More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

Hey guys, do you have good settings for a
Vega Sapphire Nitro + 56 Hynix (BIOS 016.001.001.000.000000)?

at the moment:

Hi @ss-silver ,
I got a used gigabyte vega 56 and it’s consuming a lot more power compared to the other card. It was consuming 220W then I reduced the core voltage to 850. Now it’s consuming 195W. Still higher than the other. What can be the reason? Thanks

Gigabyte Vegas show the real power usage of the entire GPU. All other brands seem to under-report their power. In my case I take the displayed power draw and add 32% to get the power “at the wall”.

2 Likes

Elysium what is your current setting for the Hynix blower card?

this?

I have tried numerous straps for the hynix with no success …
amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 37 --RP 13 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 22 --REF 65535 --RFC 239 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 19 --RCDWR 14 - 2 ( ran abit seems ok 177-178mhs)( running 1350/900/900)

Maybe it helps my Sapphire

Hello !

I have some problem with Vega 64 Sapphir.

impossible to make it work. the card reboots every 3 minutes, with errors in the screenshots. I cannot exceed 1000Mhz in gpu frequency, also impossible to tweak the card. You have any ideas?

GPU Dead too…

Ok, This is driving me batty. I’ve read every post hear and tried a variety of timings. I can’t seem to get above 158Mh. GPUs are 64s flashed to 56s. SoC’s at 960
Any thoughts?

yes those straps are what i am using , i have since had to wind back to 1312/915/870. sitting on 173.

i have crashes with the memory any higher and i tried bumping up the power with no success.

i also tried raising the rcdrd to 20 which worked but less hashrate.

i have also tried the straps from the trm etash guide with no success.

Hmm. 1312/915/870 dropped me back to ~143MH. Still stable, but less hash.
Last night I played with the core clock and voltage; Starting with 1400 at 900, and incrementing freq until reaching a higher hash, looking for stability. When the system became unstable, I’d increment VDD by 1 and it would stabilize, but I’d still be at 158MH.
It’s almost like, if I push outside a certain limit, I get higher hash but instability. I’m wondering if there’s a strap that would address this?
Also, I’ve been looking for a doc that explains each strap. If anyone has a link, I’d be greatful.

yeah ive actually got 1312 935 880 atm i went up to 890 and crashed.

i am finding the same thing theres a very fine area it will work on anything outside of that it crashes.

im not 100% but i will try raising the rcdrd to see if i can possibly wind the mem and core up without crashing…

i honestly find the mem has more effect than the core on this card.

have you done any bios mods?

You mean Bios Mods for the MB? FYI, running a TB360-BTC PRO
Also, do you have any info on the straps (doc or website)? I’d like to know more about what happens when I tweak a setting

no the card , have you moded the bios/flashed ?

Yeah. They’re actually 64s running as 56s.

Hi guys.
Any thoughts about msi airboost vegas? Both 56 and 64? Are they good for mining? Are the 64’s flashable with 56’s bioses? I need an opnion in general.

same as mine but im up at the 190 and thats about as max as i can get stable and not crashing…

amdmemtweak --CL 20 --RC 36 --RP 11 --WR 14 --CWL 8 --FAW 12 --RAS 20 --REF 65535 --RFC 248 --RTP 5 --RRDL 6 --RRDS 3 --WTRL 9 --WTRS 4 --RCDRD 12 --RCDWR 12

have you tried not running the DPM set. turn that off.

1 Like

ive got both airboost in 64 and 56 - besides one pain in the arse hynix one . im running them have been for a while no issues. besides blowers being noisy… i flashed my 64 to 56s … no issues to date.

If you can get them at the right price or have them there fine … in my opinion…

1 Like

it it worthy to change from ETH to ERGO at this point?

Personally , with my vega rig - when i input what i was hashing on ETH compared to ERGO - im a good $4-$6 a day better off on ergo thats overall not each card - i do check it to see - the other week i was on par with ETH so i left it on ergo.

Changing is up to you. if you want weekly income , long term storing or just believe in the coins use/application… depends what you want to do.

Nice. How are their hashrate/consumption/temperature compared to common reference vegas? About the same?

GPU 0 , 2 , 3 = blower reference vegas . GPU 1 = fan , except number 4 is a blower with fan kit on it… i could run less hash and less watts. but i have solar which helps with power.

1 Like