More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

MSI 6600 XT GAMING X, no hashrate in the latest hiveos

I’m not having much luck here… I was running a rig with 6 6600xt with 32.2mhs at 45ish watts each (software). My SSD died, as in the physical power port broke off. I’ve installed hive os on an nvme to get me by until I can get an SSD. In the mean time I’m at 28.4mhs and 42-ish watts.

I can’t, for the life of me, figure out how to get back to 32 mhs on all six. The memory Clock is stuck at 1000 and is preventing me from getting a decent hashrate.

I’ve rolled back the os, reinstalled, changed the configuration file with nano… I’m at a lost for words.

I’ll upload screen shots when I get to my pc…

Thoughts?
Ideas, anyone?

Reset all and try a stock 1100 / 700 vdd / 1140 and see what happens. someday i hat a similar problem, i did that, hash went up and i could go back higher on my cards … until next reboot :wink:

I dont have hashrate in my new rx6600xt

you need hiveos beta 209 or 210

Does not work with the update. Tryed with 209, 210 and 211. Same problem.

Tryed to reboot, nothing. Turned them off for 60 min, nothing. Has been stable with all my AMD card upptill this weekend.

I think it is the updates from Hiveos. Always keeps my cards and hiveos on latest update. But this weekend there have been some problems with the hiveonpool too.

Many groups on Facebook from europe and US has problems.

Time for Hiveos to do everything stable. Many affairs have not been payed to pool and if they wont fix it asap I will quit use hiveos for sure. Loads of money that is incorrect latest week.

Make sure your Kernel Version was updated as well after you update hive. I would say right now every thing should work if you update Hive to 6-211 (in yellow). I’m running the below version and it is working good and very stable unless I have to reboot the rig then sometimes I have to fight through several high LA’s (Load Average) before it reboots stable again. it’s a crap shoot with AMD cards sometimes.

I’m in the same boat. 6600xt. Memory clock stuck at 1000 no matter what I’ve tried. Tried many different os versions. Would love to fix it. I’ve seen several people claim this issue online with this card with no fix posted yet other than changing hiveos version, which doesn’t work in my case.

Hello,
Have you fixed the issue yet?

what version of HiveOS are you running? I just upgraded to OS version 0.6-211@211102. I’m hitting 32 mh/s on all my 6600xt GPUs.

Now that everything is hitting the 32 mark, i’d like to try the ole OC settings again. As it sits, I may just let it run the way it is for a while.

Do you have any recommended settings? if so, what?

what OS are you running?

I had a similar issue (reduced hash) I upgraded to the latest version, seen at the bottom of the attached photo.

I’m not hitting 32 Mh/s on all 6 GPUs. I need to take another stab at the OC settings. As it sits, GPU2 is under performing relative to GPU 0 and 1.

GPU 3 and 4 are Fighter editions. GPU5 is the Hellhound. I hope to get the Hellhound to out perform the Fighters. No luck on that front with the old OS version.

Do you know of any settings to get the most out of the 6600xt?

How do you update the Kernel?

I’ve tried 0.6-211 and didn’t work. It actually makes its worse, where it locks my core clock as well to some number… I forget exactly.

Maybe updating the kernel is what I need to try. I don’t know how yet though. I’ll try this evening.

What is your kernel version? I’ve highlighted my version in the mobile screenshot below

I am running the same Kernel as you, 5.4.0-140

I apologize I couldn’t be more helpful. If and when the issue is resolved, I would like to know what the problem and resolve was. Please keep me posted my friend.

I did a little digging around on how to update the kernel… Its way above my understanding. I didn’t find any commands, generally, I can stumble my way through simple commands. But I couldn’t find anything on this one.

I hope to get more time soon to finish researching. If you find any resources on how to update the Kernel, please share.

I figured out what the problem was. Pretty strange one. I am mining on my personal computer which already was dual booting windows and arch Linux. Hiveos is installed on a seperate ssd. I was using rEFInd boot manager to boot all three operating systems. If I boot from rEFInd I encounter the stuck memory clock on hiveos, but if I tap F11 at startup (msi mobo) and boot hiveos from grub, I am able to overclock the memory.

wait a second. So, you are booting multiple OSes at the same time using rEFlnd boot manager? why have I never heard of this before? I gotta take a look see into this!!

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.