More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI 6600 XT GAMING X, no hashrate in the latest hiveos

Hi guys,
I got some issues when I set up my new MSI 6600 XT GAMING X. I got no hash rate in the hive os.
I also got MSI 6600 XT MECH too, but they work perfectly whether I put them in the hive os or running in windows.
For MSI 6600 XT GAMING X, I can only get them running in windows. When I put them in the hive os they report 0 hash rate.
I didn’t set up the OC feature for them. And I am curring using 0.6-209@210819 with nbminer 39.0.
Any advice? I appreciated!

Had same problem on multiple 6600xt
On up to 3 cards everything works fine …so i combined with rtx 2060 on gminer :wink:

Just to say I am struggling with this type of issue too. I am not sure whether all the 6600 series drivers and support are there yet - my suspicion anyway. Still in the process of testing all and maybe will use this on a single (a different) rig and see what happens. I was mixing amd and msi cards. MSI working sweetly, same can’t be said of amd- sometimes recognised, sometimes not, but not mining regardless.

Well what I did currently is
I use one MSI GAMING X 6600 XT in my PC so I mine in windows without OC. That gives me around 28MH while I was working. This is the one I cannot get it mining in hive os no matter how hard I try.
The rest 6600 XT I put them all in one rig and setup the watchdog. If one card go down then the rig reboot. I did manage to get all 6600 XT with 32.26 MH. But the GAMING X may drop sometimes and causing the reboot.
What I heard from others is AMD card kindly have an issue that they need “warm-up” before you put OC on them. But this is the first time I mine on AMD so I am not sure what they said is true. My previous rig is all NVIDIA.
Also, what I got so far for the 6600 XT rig is they did reboot less often after a whole day running. It used to reboot every hour. Now it is able to run for a few hours before it reboot. And the GAMING X 6600 XT hash rate did increase from 32.06, likewise, to 32.26 MH. (Well it didn’t mean anything but it became same like the MECH 6600 XT :slight_smile:

Ok thanks. I saw on another thread (AMD cards ?) that folks had success rolling back to stable version of hiveos. I’ve tried that also but not had any joy at the moment. Hiveshell showing as “unknown AMD GPU”. My RX660XT is recognised and it is read both in Hiveshell and on the main screen but there still seems to be a problem for me somewhere. NB miner v39.0 Running it with Geforce RTX 3060 LHR (the lhr 68) works and hash has increased but the AMD is just sat there. Hive 208. Old motherboard with GPU riser into 1x16 PCIE, both are on this. I suppose options are to reupgrade Hive and hope / remove AMD and put it in another rig. Or have I done some rookie error in flight sheet / wallet etc / being very new to all this. ?

I have the same issue as you. 6600 XT shows an unknown AMD GPU in Hive OS. But I believe that’s some issues NBMiner has not fixed yet. Even in 39.1 ver, it shows that. But, in windows, the 39.1 ver shows 6600 XT and mining fluently.
So I guess when NBMiner publishes another release, we may be able to mine with the GAMING X fluently in Hive OS.
I am currently using the 06-209@210822. It has the NBMiner 39.1.

yes all pretty much the same. Been working on this on and off for a week or so. FYI there are some other miners giving unknown GPU in Hive so its not just NB which i was using for my LHR card. Ideally I want these 2 mining Eth together with my 1660 mining something else. I did try the latest of NB at least for my LHR card with the latest Hive but I’m not sure it liked it very much, hash rate dropped after a while. Hopefully tho, this new popular mining card will get stronger support as the days / weeks roll by, …just a bit of a battle at the moment with them.

I have the Sapphire Pulse version RX6600. If I add to to my rig of two RX6700 then rig doesn’t connect to Hive. and when I take out the RX6600 I have to reset BIOS on motherboard to get my two RX6700 to reconnect to Hive again.Hoping its something simple on Hives side that will get fixed soon

1 Like

Forgot to add when I first tested RX6600 I replaced with 1 of the RX6700 and got 30 MH right away

I don’t understand it, put it in my other pc, wouldn’t mine as opposed to being on on risers on a rig, it did mine as a solo card on TRM with no issue, but not dual mine with my Geforce RTX, so i put it in the other pc and fired TRM up and it barely solo card mined before keeling over - GPU 0 dead. Seems to work fine in Win10 64 though I havent actually mined in win10 (card recognised by Nicehash) TRM

I kindly figure out how to use my 6600 XT.
So I put the 6600 XT in my pc and use NBminer 39.1 mining for a few days. After that I put it directly to my 6600 XT miner system and set up the watchdog to monitor if the hash rate gets low the system reboot.
So far this works for a day and it has not to reboot yet.
I am happy about the result.

Had to share, I don’t know what happened I guess I found the sweet spot! 27w 32.79mhs

Maybe this might help. 6000xt Hellhound on TRM.

anyone has this problem to ?

Yes, mem clock start from 1000 here. And Core clock start from 960.

Does it still work on 27W?

Which model is that?
It still lasts on 27W?

It’s the PowerColor Hellhound, The miner restarted after 5 days later and it went back to 53w. I’m not sure what happened but I wish I could keep it at 27w.

Thanks!
I almost had a heart attack from jealousy :rofl:
Have you tried this: 967 630/625/1250 1075?
Would be interesting to see what it does on Hellhound
On Fighter it does 30.50 for 39kW - super efficiency

1 Like

I want to keep the 32.8mhs but I did make some adjustments based on your numbers, I used 990 600/625 1155 and ended up with a slight reduction, 51w for the Hellhound and 58w for the Asus. Whenever I change the Mem Voltage to 1350 or lower my mhs reduces.