More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

I really only run 65535 or 17000, 65535 is max and 17000 is just from TRM guide.

So with the vegas does it matter where the bios switch is? Mines in performance mode? Towards mounting plate.

Also now canā€™t get it to run the oc it was running before.
Finally got it reset to stock and is working again at stock hashrates.

Is there a downside to flashing bios to vega 56? I use this computer/ graphics card as my personal computer when mining.

ya you should flash the 56 bios while the switch is in performance mode, then if you ever need a Vega 64 just flip the switch the other way to use the 64 bios.

Well I think Iā€™m giving up on this vega 64 card on hive os, it doesnā€™t even want to run the oc that was doing 165mhash before.
I canā€™t get it to perform well on eth either in hive but log back into nicehash, do amdmemtweak and its back to 50mhsh on srb miner for ethšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Iā€™ll start working on the vega 56 tomorrow, it already performs better on Hive

Appreciate the help so far guys!:+1::clap:

If it helps when I have to go back to basics I start with the following and almost every Vega will mine 170-180~ MH with the following settings (these settings run ETH at 50.5~ MH).
Team Red Miner
Core: 1350
Core Voltage: 900
Memory Clock: 900
Fan: 80% (not auto fan)
Advanced Config: (ultra safe)
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 38 --RP 12 --WR 13 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 26 --REF 24000 --RFC 239 --RTP 6 --RRDL 5 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12
:boom:

1 Like

Both your xfx and sapphire reference cards are flashed to the same sapphire vega 56 bios?

Yep iā€™ve used that bios on all my reference 64s including the xfx and sapphire, if you check both in TechPowerUp they have the same bios ID too: 113-D0500300-102

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of building out my rig of 9 Vega 56ā€™s and 1 470 atm. I can only run 6 GPUā€™s at a time currently.
Motherboard- H110 Pro BTC+ ASRock (P1.60 03/23/2018)

CPU - 4 Ɨ IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz AES

Disk Model- USB SanDisk 3.2Gen1 15.4GB

My problem is multi fauceted:

Problem A: No matter what strap or OC I have or defaults, my rig will run for an hour or so then GPU 5 crashes.

Attempted Solution: Change out GPU5, its cables, riser, etc - Didnt work

Attempted Solution: Remove GPU5 all together and run only 0-4 GPUā€™s, this gives me another problem

Problem B: Now this problem is that my one of the GPUā€™s unknown atm can load up the miner and gets stuck, when I added the 6th GPU (#5) it never has that problem then eventually GPU will crash lol.

I did some testing where I would run all 6 with and w/o OC settings where I would only apply the settings to a single Gpu so I know all are stable with the current settings. any ideas?

I did notice though in the logs that right before this error (GPU 5 crashing) occurs the Watts for that GPU drops alot:

The VDD@ 925 for GPU5 as been my attempt to fix it, thinking it needs more voltage

AND occassionally I will get this error too:

Hey Marc, seems like tough one but Iā€™ll try to help troubleshoot, just seems off, 925 should be more than enough vdd for that setting, even with it running 960 SOC but 150 watts is very close to what my worst Samsung(148W) needs to run an effective core at 1300, with core/vdd set to 1377/900 in HiveOS. Technically its possible it needs even more vdd but seems unlikely.

Couple possible issues I want to get out of the way first

1. What PSU(s) are you running and what is it pulling form the wall?
  • all the GPUs dying with that 511c error at the same time makes me wonder if its power related
  1. I see you have the older reference 56 bios on that is that a reference 56 card or was it flashed to that bios? if flashed what kind of card is it?
  2. How sure are you when you removed GPU 5 that card was in the PCIE slot for GPU 5? - I only ask this because I bought a rig with all reference Vegas, and it was VERY confusing! actually had two of the cards mixed up and was pulling off GPU 3 thinking it was GPU 4 which caused the issue you describe when pulling that card off. When I pull one of the cards off, the others with a higher GPU# will drop by 1ā€¦so if you accidently pull off GPU1, GPU5 becomes GPU4 but would still have the same issues.

So back on my sapphire Vega 64, I canā€™t even get it to mine eth using hive os? Does great on nice hash using amdmemtweak in windows?

Could the issue be where Iā€™ve converted it to water cooling a setting somewhere or system looking for gpu fan rpm? Something seems off that it does well on nicehash/ windows but nothing on hive.

It doesnā€™t want to take any straps, I can adjust mhz a little without crashing otherwise dead gpu detected.

hi rx580

Anyone running a reference 56 hynix ? i cant get past about 173mhs.

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 13 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 19 --RCDWR 14

Tried lowering rcdrd - didnt help . tried combinations with RC lower and higher.

running 1312/900/870 - if i budge higher it tends to crash ----

Man. My vega cards get a lot of ā€œgpu detected deadā€ errors. My pool reported average hashrate is significantly lower than reported by miner.
Any ideas?

1 Like

i dare say its the OC settings and tweaks , got a screeny of the cards and settings you have ? you tried the tweaks mentioned in the thread?

1 Like

I got the tweaks in this thread.

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

what kind of vegas are they ? blower/reference ? brand ? memory type ?

1 Like

They are blower/reference vega 64s flashed with 56 bios. Both samsung.

probably just needs like 6-15 more vdd if its dying after an hour.

Average hash rate in the first 24 hours is all over the place but after 24 hours should be with in 2-3% of the max reported hash rate. I checked alot and after 24 hours they were are within 2-3% of the max reported

1 Like

Did you try the settings that I use for my vega 64?

Core 1440
VDD 915
MEM 960
Fan (auto) or 65/70%

Strap
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 13 --RCDWR 12

203.1 Mh/s

First 24hā€¦ Had 3 (gpu dead)
After thatā€¦ Iā€™m going in 6 days and okā€¦
No problemā€¦

After a reboot or power failure give (gpu dead) first day or soā€¦

Then works with no problemā€¦

2 Likes

well I update Hive os to the latest version, It wonā€™t even run these settings. So confused with this card. Sapphire vega 64 blower (converted to water cooling)
Suggestions on what to change / direction to go? I"m looking into flashing bios to vega 56 it says my current bios is device id is 1002-687f - 1002 0b36 I canā€™t find a 220watt bios that matches the device id, since iā€™ve water cooled it think I could flash to the 240 watt version?
Thanks!