after the DAG is completed.
Is this the case with Gminer? Do you also set the overclocking wait time?

Yes-I think i use like a 30 second delay for applying OC settings.

Your problem is the bios crap on this model.

Tour bios finish in “DA”, t’he good one finish un DE, is the bios of MSI 3060 ti ventus x2 oc hlr, you can download on techpowerup:

I flash bios on hiveos in one minut trought the “overclocking” menu and then press flashvbios.

I flashed trought my phone, is easy.

1 Like

Which mining algo are you using with the updated Bios?

Only ETH

You absolutely saved my sanity! Thank you very much, now with the new NB miner (41.0) I am getting full hash rate (59.36 mh currently). It was driving me insane until I found your post.

1 Like

you have to be previously on Nbminer and update? or oyu can change from T-rex to Nbminer 41.

Just use the current NBMiner on the flight sheet then manually update to 41.0

cd /tmp && wget https://github.com/NebuTech/NBMiner/releases/download/v41.0/NBMiner_41.0_Linux.tgz && tar -xvf NBMiner_41.0_Linux.tgz && cd NBMiner_Linux && miner stop && cp nbminer /hive/miners/nbminer/40.1 && miner start

Finally unlock lhr 100% with NBMiner… :innocent:

Ohhh I envy your 3070ti vram temp, is it with thermal pads changed or stock one? which model of gigabyte that card is…

stock one & gigabyte rtx 3070ti gaming oc

Noticed a recent update resulted in an approximately 10-20% increase in hash rate on nbMiner. MYbe they improved LHR algo, not sure. Not complaining.