More
referral
Increase your income with Hive. Invite your friends and earn real cryptocurrency!

Mining ERGO with Vega 56 & 64

Ho joy, we’ll have to redo some fine-tuning again:

Team Red Miner v0.8.6.3
Emergency release for all ERGO miners! You must upgrade to this version before block 614400, roughly 24h from the time of release!

README highlights:

Autolykos2: emergency release to support larger pad size from block 614400. Some GPUs (mainly Vegas) will need higher core clocks to achieve the same performance as previous versions due to larger pads breaking some previous optimizations.

My Vega’s have around 135MH/s after this upgrade .

1 Like

Ergo doesnt have the same optimization opportunities, generally is more power in equals more hash out. I havent optimized for that yet since ergo hasnt been more profitable in a while and turns vega’s into mini 3080Ti level heaters. Same principle that it seems certain milestones in number causes hashrate to jump. I personally like the soc 860 → 180 MH at 120W app (180W ish at wall). It is better than 200 MH at 170W (staggering 250W wall) in terms of efficiency which I care more about. If you want 200 MH anyway, it just depends on the card. Most do 190+. The #1 lever to get about 190 is just adding more core speed and voltage. Use SS-silver memtweak straps and that 90% optimized.

2 Likes

just found out that. thats massive nerf for vegas:( from 180 to 135ish

1 Like

Hello everyone, I am new, this post helped me a lot to configure my 10 card rig, 4 vega 64 and 5 vega 56, some up to 202mh/s and what do I see this morning, I fall to 147mh/s maximum … I want to cry

1 Like

Well, the next phrase in the release notes is :

More optimizations to come in future releases.

So hopefully they get slightly better again…
But until then I think I’m converting them back to ETH. The difference is too big now.

1 Like

I think it is necessary to wait, a good part is going to leave so the difficulty is going to decrease (even if technically that does not change anything, I noticed anyway that with less difficulty I mined faster) and to see how it is going to behave the course. In 2 weeks we will know if we stay on ergo or go to eth…

Went from 195 - 200 per card to 145 - 150. BUT power is lower by about 15W software. Makes me think higher rates are possible with higher core values … IF the card will support it. I believe reference cards tap out at 1472 …

1 Like

Hi!!, Yeah I just realized the hard fork thing a few mins ago, updated miner and… wow. hashrate decreased a lot…

I’m using Nanopool and didn’t know about this. Where did all my hashrate go arg :frowning: :grin:

What about this?:

" * Autolykos2: emergency release to support larger pad size from block 614400. Some GPUs (mainly Vegas) will need higher core clocks to achieve the same performance as previous versions due to larger pads breaking some previous optimizations. More optimizations to come in future releases."

Do we need to increase core clocks?. I will stay as it is right now and that´s it, let´s hope hashrate increases again a little bit at least.

It’s not a hard fork, it’s just a pad size increase for which TRM needed an update.
And yes, as they mention in their release notes, increasing core clocks will get you a better hashrate again. But don’t expect the same hashrate / wattage ratio.

Hello, how are you, greetings from Argentina, I also have a 6 gpu vega 56 miner and what a surprise, now ask from ignorance what would it be TRM I hope you can read what I wrote since I use the translator thanks

Hello!

Back to this post after a long time. Just noticed the nerf after the update last night.
Switched the vega rig to ETH for the time being till someone figures out a way to gain back some of this hit in hashrate.

I found this post on ergo forum, hope this is true!

4 Likes

I truly hope so, but for the time being I’ve converted all my Vega’s back to ETH.
Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

thx for posting this man

1 Like

Always, we are here to help each other!Hope the post is true so we can mine again with full hashing power!

Yea… was kind of bummed out to see that the Vegas got nerfed. Been messing with the OC settings for over two days now to try to increase my hashrate. No significant difference when boosting core clock and voltages. Still pulling around 140MHs compared to the 190 - 200 that I was getting before the 8.6.3 release.

I’m using HeroMiners and I noticed is that overall Network hashrate decreased ever since the emergency release. The funny thing is, is that I haven’t noticed a reduction in payout frequency and overall coin generation. But then again, I could be living in fantasy land.

I guess the only option is to wait!

4 Likes

Guys, in HiveOS i dont have MVDD(Memory Voltage, mV) option on the screen anymore, that was visible, now its not, when mining ERGO,ETH with Teamredminer, this is just turned off?
It’s not on zero, it has value for example 1300.
Can this be turned off/on somehow?

For some reason it wont show but it is working. On my vega om rig doesnt show. On my other rig i have 5700s so it shows for all, including vega

1 Like

No matter what I do, I couldn’t go above 140 mh, I put red devil 64, 56 ati bios, please help

No one can go above 140 after the latest ERGO hard fork, check the posts before yours. We are all waiting for a possible fix.

2 Likes